Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Vape kit advice

11 hours ago, Beliall said:

I can't remember where the vaping posts were, and as far as I can see there isn't a specific thread so I made this one, as I have a question.

I'm trying to quit smoking by using a vape pen, a Vype to be specific, and it's a poor substitute, I'm still sneaking the odd fag here and there, which defeats the vaping a little. having a look online there is a dizzying array of vape doodats and I'm completely lost.

So who here vapes and knows their stuff? i'm looking to spend no more than £50, with adjustable wattage on it and easy to find oils to fill it with. So I would be interested to know what kits you are using. Thanks

Mate, you've had some top advice so far but fwiw, this is what I now use...

Image result for nautilus aspire tank

Nautlius Aspire tank. Around £25 and it's the ducks nuts.

What I love about it, is that it holds 5ml of juice which lasts me all day without having to top up the liquid regularly. The atomizers (middle bit) cost about £11 for 5 and last about 2 weeks each.

I use this battery - eleaf istick tc40w. Does the job, fully adjustable, and lasts at least a day on one charge. Cost about £30

Image result for eleaf istick tc40w

So you're all set up for around £50. I mix my own juice now but used to use Decadent Vapour to order it. Expensive liquid, but top quality :thumbup:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

What I love about it, is that it holds 5ml of juice which lasts me all day without having to top up the liquid regularly. The atomizers (middle bit) cost about £11 for 5 and last about 2 weeks each.

I use this battery - eleaf istick tc40w. Does the job, fully adjustable, and lasts at least a day on one charge. Cost about £30

So you're all set up for around £50. I mix my own juice now but used to use Decadent Vapour to order it. Expensive liquid, but top quality :thumbup:

nice looking set mate, thanks for that. II do like the sound of not refilling more than once a day

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

nice looking set mate, thanks for that. II do like the sound of not refilling more than once a day

I chuff away all day mate (work from home/habit) so go through LOTS of juice (hence why I now mix my own)

I used to have a 2ml tank but was always re-filling it. I'd highly recommend a 5ml tank - but that's just me :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Beliall said:

How much juice you use massively depends on how high you vape. You can vape 5ml of juice all day at 30-40w. Take it up to 70-80w and you will use 10ml a day if you're completely replacing fags with vaping, it's a better experience though imo. 

(If you are going to vape at less than 40w I would get PG based juice. It will enhance the flavour at lower wattage)

Filling up up doesn't become a burden though. Takes about 30seconds. And it's much better than sparking up a fag. 

Make sure whichever kit you buy, the tank is top refill. Much easier to fill than bottom refill. 

16 hours ago, Beliall said:

So been reading the thread and looking online, lots of helpful advice, thanks. 

Picked out a couple of options in my price range

Wismec Reuleaux RX Mini Kit

Reuleaux-RXmini_02.jpg?v=1484144851

https://www.vapeshopbrighton.co.uk/collections/mid-range-kits/products/wismec-reuleaux-rxmini-kit

and

SMOK AL85 Mini Alien Kit

2017-01-04-09_40_253966.jpg?v=1487167244

https://www.vapeshopbrighton.co.uk/products/smok-al85-mini-alien-kit?variant=35429092686

Both very similar in style and price, will have to order some spare coils im guessing as well as the liquids. Some of those are £30!!

I'd get the SMOK all day long here and buy a charger and TWO spare batteries. So if you go away for a weekend you've got one on charge and two with you. 

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

I've been looking at that as well,II like it but I doubt I can afford the tweed jacket and flat cap to go with it though

1 hour ago, stix said:

lol have you really got one of those! 

I yes am rocking the tweed also.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I have that from an old sale from Totally Wicked. (arc VT40) Still don't understand the watt ohm volt temperature settings. I will take the tank advice though I prefer the longer mouth piece. What ohm atomiser make do I need?

1 hour ago, Great Boos Up said:

I have that from an old sale from Totally Wicked. (arc VT40) Still don't understand the watt ohm volt temperature settings. I will take the tank advice though I prefer the longer mouth piece. What ohm atomiser make do I need?

The battery goes up to 40w I think mate but I only vape at around 14w/5volts. The atomiser is 1.8 ohms and they are also made by aspire (Nautilus accessories). I buy them in packs of 5 for £11 from my local vape shop :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

If your tank tip is a 510 connector which the majority are then there are thousands of different style tips on eBay for a couple of quid. 

Search '510 drip tip'

Edited by stix

So, the search continues and I'm thinking of buying the tank and mod separately.

Looking at these, had a chat with a friend of mine, he and his mate raved about this tank which encouraged me to take this route rather than a bundle kit

UWELL CROWN TANK

https://www.ukecigstore.com/uwell-crown-tank.html

£24 with 5 spare heads added to the basket, they last ages apparently  

crown_tank_rose_black_i.jpg

And this mod

ARTERY MIX 150 TC BOX MOD

https://greyhaze.co.uk/products/artery-mix-150-tc-vw-box-mod#

black_150.png?v=1490780807

But i cant tell if the 2 will fit together. the mod has a 510 threading connection, whatever that is and I cant see what the tank has. Thoughts? 

43 minutes ago, Beliall said:

So, the search continues and I'm thinking of buying the tank and mod separately.

Looking at these, had a chat with a friend of mine, he and his mate raved about this tank which encouraged me to take this route rather than a bundle kit

UWELL CROWN TANK

https://www.ukecigstore.com/uwell-crown-tank.html

£24 with 5 spare heads added to the basket, they last ages apparently  

crown_tank_rose_black_i.jpg

And this mod

ARTERY MIX 150 TC BOX MOD

https://greyhaze.co.uk/products/artery-mix-150-tc-vw-box-mod#

black_150.png?v=1490780807

But i cant tell if the 2 will fit together. the mod has a 510 threading connection, whatever that is and I cant see what the tank has. Thoughts? 

Yeah that's the tank I have/had. I don't really use it now. The coils last ages and it a decent bit of kit. It works best with a temperature controlled mod, so that would work well. :thumbup:

You can can go into a vape store and get an adapter if the tank doesn't fit.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah that's the tank I have/had. I don't really use it now. The coils last ages and it a decent bit of kit. It works best with a temperature controlled mod, so that would work well. :thumbup:

You can can go into a vape store and get an adapter if the tank doesn't fit.

Cheers mate :thumbup: