Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesDeb

Website for new business

On 3/21/2017 at 14:42, FoxesDeb said:

I'm trying to start a little laundry and ironing service from home, and will need a basic website. I've had a quick Google, and there are so many to choose from. 

Does anyone have a recommendation? Cheap and cheerful is fine!

Also is it okay to design and print flyers at home, or should I get them done professionally?

I do a bit of web design on the side.  I'd be happy to help a fellow fox out in anyway possible - whether you just want some advice, or a bit of guidance on a site you build yourself or if you want somebody to build it completely for you and handle all the misc details.

Feel free to ask any questions on here or you can shoot me a PM.

A few initial thoughts:

1) You can probably get by with a pretty basic website for the services you're offering  (unless you want go all out and offer online payment and scheduling)

2) Don't forget facebook, instagram, linkedin etc etc for building your online presence 

3) I typically would recommend doing flyers/business cards yourself - but a lot of that comes down to how comfortable you feel designing those things - or for that matter, the time you will need to invest into doing it yourself

....I'll have a look around online and see if what I can find for templates and design packages that might work for you

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CityFan 06

I might be looking at creating a website soon. I will need an address that finishes in .co.uk ideally, does it cost to do this? In addition to this, as this website will be for professional work, I'd need people to be able to pay through the website too. 

What would be recommended for these specifications, is it possible? Any input is appreciated. 

Archived