Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Good News - Rare Tigers eyed in Thailand

10 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

If the fvcking Chinese would stop paying locals to shoot stuff so they can grind up some obscure bone into their magic erection powder we wouldn't have got into this mess in the first place. The Chinese are a gruesome heartless people.

We killed for sport years ago, they kill for equally pointless reasons now.

Hopefully pretty soon they'll get ahead of the curve as most (and I emphasise most; we have our own heartless ones) of the Western nations are regarding this particular topic.

7 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Hopefully pretty soon they'll get ahead of the curve as most (and I emphasise most; we have our own heartless ones) of the Western nations are regarding this particular topic.

I very, very, very much doubt that.

10 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

It's 2017 now not 1817. They have all the conservation data available and they ignore it. They've killed just about every other animal in their own nation because they regard just about everything from giant salamanders to bear paws as a delicacy so their moving on to other countries animals.  In this situation the Chinese goverment can be praised for their efforts to stop trade put the populace are a cruel people indeed.

11 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

I dont know if you have ever been but china is one ****ed up place.

Yes I have, and yes, so were we. That's the point I'm making - things change.

Of course, they have to change fast.

6 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

It's 2017 now not 1817. They have all the conservation data available and they ignore it. They've killed just about every other animal in their own nation because they regard just about everything from giant salamanders to bear paws as a delicacy so their moving on to other countries animals.  In this situation the Chinese goverment can be praised for their efforts to stop trade put the populace are a cruel people indeed.

Yep, better education is definitely called for - especially in the field of ridiculous quackery that is used over there sometimes.

They're definitely at fault for the current situation...I'm just not a fan of the generalisation or the idea that they can't change, that's all.

57 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

If the fvcking Chinese would stop paying locals to shoot stuff so they can grind up some obscure bone into their magic erection powder we wouldn't have got into this mess in the first place. The Chinese are a gruesome heartless people.

I think that's right up there as one of the biggest generalisations I've ever seen on here. Well done, that's some going.

4 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I wouldn't say its every Chinese person more of them eat insects than go after tigers so I wouldn't get to wound up.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

I wouldn't say its every Chinese person more of them eat insects than go after tigers so I wouldn't get to wound up.

The vast majority of Chinese have only seen tigers in zoos and on television. They seem to have a strange view of animals generally. My friend from Shanghai is noticeably scared of even the most docile dogs and I don't think it's unusual. They're not at all touchy-feely and will even cross the road to avoid them.          

6 hours ago, Thracian said:

The vast majority of Chinese have only seen tigers in zoos and on television. They seem to have a strange view of animals generally. My friend from Shanghai is noticeably scared of even the most docile dogs and I don't think it's unusual. They're not at all touchy-feely and will even cross the road to avoid them.          

I didn't realise most Brits get to see non-captive Tigers in the flesh on a frequent basis.  Sounds like I've been missing out.

Also I've met quite a few English people with a dog phobia which must mean that all of us struggle to get along with animals too based on your logic that a sample size of one person is sufficient to make a sweeping generalisation about all people of a certain nationality (completely forgetting about the sheer size of that nation and the diversity of its native population).

12 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

The same China that's performed miracles with the panda?

And no other nation in the world is endangering big cats?

American-Hunter-Lion-Killing-SA.jpg

And all 1.3 billion Chinese are cruel and heartless?

Have a day off.

Archived