Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Champions League quarter-final, first leg (A), pre-match thread: Atlético Madrid - Leicester City FC

22 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Isn't it a case that you get suspended after 3 yellows in the competition, hence why Huth was one yellow away?

In which case only Huth, Slimani and Vardy are one yellow card away.

Gabi and Luis were suspended for them on Wednesday, leaving only Gimenez one yellow away.

As Gabi and Luis didn't play, looks like you're right. Damn. At least Ndidi and Mahrez are safer than I thought.

Had a strong feeling we'd get this game - and i'm more than happy with the draw - away first is excellent news - lets not forget this time we won't be playing the Claudio way in the first leg :), deep down I didn't want to see us face a Barcelona, Real Madrid or Munich now - there is that horrible thought in the back of your head that knows they are top sides and for all the effort in the world we could still end up on the end of a heavy defeat (don't get me wrong we wouldn't fold like Arsenal) but it would be a shame to see the lads puffed out after giving it their all and we lose like 4-1 or something daft after playing a similar level to the Sevilla game at home. I really hope the lads from the O'Neill era - Walshy, Marshall etc remind the lads a bit of the history here from 20 years ago, i'll never forget it and i was ten back then lol - having an opposition the fans really want to stick it to gives us something extra to get behind the team for, it's time for an attempt at redemption...

I said it once somewhere else - and i'll say it again - the stadium the other night played a MASSIVE part in our win, the Sevilla players "knew" what was coming - and still couldn't take it, they've never seen anything like it from a English club (well done again for all the banners and stuff) Ath Madrid will be aware of whats coming - but our desire as fans to finally get one back over them could be cruical

We could not have got a better tie in my view,

COME ON CITEH!

1 hour ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Are we holding a 20 year bus reunion?

Still one of the funniest things I've seen / heard at a game as us dishevelled bus lot were in one block and the fresh as a daisy beered up bunch to our left, who had flown sang the 'wheels on the bus go round and round all day long'.

We didn't know if to laugh or attack the p8ss taking bar stewards.

Great days with Marshall's goal still being in my top 6 celebrated goals of all time.

The come back of 'We're going France, we're going France - you're not' was half decent as well. Dont think the Spanish coppers had ever seen football fans laugh before. They beat the hell out of the one Spanish lad who tried to get over to us. I flew over with the club, and the pub nearest the park where the coaches dropped us off had a Forset fan working behind the bar - but fair play to him he started off half of the songs.

In 8 CL games we have kept 5 clean sheets. We've conceded 1 goal at home in our 4 CL games, funnily enough that was against a piss poor Brugge side. No matter what happens from now on we have had one great ride. Shame about the domestic troubles thoigh.

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

In 8 CL games we have kept 5 clean sheets. We've conceded 1 goal at home in our 4 CL games, funnily enough that was against a piss poor Brugge side. No matter what happens from now on we have had one great ride. Shame about the domestic troubles thoigh.

Kasper has only conceded in 1 game out of six appearances (2 goals)

34 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Try flying to Valencia and getting high speed to Madrid takes 1hr and comfy service

I've done this before. Went to Madrid, then Valencia, then Barcelona. High speed trains too and as you say very comfy.

2 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

No chance lol

Still fecks me off the people I go down with pimp out their season ticket for years so others can go to away games... now muggins here is left at home as they shoot off around Europe having not actually gone to many away games themselves!

4 hours ago, gcxttle said:

I think this the best draw we could have got, a big team which isn't doing so well in the league, 5 points behind Sevilla.  

They've got an incredible level of European pedigree - as we've proven this year, league form is a bit irrelevant when it comes to the Champions League. They also differ to Sevilla in that they'll not be stuck for ideas when we sit back and wait to pounce on the counter. They've put away a lot of teams this year who've tried to play them at their own game. I went to the Euros last year and saw Greizmann against Iceland - he's honestly magnificent. Doesn't need much space at all to create something brilliant. We're in for an incredibly tough game. But... as many European teams have found this year, playing against a team as aggressive, nasty and pacey as we are always leaves us in with a shout. Spanish defenders don't deal with the Vardys of this world on a regular basis. 

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Kasper has only conceded in 1 game out of six appearances (2 goals)

I'm still slightly annoyed with the Porto away debacle. I know we had already won the group but it was shameful the way we rolled over. 

Does anyone know how the card system works in Champions League? 

Did all cards given to players in groups continue into knock outs or did they all get wiped? 

How many cards to a suspension and what are ours and Atletico players on? 

Think Vardy has had a couple already in champions league, if he is close to a suspension I can imagine few Atletico players looking to get him booked especially after the last game. 

We were terrible in Sevilla and still scored an away goal.

We'll play much better at Athletico now we're back, so on that basis we're going to score at least one.

I'd be happy with a 2-1 loss again to bring back to the King Power :P

Archived