Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Germany v England - Weds 22nd, 19:45

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I do think a lot more of Southgate than Hodgson. I'm not expecting miracles but he gives me a bit more optimism. Bit of experimenting.

Allardyce would have been better had he not been stupid in my opinion. Would have been ugly but he wouldnt have cared about being hipster with his selections

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Surreal moment then. A Leicester City player is playing with the number 9 shirt upfront for England away at Germany.

Stuff like that makes me realise how far we've come.

The strangest thing for me is its not even that bizarre a concept anymore.

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

With the caveat that this is a friendly, and we are terrible when it really matters in tournaments, we are all over these.

And that is the caveat. Because weve beaten Germany, Spain, France, Brazil in friendlies and fact is, it means f all.

8 minutes ago, Donut said:

Allardyce would have been better had he not been stupid in my opinion. Would have been ugly but he wouldnt have cared about being hipster with his selections

Do agree but I've been quite pleasantly surprised by Southgate to be honest. Thought he'd be a younger Hodgson but he's making some moves I like.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Well not really, our lot were chanting the same at that German club we played the other year.

Traveling "english" fans ? Lager louts... call them whatever you want lol 

Drinkwater & Albrighton would have put Vardy through about 5 times by now. Vardy's made a lot of runs, but not been found by his team mates. They don't have the end product or quality, to play a defence splitting through ball.

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Do agree but I've been quite pleasantly surprised by Southgate to be honest. Thought he'd be a younger Hodgson but he's making some moves I like.

I dont want to put the guy down, im prepared to give him a fair chance, but all that matters is tournaments.

Lets give him a tournament and see how we go.

Everything else is peripheral and a bit meaningless. Qualifying for a tournament should be an expectation with the qualifiers he has taken charge against Malta and Scotland.

If he can inspire a proper tournament from the side, id be more than happy.

Archived