Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Germany v England - Weds 22nd, 19:45

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'm the only one who thought that was actually one of the best performances we've put in for some time then. 

But surely its like i said before they have to commit to 343 now or its irrelevant. Its just one performance and thats happened many times before

2 minutes ago, Donut said:

But surely its like i said before they have to commit to 343 now or its irrelevant. Its just one performance and thats happened many times before

Has it?

I know we've beat teams but it's normally a horrendous watch, they actually looked like a football team last night. 

Maybe they will commit to 3-4-3 who knows, if the football is not yawn worthily frustrating it'll be a massive improvement, I aint making out like we are going to win the World Cup, lets face it getting out the group would probably be an achievement at the minute. 

Amazed people thought it was dull.

Yeah there was only one goal but I thought England pressed Germany to near perfection.

Bringing players like Kane, Rose, Henderson etc back into the side can only be better for us. Plenty of positives to take from last night.

Pretty boring but some odd flashes. The team looked comfortable in the formation and as mentioned just above, bringing in better quality players will help. Certainly good to see something new tried and something we could potentially take to the world cup.

I personally just hate watching football where 90% of passes are backwards or sideways so I'm never going to enjoy watching that. Germany barely ever turn up in friendlies so it's hard to take much from it.

Liked the look of Keane and Livermoore didn't look too bad in there. Felt a bit sorry for Ward-Prowse, everything he touched in the first 5 minutes was awful but he seemed to settle at the end.

Will be interesting to see if we persist with the formation and if we do, how we look with a stronger team out. We should be able to play a similar team against weaker opposition but with more attacking players in the wig back roles which could lead to some potential entertaining football.

What's with the negative comments? England all over them in first half were unlucky hitting post etc they were playing the world champions for god sake. I'm usually one of the first to slate England for poor performances but they were just unlucky tonight and think they looked really promising for the future.

We played very well I was impressed to be honest, I felt it was even a better performance in general than when we beat them 3-2... we actually outplayed them in parts of the match keeping the ball very well and looking comfortable. I think the foundations are there to step up a level into that top tier of teams that is for sure. 

10 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'm the only one who thought that was actually one of the best performances we've put in for some time then. 

It was actually watchable for a change. 

Couldn't agree more and I never agree with anything you say.

Archived