Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Vape kit advice

37 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Don't vape don't smoke. Look after your health x

Except of course nicotine is massively addictive when inhaled, and e-cigarettes are a good quitting mechanism (and 95% safer than cigarettes). Making the switch from cigarettes to ecigs is looking after your health.

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Except of course nicotine is massively addictive when inhaled, and e-cigarettes are a good quitting mechanism (and 95% safer than cigarettes). Making the switch from cigarettes to ecigs is looking after your health.

Not doing either is probably best though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I'm sure I've read ecigs are far worse for your health than actual smoking and can cause popcorn lung?

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I'm sure I've read ecigs are far worse for your health than actual smoking and can cause popcorn lung?

Some brands of ejuice contained a chemical called diacetyl, which COULD have adverse affects to your health in the long term. I think 99% of producers have stopped using it. 

Even so, smoking is infinitely more harmful than vaping liquid with diacetyl in it. 

If you vape 0mg nicotine liquid, all it actually is is Vegetable glycerin, Propylene glycol and flavouring. 

4 minutes ago, stix said:

Some brands of ejuice contained a chemical called diacetyl, which COULD have adverse affects to your health in the long term. I think 99% of producers have stopped using it. 

Even so, smoking is infinitely more harmful than vaping liquid with diacetyl in it. 

If you vape 0mg nicotine liquid, all it actually is is Vegetable glycerin, Propylene glycol and flavouring. 

Sorry if this is a daft question, but what is the point in that?

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Well because some people may have started out vaping as a tool to give up smoking, but then actually either got hooked on vaping or decided that it was something they actually enjoyed doing. Some people just enjoy the taste of some of the flavours, and if people managed to get to 0 nic but feel that stopping all together could get them back on the fags then it's a no brainier to keep going especially if you enjoy the exercise of vaping. 

I'd bet that the most popular strength of e juice that is sold worldwide is 0mg nic. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Buce said:

Either to avoid addiction if you are one these I vape to look cool people. Or if you have gradually reduced nicotine levels, it still seems to trick your body/mind into thinking it's had a fix, all be it briefly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Some liquids contain diketones (diacetyl, acetylpropionyl in the main; acetylbutyryl to a lesser extent) which are linked with bronchitis obliterans (aka popcorn lung), but the levels are generally lower than in a regular cigarette and it's generally within tox limits in my experience.  

So been reading the thread and looking online, lots of helpful advice, thanks. 

Picked out a couple of options in my price range

Wismec Reuleaux RX Mini Kit

Reuleaux-RXmini_02.jpg?v=1484144851

https://www.vapeshopbrighton.co.uk/collections/mid-range-kits/products/wismec-reuleaux-rxmini-kit

and

SMOK AL85 Mini Alien Kit

2017-01-04-09_40_253966.jpg?v=1487167244

https://www.vapeshopbrighton.co.uk/products/smok-al85-mini-alien-kit?variant=35429092686

Both very similar in style and price, will have to order some spare coils im guessing as well as the liquids. Some of those are £30!!

Have a look at the eleaf pico,been using one of these for 2 years,Doesn't really matter which battery you get(well it does, as you dont want one that only goes up to 10W!) as that is what it is....a battery,more the tank.I use a Pico and nautilus mini.Thing is With the nautilus it's a common tank and ready made coils are easy to come across on ebay.(ps and you see the bit next to the tank?you have to screw that off to put a battery in(which will cost you about a tenner)I ordered a pico and didn't realise this!That's on the Smok,i think the other one has a built in battery.Also remember that you really need 2 batteries if you want to quit the ciggies,because one will definately die when you are out and like me end up buying ten fags when i was out at the ally pally darts a year ago!And at that time i'd done 18 month's without a fag.What ever you decide it's better than smoking!(and you can go down to the bog's any time at the KP and have a drag;)

Edited by PAULCFC

35 minutes ago, Beliall said:

So been reading the thread and looking online, lots of helpful advice, thanks. 

Picked out a couple of options in my price range

Wismec Reuleaux RX Mini Kit

Reuleaux-RXmini_02.jpg?v=1484144851

https://www.vapeshopbrighton.co.uk/collections/mid-range-kits/products/wismec-reuleaux-rxmini-kit

and

SMOK AL85 Mini Alien Kit

2017-01-04-09_40_253966.jpg?v=1487167244

https://www.vapeshopbrighton.co.uk/products/smok-al85-mini-alien-kit?variant=35429092686

Both very similar in style and price, will have to order some spare coils im guessing as well as the liquids. Some of those are £30!!

You would need a couple of batteries and a charger for the smok, I find 18650 batteries don't charge as well through the USB on the mod. As far as I can see the other one doesn't have removable batteries, just USB charge via the mod. The Smok tanks are pretty good so I'm told, if I were to choose one of those two it would be the smok. 

If if you choose a mod that requires batteries and a charger, don't buy through a shop on the high street, buy online it's so much cheaper. Generally the shops will rip you off. You may be able to get those cheaper from a respected seller on eBay. 

Edited by stix
  • Like 1

Just as a side note, vaping mouth to lung & vaping direct to lung is very different. Where as you may be using 12mg for example with your vype pen, if you vape that direct to lung it will absolutely cripple your throat mate. I would get max 6mg for direct to lung vaping. 

I was leaning towards the smok as well

Just now, stix said:

Just as a side note, vaping mouth to lung & vaping direct to lung is very different. Where as you may be using 12mg for example with your vype pen, if you vape that direct to lung it will absolutely cripple your throat mate. I would get max 6mg for direct to lung vaping. 

I was looking at the liquids, what is high VG?

1 minute ago, Beliall said:

I was leaning towards the smok as well

I was looking at the liquids, what is high VG?

High Vg basically means bigger clouds mate. 

High VG = More Clouds

High PG = More Flavour

My personal opinion is go for something like 70/30 VG. Or you could get one 50/50 and one 70/30 of the same juice and see which you prefer. 

Higher the VG the thicker the juice. 

Another thing to to bear in mind as well mate is that you will go through tons more juice than you would with your vype. So think about that when you order your juice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Only fvcking weirdos vape

I use a dry herb vaper to smoke without damaging my lungs. It also gives a better hit for less herb.

What's weird about that?

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

I use a dry herb vaper to smoke without damaging my lungs. It also gives a better hit for less herb.

What's weird about that?

Im really interested to know just how good they are. I've not been into that for almost 20 years but I wouldn't mind just having a go to see if it's harsh on the throat. 

13 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Only fvcking weirdos vape

I'd rather be a weirdo than die of cancer thanks :thumbup:

I smoked for 25 years and could never permanently quit. I've tried gum, patches, spray, all sorts but nothing worked.

Started vaping 4 years ago and haven't touched a fag since. I don't cough or wheeze, clothes don't smell, and I've saved a fortune.

I vape because I'm addicted to nicotine (which on it's own is no more harmless than caffeine apparently). 

So yeah, I'm a fvcking weirdo...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stix said:

Im really interested to know just how good they are. I've not been into that for almost 20 years but I wouldn't mind just having a go to see if it's harsh on the throat. 

To be fair, good quality weed shouldn't be harsh on the throat at all - however it's smoked - but vaping is as smooth as it comes.

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

To be fair, good quality weed shouldn't be harsh on the throat at all - however it's smoked - but vaping is as smooth as it comes.

Is it similar to smoking on a pipe/bong?

1 minute ago, stix said:

Is it similar to smoking on a pipe/bong?

Not at all.

The vaper heats to a temperature that releases the thc without incinerating the herb, so no smoke, no coughing.

• Like 1