Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Vape kit advice

I can't remember where the vaping posts were, and as far as I can see there isn't a specific thread so I made this one, as I have a question.

I'm trying to quit smoking by using a vape pen, a Vype to be specific, and it's a poor substitute, I'm still sneaking the odd fag here and there, which defeats the vaping a little. having a look online there is a dizzying array of vape doodats and I'm completely lost.

So who here vapes and knows their stuff? i'm looking to spend no more than £50, with adjustable wattage on it and easy to find oils to fill it with. So I would be interested to know what kits you are using. Thanks

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I can't remember where the vaping posts were, and as far as I can see there isn't a specific thread so I made this one, as I have a question.

I'm trying to quit smoking by using a vape pen, a Vype to be specific, and it's a poor substitute, I'm still sneaking the odd fag here and there, which defeats the vaping a little. having a look online there is a dizzying array of vape doodats and I'm completely lost.

So who here vapes and knows their stuff? i'm looking to spend no more than £50, with adjustable wattage on it and easy to find oils to fill it with. So I would be interested to know what kits you are using. Thanks

Go to a vape shop. A proper one who has time for you. Sod the pen off. Ask for a mod device batteries and charger and spare coils - which need replacing every 10 days or so. Get a device that goes up to about 80 watts and choose one you are comfortable with in terms of looks and carrying around. Buy one with a good display on it so you can see battery life all the time.

This will enable you to smoke high content VG (vegetable liquid) it's a bit thicker. You can adjust the device depending on how much smoke you want to produce and also vary the nicotine level in the juice you buy... I smoked only when I drank and started on 3mg - you may want to start on 6mg. I gave up finally in November and not had a fag since. 

In in all honesty you should spend perhaps a little more - say £70. Haggle and get a deal but make sure you get spare batteries and a charger otherwise when you run out of battery you'll smoke  instead!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Go to a vape shop. A proper one who has time for you. Sod the pen off. Ask for a mod device batteries and charger and spare coils - which need replacing every 10 days or so. Get a device that goes up to about 80 watts and choose one you are comfortable with in terms of looks and carrying around. Buy one with a good display on it so you can see battery life all the time.

This will enable you to smoke high content VG (vegetable liquid) it's a bit thicker. You can adjust the device depending on how much smoke you want to produce and also vary the nicotine level in the juice you buy... I smoked only when I drank and started on 3mg - you may want to start on 6mg. I gave up finally in November and not had a fag since. 

In in all honesty you should spend perhaps a little more - say £70. Haggle and get a deal but make sure you get spare batteries and a charger otherwise when you run out of battery you'll smoke  instead!

11 minutes ago, Buce said:

https://www.vapeshopbrighton.co.uk/

Just along the coast from you, and has a 4.9 rating on google. 

That's very helpful, thanks to you both.

41 minutes ago, Beliall said:

https://www.innokin.com/vaporizers/cool-fire-iv-tc-100/

I don't vape ATM, I've given up both but I still have mine and will no doubt use it again. I always take it with me if I go drinking, just in case I feel an uncontrollable urge. I use the tc100 coolfire and it's more than enough. Apparently they have a more compact version now 

http://www.gosmokefree.co.uk/innokin-cool-fire-mini-slipstream-starter-kit-40w-free-delivery/ but I don't think it packs the same power.

You need to marry it up with the right tank, I use the crown tank having tried a few it's miles better than any others I've tried. https://www.ukecigstore.com/uwell-crown-tank.html

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Beliall said:

That's very helpful, thanks to you both.

No worries, I'm no expert at this - but I'm no mechanic either but I have had so many old cars I kinda know what the faults are when they appear... vape devices are the same - been through loads in the last 6-7 years and it's a bit of a minefield as it's a tech language that people use that kinda makes you feel stupid - bit like going to a history of art appreciation tour and not knowing what the bejesus people are in about. Vaping shouldn't be like that and don't give a shop your money that doesn't have time to walk you through everything nice and slow without jargon so you get it - there are many different sorts of device but I recommend you go for a modular one to start with.

Let us know how you get on.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I tried it, doesn't help you stop smoking imo, just sit there for 20 mins trying to see how much smoke you can suck in, then have a fag afterwards. Caramel smells nice though.

Not enough nicotine in the juice then for you.

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

And me - did both half heartedly for a while using cheap devices then spent a bit of dough - about £80 and never looked back!

Yeah pretty much the same really, my main issue initially was the cheaper ones didn't quite match the real thing. Once I invested in it, I never looked back. I reduced the nicotine quite quickly to zero and after that found I was naturally using it less and less.

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah pretty much the same really, my main issue initially was the cheaper ones didn't quite match the real thing. Once I invested in it, I never looked back. I reduced the nicotine quite quickly to zero and after that found I was naturally using it less and less.

Yeah I'm still at 3mg - only pick it up when I go it for a beer a couple of times a week - I like the idea of 0mg but I still notice I like the hit about 3 pints in not just a casual smoke! Don't want to fill the tank up and get to the pub and after 4 pints on a Friday night, judgement impaired say sod it I'll have a roll-up as the 0mg isn't holding me or giving me the desired 'hit' - I'd be interested to know how this transition was for you?

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah I'm still at 3mg - only pick it up when I go it for a beer a couple of times a week - I like the idea of 0mg but I still notice I like the hit about 3 pints in not just a casual smoke! Don't want to fill the tank up and get to the pub and after 4 pints on a Friday night, judgement impaired say sod it I'll have a roll-up as the 0mg isn't holding me or giving me the desired 'hit' - I'd be interested to know how this transition was for you?

Well I won't lie, the first day I did it I used about a tank and a half as it didn't satisfy my addiction but as I was hitting it did. If that makes sense? Two or three days in and I was back to normal use with no real noticeable difference. Then like I say it just seemed to naturally tail off after that.

You could always mix a bit of zero with 3mg and dilute it down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Well I won't lie, the first day I did it I used about a tank and a half as it didn't satisfy my addiction but as I was hitting it did. If that makes sense? Two or three days in and I was back to normal use with no real noticeable difference. Then like I say it just seemed to naturally tail off after that.

You could always mix a bit of zero with 3mg and dilute it down.

Thanks that's helpful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

Im at work now ill reply in more detail this evening but, I presume your Vype is a mouth to lung device? I.e you still smoke it like a cigarette(suck it then take it back). The mods that people are talking about and that I think you want are generally made for direct to lung vaping(suck on it like you would a bong and take it straight down in the same breath). 

There are are so many on the market at the minute it can be mind boggling, the chinese do some incredible clone tanks. I use a joyetech cuboid 150w with a griffin 25 tank, the mod is great, and so is the tank but it's an RTA for which means you make your own coils for it. Buying pre made coils can be expensive imo. 

As for juice, 

http://www.onepoundeliquid.com/

you won't get cheaper than those unless you start making your own. 

Any questions or advice just pm me. Although the advice already up is good advice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

This entire thread is like it is written in a foreign language to me!

Try being in a group chat with your mates and its all they talk about.

A stop smoking aid...the ironic thing is none of them used to smoke....work that out!

Edited by Matt