Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

The Foxestalk World Cup of Food - FINAL

World Cup of Food - Final & 3rd Place Playoff:  

130 members have voted

1. 1. FINAL - Fish & Chips (UK) Vs Tandoori Chicken (India)

2. 2. 3rd Place Playoff - Doner Kebab (Turkey) Vs Burrito (Mexico)

So here we have it, Just over a week of (literally) mouthwatering ties have all come down to this. The final of the Foxestalk World Cup of Food, and to a lesser extent, the 3rd place playoff.

The semi-finals were not as close as i had expected, and i'm still so disappointed and ashamed that you all voted Paella out of the competition so early on that i'm not so sure you even deserve a final! But here are the results of the semi finals:

Tandoori Chicken (India) 52 Vs 39 Doner Kebab (Turkey)

Fish & Chips (UK) 65 Vs 26 (Burrito)

So that means the World Cup Final will be contested between the national dishes of the UK and India. Voting concludes on friday, and i will celebrate the winner by eating it friday evening - I urge you all to do the same!

Its a fix. Fish and chips not exciting enough for me unless served with curry sauce.

So going for Tandoori with Kebab 3rd. My choice would have been paella. Where was Lasagne?

Whats the spanish one similar to an omlette with potatoes in? Love that

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Tortilla

1 minute ago, TiffToff88 said:

Spanish Omelette?

Yes to both. Just thought there was another name than Omelette. There is a bit more to them than the English ones. The Spanish like their food.

Dover sole off the bone cooked in butter and with fries is a fantastic light meal when you don't want to be stuffed ...    Good business lunch.   Mind the 5 pints I used to wash it down with sort of fvcked things up.   :)

So it's fish and chips for my vote.

4 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Cooked to perfection, which is increasingly rare, fish and chips can be delicious and definitely the winner for me.    

3 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Pity they can't cook it from my experience. 

So for those of you who missed blanket prejudice in the first post don't worry....

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

So for those of you who missed blanket prejudice in the first post don't worry....

I don't think giving a personal experience is blanket prejudice. I've had similar experiences. Most of the time I've been in Spain, the food has been below par and disappointing too, which is a shame. Thracian can be pretty hard going at times, but there's nothing wrong here.

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

Where's the best fish & chip shop in Leicester?

Grimsby Fisheries is one of the best imo.

The Nook, in Cosby used to do brilliant fish. The batter was always spot on for me, though saying that, I've not got any from there for a couple of years.

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

Tortilla Española or Spanish Tortilla, to use its full name.....as opposed to the Mexican tortilla you might be thinking of.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/eggs-recipes/spanish-tortilla/

Spanish tortilla

I wouldn't trust his advice on Spanish food given the reaction he got after putting Chorizo in Paella.