Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Good News - Rare Tigers eyed in Thailand

Don't worry, when Mankind has wiped each other out wild animals will be free to wipe each other out. :)

Not having a go. It is sad really that as a dominant species with the ability to reason and think we have to feel the need to treat animals and each other so badly.

If there is life on other planets, maybe manlike creatures did not emerge from the sea and creatures are free to roam until we decide it ay be fun to have them for dinner.

18 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Don't worry, when Mankind has wiped each other out wild animals will be free to wipe each other out. :)

Not having a go. It is sad really that as a dominant species with the ability to reason and think we have to feel the need to treat animals and each other so badly.

If there is life on other planets, maybe manlike creatures did not emerge from the sea and creatures are free to roam until we decide it ay be fun to have them for dinner.

Thing to take from this is animals don't kill other animals so they can take a picture and put it on there animalbook or think by killing that tiger they will somehow become immune from disease, they do it because they are hungry... and obviously life maintains itself 'food chain' when you have weirdos hunting down Lions with manmade guns so they can boast about how they have killed an animal with a gun anyone could do that... try taking it out with your bare fists I bet they wouldn't last a second or even attempt it.

basically the world is ****ed.

30 minutes ago, Buce said:

So, what was so wrong with what Finnegan had to say, that it needed deleting?

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Shit, missed the drama. Give us a PM Buce if you'd be so inclined? I'm curious.

lol pair of drama queens.

My comment from this thread is still there, on the previous page.

I assume Buce is getting confused with another thread Thracian made not long ago that was about Jeremy Corbyn.

I don't think my post got deleted so much as the whole thing got moved/removed as there's a Brexit thread already.

Everyone calm down. lol

33 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I assume Buce is getting confused with another thread Thracian made not long ago that was about Jeremy Corbyn.

I don't think my post got deleted so much as the whole thing got moved/removed as there's a Brexit thread already.

Everyone calm down. lol

:D

I was hoping you'd stuck it to someone in classic fashion and the mods had been a little hasty in pulling it so we could have something to gossip about.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Everyone calm down. lol

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

:D

I was hoping you'd stuck it to someone in classic fashion and the mods had been a little hasty in pulling it so we could have something to gossip about.

Moved to the Brexit thread...

I knew that. :blush:

3 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Thing to take from this is animals don't kill other animals so they can take a picture and put it on there animalbook or think by killing that tiger they will somehow become immune from disease, they do it because they are hungry... and obviously life maintains itself 'food chain' when you have weirdos hunting down Lions with manmade guns so they can boast about how they have killed an animal with a gun anyone could do that... try taking it out with your bare fists I bet they wouldn't last a second or even attempt it.

basically the world is ****ed.

When a fox gets in the hen house he kills everything in there whether he eats it or not. Cats and dogs kill rats and mice without eating them. The idea that it's only humans that kill for sport is rubbish.

I have been fortunate, to realise one one or 2 major dreams, in my planned travels in the past.

One was to see various areas where Tigers roam in their Natural habitat, to travel to remote areas

and follow pug marks and also tracks of their pray and foe, and fellow habitants of the Tigers domains.

Another was to the same on Wild Elephants, and the decreasing habitat of Indian Lions.

I travelled with my own family, and expeditions truck, using occasionally the knowledgable Rangers.

Sometimes joining Safaris, also trekking to many a himalayan base camps.

At the time we did it it was hell of a lot easier, enabling us to gain and pick up a natural  education,

on wild animals lives and movements in/on  Plains/Savannas/deserts/jungles.

Seeing also locals and Rangers and military pioneers making concientious efforts to protect their natural surrounding and

honest work to fight a losing battle in controlling poachers.We also joined them to search for various signs for their research,

plus doing, search and rescue for lost ,off the target wanderers, and naive tourists..

Some good readings..Various sites and books on Project Tiger, and great reads of Jim Corbett, an English settler, who hunted

down the Indian big cats, in his own c words  for stupid lust of the hunt, but also to protect mountain/jungle villages from

maneaters, and then turned his life around ..in photography shoots and Big cat especially Tiger preservation.

He wrote quite a few books on his expierences on his life in India, and great tales of tracking, maneaters, and his love

for the true and real owners of the jungle habitat.  Another World, another time. Project Tiger was born out on his presevation

beliefs, in fact a couple of reserves are named after him.

I have been honoured to see, on foot, from my expeditions truck, and the back of an Elephant, these majestic animals.

plus watching 2 magnificent deer the  Sambar, fight , protect and chase off 2 Tigers, from their  herd.

A big thanks to the now deceased fateh singh Rhator, who while alone with 1 ranger, took us under his wing for one late

afternoon and dusk. We didnt realise until 3 days later who it was, until another ranger informed us...he didnt charge us one penny.

We paid then 10-15 quid a day. A tourist lodge we used for 2 nights with food 50quid Today It would cost you anything from

100-500 quid a night.at least...

Before gapyears became fashionable, we came across British and Aussi girls, who worked for Board n lodgings at a couple of

off the track sancturies/reserves, managed by britexpats under the  indian govt.umbrella.

My favourite years of my life...with my then young family..

Archived