Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy Death Threats

Guest Foxin_mad
2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Name one. 

There are many. Obviously I am not going to give names but there are many many pundits that have encouraged this behaviour by fuelling nonsense stories about player revolts without knowing the full facts. The Mirror, Guardian, Mail, Sky and BBC are all guilty in fanning the flames of hate against us in the self righteous styles.

7 minutes ago, Foxin_mad said:

There are many. Obviously I am not going to give names but there are many many pundits that have encouraged this behaviour by fuelling nonsense stories about player revolts without knowing the full facts. The Mirror, Guardian, Mail, Sky and BBC are all guilty in fanning the flames of hate against us in the self righteous styles.

100% agree with this and then they are horrified this morning!!

jusging by twitter this past few weeks it's more likely Chelsea fans than ours anyway (plus the odd unhinged former player/pundit/journo)

22 minutes ago, Foxin_mad said:

My bad. I wondered who these dreadful libtards are that you seem to object to. 

I've just seen someone comment on the story saying that he killed Bambi (in relation to the Ranieri sacking) and that he should accept the consequences.

Jesus wept. The internet eh?

Guest Foxin_mad
23 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

My bad. I wondered who these dreadful libtards are that you seem to object to. 

Basically any person who takes the moral high ground on something that has absolutely nothing to do with them and obsesses over it in an unhealthy way. The media is full of them.

This is the sort of time you just wish the Police got involved In. Proper grievance regardless of him being famous or a good footballer the people making death threats should be made an example of which would stop others doing it. Police at Derby quite happy to hit old blokes with battons. Why can't they give these keyboard warriors a bit of that. 

8 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

This is the sort of time you just wish the Police got involved In. Proper grievance regardless of him being famous or a good footballer the people making death threats should be made an example of which would stop others doing it. Police at Derby quite happy to hit old blokes with battons. Why can't they give these keyboard warriors a bit of that. 

There's an awful lot of keyboard warriors about. And personally I think you're spot on. Direct threats should be treated with the contempt they deserve.

3 hours ago, Foxin_mad said:

Basically any person who takes the moral high ground on something that has absolutely nothing to do with them and obsesses over it in an unhealthy way. The media is full of them.

Can we find a different term for them perhaps? You're clearly sensible but there are many hateful people who use such words to dismiss anyone that thinks or feels stuff and AREN'T obsessed. Being a of a liberal mind should not be cause for instant put down, but I'm afraid the term 'libtard' is, and as egregious as suggesting anyone vaguely right wing is knuckle dragging moron. 

I'll put money on that many opposition fans find Vardy's behaviour annoying.

As for death threats ( If it's true ) then report it to the police and keep your head down.

Full story on Loose Woman where Mrs Vardy is appearing tomorrow ................ She'll give her fee to Charity obviously  ;)

Send them a Message in a Bottle but Don't Stand to Close to Me cos you got us Wrapped Around Your Finger and we Can't Stand Losing You. We believe everything you both say with Every Breath You Take ...................But without us you'd be So Lonely.

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da ….......... :ph34r:

Not to condone sending death threats which is vile behaviour, but I imagine every professional footballer has been victim to such threats by some keyboard warrior one way or another in their careers.

Not really sure why Vardy has gone public with this like he's a special case when every footballer probably gets this, other than him and his wife are massive media whores.

Every premier league footballer has received some sort of death threat online.

Vardy is one of the most well publisized strikers, not just in England, not just in Europe, but in the world. The idea he is doing this for even more publicity is bizarre. There is a nutter element--as with other teams or any large group--and it's probably the same nutter element that abused his wife online after they decided he was leaving for Arsenal because of her. He has a wife to protect. He has a child to protect. He has an extended family to protect. If he wants to expose the nutters who are doing this - good on him. I'm of the opinion we should support him, not condemn him.

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No idea if this has been suggested on the first three pages but could this not be seen as justification for him to seek a move come June? 

Could be. But often, "I've been here a while, I fancy a change and there's a crazy amount of money involved" is normally good enough for most players.

54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No idea if this has been suggested on the first three pages but could this not be seen as justification for him to seek a move come June? 

Wouldn't like to watch him play against us after all he's done for us.

I hope he sees out his contract

lol

Hate to be a cynic, I really do. But it had all gone quiet on the tabloid front for the Vardys. This story gets in all the papers on Monday and BOOM! Guess who's on Loose Women on Wednesday, and also in 2 Daily Mail articles and on the OK! Magazine website already today.

On 22/03/2017 at 13:37, ealingfox said:

lol

Hate to be a cynic, I really do. But it had all gone quiet on the tabloid front for the Vardys. This story gets in all the papers on Monday and BOOM! Guess who's on Loose Women on Wednesday, and also in 2 Daily Mail articles and on the OK! Magazine website already today.

100% the death threats were probably real but mentioning them to the press would have been a calculated move. 

Archived