Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Coventry City... Doomed?

On 02/04/2017 at 07:40, Matt said:

•I thought they were boycotting because of the owners.

I sympathise with them because of their owners but the thing is most of these people on my Facebook feed weren't going long before SISU, the Ricoh or even at all for that matter, poor attendances were happening before the owners started being idiots, the fans really do have a big part to blame.

There are a lot of them that cannot be arsed anymore because they're shite, and hide behind the 'boycott' as an excuse for not supporting their club when their support is needed.

SISU are cancerous and no club deserves that kind of ownership, but the thousands that went to Wembley at the weekend have done no favours for the fans who genuinely love the club and would be there every week no matter what league they were in, if they didn't have such dreadful owners.

3 hours ago, Northants Fox 3 said:

Defeat at home to Peterborough today will see them go down 

The 1-0 home win has given them another lifeline, the relegation threat is still very imminent. 11 points off a spot in the safety zone, and only 12 points to play for now...

On 3/19/2017 at 14:47, EastAnglianFox said:

Used to absolutely love Highfield Road as an away day, wasn't the biggest but some serious atmosphere for our fixture and a real genuine dislike for each other led to some more than interesting times if seated down near the corner flag.

4APR 2017

Charlton                                                
CharltonSky Bet League One
K.O
15:00
H      
MON17APR 2017
Rochdale
RochdaleSky Bet League One
K.O
A      
SAT22APR 2017
Walsall
WalsallSky Bet League One
K.O
H      
SUN30APR 2017

Scunthorpe
ScunthorpeSky Bet League One
K.O
12:00
A  

Their last four games

22 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The 1-0 home win has given them another lifeline, the relegation threat is still very imminent. 11 points off a spot in the safety zone, and only 12 points to play for now...

4APR 2017

Charlton                                                
CharltonSky Bet League One
K.O
H      
MON17APR 2017
Rochdale
RochdaleSky Bet League One
K.O
A      
SAT22APR 2017
Walsall
WalsallSky Bet League One
K.O
H      
SUN30APR 2017

Scunthorpe
ScunthorpeSky Bet League One
K.O
12:00
A  

Their last four games

2 hours ago, Northants Fox 3 said:

Sorry about the double post here used the wrong quote in the first one 

No worries. We're all guilty of double posts from time to time :)

2 hours ago, Northants Fox 3 said:

Sorry about the double post here used the wrong quote in the first one 

No worries. We're all guilty of double posts from time to time :)

In 2008 they lost at Charlton but celebrated our relegation to League One.

Today they draw with Charlton and are relegated to League Two.

Unbelivable how quick things turn in football. In that time we won League One, won the Championship and won the PL.

10 minutes ago, Koke said:

Coventry are officially down. 

At least it gives them the easier opportunity of being able to finish in the top-six of any league for the first time in forty-odd years..

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

In 2008 they lost at Charlton but celebrated our relegation to League One.

Today they draw with Charlton and are relegated to League Two.

Unbelivable how quick things turn in football. In that time we won League One, won the Championship and won the PL.

I hope we don't play them again for at least a decade. League Two pub football for them for at least 5 years please.

9 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I do feel for the fans though, at least they are genuine as appossed to going for the glory. Club their size going down to div 4 is quite scandalous and I hope they turn it around. 

Needed to go 25 miles east for that :pearson:

24 minutes ago, Corky said:

Needed to go 25 miles east for that :pearson:

25 miles east of Coventry. That'll be Corby town then. Couple of seasons away that one with derbies against Nuneaton & Bedworth to look forward to.

Coventry City football Club R.I.P

I can't laugh because it's a case of 'there but for the grace of God go us' so far as I'm concerned.

10 years ago, ourselves and Coventry were at pretty much the same level. Two medium sized clubs playing in stadia with near identical capacities with similar attendances and short to medium term aspirations that were on their arse, basically fighting to stay in the second tier. As it turned out, we ended up with Mandaric as chairman and they ended up with SISU a few months later. That is the sole point of divergence. Yes, we're a bigger club than Coventry in terms of our fanbase, so would probably never see attendances fall to 8,000 as Coventry's have, but swap the owners and you swap the destinies. We struck lucky with Mandaric spending money on the club and appointing Pearson, and even luckier with King Power and almost everything that's happened since. Coventry have been the exact opposite. It could so easily have been Coventry in Europe and us looking towards away trips to Accrington and Barnet next season.

The way things are going with their lease due to expire on the Ricoh and few alternatives does make you wonder about their future. Another Darlington can't be ruled out, and that would be a crying shame.

Archived