Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
casablancas

PayPal scam

Need advice lads. Selling something via gumtree but I have reason to believe this is actually a scam. But could do with someone else having a quick look. 

"

logo_emailheader_113wx46h.gif

scr_emailTopCorners_580wx13h.gifpixel.gif

Please process this order as soon as possible

Dear Chris,
You received a payment from Chris Jeff. The money is pending and deposited in PayPal escrow account.The payment will not reflect in your account balance until we receive the proof of shipment from you for confirmation and, once shipment is confirmed, the money will be in your available balance within few minutes. This will help us continue to be a safer way to buy and sell.
How can I get my money sooner?
You should be able to get your money within few hours upon confirmation of shipment.
  • Send the item to the buyer's postal address as displayed on this page.
  • Email us a proof of shipment such as shipment confirmation code/receipt reference number, this is required for shipment verification in other to transfer the money to your account immediately. 
  • For items or services that cannot be physically delivered (for instance, digital goods like eBooks or smartphone apps), mark the order as Processed on the Transaction details page and provide any additional details requested.
Tip: The Tracking Number must be e-mailed through our Automated Verification ISLYou may contact PayPal customer service by Clicking Here or reply directly to this email by using the reply button in your Mail Box and Quote the below Transaction ID for quick recognition of this transaction.
Payment Details:

Amount (pending): £780.00GBP

Transaction ID:  

Send to address: 
NAME
Flat Mayfield Road, 
Salford, 
M7 3WZ.
UNITED KINGDOM

For this and all future transactions, we recommend that you:
  • Send to the buyer's address on this page only.
  • Use a delivery service that offers signature confirmation.
  • Save all tracking information or other proof of delivery.
Yours sincerely,
PayPal

pixel.gifscr_emailBottomCorners_580wx13h.gif"

I have delwted the dudes name and most of his address. I was hoping someone has more experience of using gumtree and PayPal. I am loathe to send an 800£ laptop without the money actually in my account. 

Any advice would be handy. Will try and contact PayPal again this am. 

When you start reading it, it days 'within few minutes', missing out a letter a. A genuine email from PayPal is highly unlikely to have any mistakes. There's another mistake where it says in other to, rather than in order to. 

Can you click on the details of the email address it has come from? 

Definitely not genuine.

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

When you start reading it, it days 'within few minutes', missing out a letter a. A genuine email from PayPal is highly unlikely to have any mistakes.

Can you click on the details of the email address it has come from? 

IMG_3776.PNG

Just now, Facecloth said:

Doesn't look like a pay pal email to me. Would have PayPal after the @

I am not convinced at all. I have tried to contact PayPal but it's proved difficult to get through to the phone lines and they have not replied to my email. 

As in, it's 100% fake. The English has primary school level errors and they've not even bothered trying to use a PayPal domain. Consultant.com!? lol

If you've any doubts, always contact PayPal (or your bank, or whoever the fishing scam is SUPPOSED to be from) directly via a phone number you know is 100% genuine, ie whatever is on PayPal.com.

19 minutes ago, casablancas said:

So all in all this douche is well a douche bag. I have his postage address and some family just outside Salford. Half minded to pay him a visit. 

It'll most likely be a bullshit address. They're probably not even in the UK. The email URL is the significant bit.

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It'll most likely be a bullshit address. They're probably not even in the UK. The email URL is the significant bit.

Is it worth even replying to his email stating I shall not be sending it or just ignore him. 

5 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Is it worth even replying to his email stating I shall not be sending it or just ignore him. 

Don't do anything.

Um, except maybe contact gumtree, I assume they have policy and protection against this stuff.

I keep having trouble with PayPal. It says someone gets into my account so they lock it and then I have to change my password to unlock it. And then about a month later (this way about two weeks ago now) it happened again.

When I spoke to them on the phone they were talking about fraud/someone suspect somehow accessing my account.

Ass

email_logo.gif

Reminder: Shipment Confirmation Codes Re quest!
 Dear Christopher Dalby,
This email confirm that you have a pending PayPal payment of £780.00GBP from Chris Jeff awaiting onward transfer to your account upon receipt of proof of shipment to the following address.

NAME:Adam Davidson
Flat 6 Mayfield Road, 
Salford, 
M7 3WZ.
UNITED KINGDOM.

PayPal would like to inform you that the funds sent to your account for an eBay Auction has been debited from the buyer's account now awaiting onward transfer to your PayPal account upon confirmation of shipment. 

PayPal authority would also like to inform you that the funds is currently being held in our database pending onward transfer to your account once transaction is completed. The buyer no longer have access to the said funds, it has been debited completely from the buyer's account pending onward transfer into your account from our database upon confirmation of shipment. 

The payment is pending and will not reflect in your account balance until we receive the proof of shipment from you for confirmation, this will enable us transfer the funds to your account after  shipment confirmation.

This is PayPal recently updated policy,  the payment will only reflect in your account balance immediately the transaction is completed. This is a 100% assurance from PayPal authority to you. 

Please understand that this is a security measure introduced to help us protect both parties. We apologize for any inconveniences.

With more than 147 million accounts worldwide, we are a leading online payment method you can trust.

We are highly sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team.

not even an eBay auction. 

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

Ass

email_logo.gif

Reminder: Shipment Confirmation Codes Re quest!
 Dear Christopher Dalby,
This email confirm that you have a pending PayPal payment of £780.00GBP from Chris Jeff awaiting onward transfer to your account upon receipt of proof of shipment to the following address.

NAME:Adam Davidson
Flat 6 Mayfield Road, 
Salford, 
M7 3WZ.
UNITED KINGDOM.

PayPal would like to inform you that the funds sent to your account for an eBay Auction has been debited from the buyer's account now awaiting onward transfer to your PayPal account upon confirmation of shipment. 

PayPal authority would also like to inform you that the funds is currently being held in our database pending onward transfer to your account once transaction is completed. The buyer no longer have access to the said funds, it has been debited completely from the buyer's account pending onward transfer into your account from our database upon confirmation of shipment. 

The payment is pending and will not reflect in your account balance until we receive the proof of shipment from you for confirmation, this will enable us transfer the funds to your account after  shipment confirmation.

This is PayPal recently updated policy,  the payment will only reflect in your account balance immediately the transaction is completed. This is a 100% assurance from PayPal authority to you. 

Please understand that this is a security measure introduced to help us protect both parties. We apologize for any inconveniences.

With more than 147 million accounts worldwide, we are a leading online payment method you can trust.

We are highly sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team.

not even an eBay auction. 

So many errors in that it's almost comical. Not remotely funny for anyone taken in by it though.

As I get a mixture of genuine and fake Pay Pal mails instead of clicking on any of their links I come out of my emails and log into my account on the Pay Pal website where you should find any genuine messages that have been sent and be able to check your status. It's a longer way round than using a link but you'll have peace of mind and you won't be funding the Social lives of any Nigerians.  

Archived