Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Germany v England - Weds 22nd, 19:45

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

He plays the same position for Spurs and he's been scoring goals for fun since that switch.

Spurs play 4-2-3-1 with Alli in the middle of the 3 and not a 3-4-3 with Alli on the side which England are playing tonight. 

19 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Spurs play 4-2-3-1 with Alli in the middle of the 3 and not a 3-4-3 with Alli on the side which England are playing tonight. 

Not this season they dont.

They've been playing a 3-4-3 for ages.

Lloris

Dier Alderweireld Vertonghen

Walker Dembele Wanyama Rose

Eriksen Kane Alli

The team just smacks of theres a few people talking about Michael Keane, so ive absolutely got to play him to show that i give different players a chance, whilst chucking someone who plays in a back 4 into a back 3, and that Chelsea are winning the league playing 3-4-3, so i must also give 3-4-3 a go seeing as its in fashion at the moment, even if all my players are in weird positions because of it.

Dross.

england will never win a major tournament until they accept they are massive underdogs and more importantly, play like underdogs. ok you're not going to be an underdog against san marino, but even when we play the shit teams we try to play this horrid tiki-taka football which ends up with us playing sideway passes for 90 minutes instead of going direct and for the throat.

englands style of play played right into the hands of iceland, russia & slovakia last summer. the style of play has to change.

38 minutes ago, Donut said:

The team just smacks of theres a few people talking about Michael Keane, so ive absolutely got to play him to show that i give different players a chance,

Yes Donut, that is the point of friendly matches.

Just now, kingfox said:

Southgate has picked in form players and as @matty98 at least he's changed it round a bit.

Interested to see how Keane gets on. Vardy getting a chance to lead the line on his own. Only selection I don't get is the Livermore one.

Livermore is being rewarded for good form and is one of the few England midfielders not currently injured.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Yes Donut, that is the point of friendly matches.

If he doesnt intend on picking Keane come the tournament, its a waste of time.

He should be picking Keane in proper matches moving forward. Which i doubt he will.

Just now, Donut said:

If he doesnt intend on picking Keane come the tournament, its a waste of time.

He should be picking Keane in proper matches moving forward. Which i doubt he will.

How have you worked that out?

He's picking him in these matches to see if he's good enough to play in tournaments and qualifying games. That is why we have friendly matches.

Just now, AKCJ said:

How have you worked that out?

He's picking him in these matches to see if he's good enough to play in tournaments and qualifying games. That is why we have friendly matches.

You know full well there are loads of options available in the squad that mean the likes of Keane and Livermore wont play proper games.

Theyre probably not good enough to get a spot anyway, theyre mostly there to make the numbers up anyway.

He needs to seriously commit to playing Keane for a run of games or else its pointless. What if he is bad tonight? we write him off?

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Livermore is being rewarded for good form and is one of the few England midfielders not currently injured.

He's been alright, wouldn't of picked him in the squad though.

Would have Drinkwater, Winks & Davies over him.

Just now, Donut said:

You know full well there are loads of options available in the squad that mean the likes of Keane and Livermore wont play proper games.

Theyre probably not good enough to get a spot anyway, theyre mostly there to make the numbers up anyway.

He needs to seriously commit to playing Keane for a run of games or else its pointless. What if he is bad tonight? we write him off?

Why won't Keane play proper games? You're aware that Southgate has managed him plenty of times before and probably knows his strengths and weaknesses yeah?

Livermore is more in the team because on injuries etc but Keane is having a great season. Both have been rewarded for their club performances with an opportunity to show their ability on the international stage.

We have multiple friendly games per year for untested players to showcase their abilities.

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

He's been alright, wouldn't of picked him in the squad though.

Would have Drinkwater, Winks & Davies over him.

Davies is too young to be thrust into the first team just yet IMO. Winks is fine developing in the U21s.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Why won't Keane play proper games? You're aware that Southgate has managed him plenty of times before and probably knows his strengths and weaknesses yeah?

Livermore is more in the team because on injuries etc but Keane is having a great season. Both have been rewarded for their club performances with an opportunity to show their ability on the international stage.

We have multiple friendly games per year for untested players to showcase their abilities.

I just feel he will revert to type like all england managers. Youll see Stones, Smalling and the likes back in an England shirt at the first opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Donut said:

I just feel he will revert to type like all england managers. Youll see Stones, Smalling and the likes back in an England shirt at the first opportunity.

Stones has the ability to be our best defender. In a 3 I think he'll be fine (similar to Cahill this season). Smalling is starting tonight.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Stones has the ability to be our best defender. In a 3 I think he'll be fine (similar to Cahill this season). Smalling is starting tonight.

The basic point im making is that we should be giving players we are DEFINITELY going to give lots of game time to in the tournament, and working on a style of play.

Ive seen loads of managers piss about with 15 different new players and 4 systems in friendlies. Get to the tournament, still have no clue, play shit, and its back to square one again.

Archived