Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

Green Tea

I'm trying to be a bit healthier, my diet has been terrible over the years, so i thought i'd give green tea a try. How many times do you have to drink that horrendous stuff before you start to be able to tolerate the horrific taste??

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Just drink water....

I'm a simple (minded) man. I see a box of green tea with words like "detox" "anti-oxidants" and "healthy" and i fall right into the trap. Never seen those words written on a tap

13 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I'm a simple (minded) man. I see a box of green tea with words like "detox" "anti-oxidants" and "healthy" and i fall right into the trap. Never seen those words written on a tap

Don't fall into the trap of healthy labelling shite, it's not worth it.

Most 'detox' products are a total myth. The liver is responsible for detoxing the body and if it's not working you'd be horrendously ill likely, so detox is a big no.

Funny you should mention this, I've been reading that it's a good fat burner and meant to buy some last night.

As everyone else has said though it is complete filth. I remember getting bought a really cool fancy box of the stuff from a Chinese customer and nearly spewing every time I had a cup.

2 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Give me a sharpie and 5 minutes... As has been said-  detoxing is bollocks, your liver serves that exact purpose, and anything bioaccumulative not being removed isn't going to be flushed out by a cup of rancid piss.

Lemon one is alright. But the others you have to be careful not to leave the bag in too long else, yeh, it tastes bitter as fook. 

No tea is going to be some magic health drink, but good if you're trying to cut down on caffeine. Herbal/fruit teas are good too, like peppermint or berry flavours.

*handbag emoji*

Try lemon and ginger tea instead, that stuff is damn good for you and the taste is on the nice side of bearable.

If you must go with green tea, agreed that the lemon ones are the most bearable: it is rank though. One of those drinks that are a punishment unless its so cold your hands are shaking and you'll ingest anything warm.

Nothing wrong with wanting to be healthy and yeah either put some honey in it or if you are also worried about your sugar intake there is a natural sweetener that most health places sell, maybe even some supermarkets by now that's called stevia. Its the only 100% natural sweetener on the market. Its an extract from the Rebiana plant. Try and get it in a liquid form if you can- tastes better than the granulated. It wasn't allowed onto many western markets for many years because apparently it hadn't been researched well. That isn't actually true what they mean is countries in Europe and also the USA hadn't researched it -  it has been used after good research in many Asian countries and South American countries too - the Rebiana plant is Native to Peru.If you research Stevia you'll also find that in its most natural form it can have many health benefits and can help with high blood pressure.

Personally i'd rather drink my own piss than drink green tea - but try camomile tea- add honey to that too- kind of like a natural sleep-aid. It can help relax the body

Archived