Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Vape kit advice

32 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It's spec seems good, I'd be fairly confident in saying it will go beyond your needs.

Thats what I'm hoping for. Better to have too much power and not need it than too little and need more

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

Excellent. Is the mod decent though? 

Looks pretty good to me. I would get the 0.25 ohm coil packs with it. Means you can turn your mod up higher. You'll have a much better experience with it. 

7 minutes ago, stix said:

Looks pretty good to me. I would get the 0.25 ohm coil packs with it. Means you can turn your mod up higher. You'll have a much better experience with it. 

Thanks, I was thinking of getting the 0.5 as a reviewer said they last longer

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

Thanks, I was thinking of getting the 0.5 as a reviewer said they last longer

Yeah they probably would last longer as you'd have to fire them at a lower wattage but I'd imagine the difference is minimal. You will get much more satisfaction vaping at higher wattage mate. 

Remember what I said about the juice strength as well. If you go too high you just won't be able to vape it. 

a review of the mod you want. 

Edited by stix
  • Like 1

So I'm more confused, apologies for being a bit slow but 40W / 80W, 1.8 ohm/ 0.25ohm atomiser coil, VG / PG, mouth to lung/ direct to lung, variable Watts/ Temperature?

I smoke Marlborough lights and like the liquorice vape as it's not tobacco but not sweet. I smoke 20 a day so a lot of use seems too dry.

I like a little flavour and a bit of a cloud on inhale and exhale.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

So I'm more confused, apologies for being a bit slow but 40W / 80W, 1.8 ohm/ 0.25ohm atomiser coil, VG / PG, mouth to lung/ direct to lung, variable Watts/ Temperature?

I smoke Marlborough lights and like the liquorice vape as it's not tobacco but not sweet. I smoke 20 a day so a lot of use seems too dry.

lol so what is it you want to know?

5 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Go into a vape shop and ask if you can try a variety of methods, to find what you like best. You're in sileby aren't you? There is one in Syston and one Loughborough. Go in when it's quiet and they will be all over you mate.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Higher the resistance of the coil = lower wattage. 

Mouth to lung = vaping the same way as you smoke a cigarette, I.e suck and then take the smoke back into your lungs.

Direct to lung = vaping in one breath. I.e breathing in and straight out without holding the smoke in your mouth before taking it back into your lungs. Best described as smoking on a bong. 

High VG juice = Bigger clouds of vapour. 

High PG juice = Increased flavour. 

Temperature control = This is an alternative method to Power mode. Instead of setting your mod to a particular wattage, I.e say 70w for example, you set your mod d to heat your coil to a particular temperature. Temp control is for more advanced vapers  (god that sounds ridiculous). Power mode(Waltts) is plenty good enough for the average vaper. 

Edited by stix
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stix said:

Yeah they probably would last longer as you'd have to fire them at a lower wattage but I'd imagine the difference is minimal. You will get much more satisfaction vaping at higher wattage mate. 

Remember what I said about the juice strength as well. If you go too high you just won't be able to vape it. 

a review of the mod you want. 

Thanks for that, looks great but cant plug in and charge the unit :( Thanks for saving me a pain in the arse

7 hours ago, Beliall said:

Thanks for that, looks great but cant plug in and charge the unit :( Thanks for saving me a pain in the arse

Is that what the guy said? What's the point of the USB connection then?!

Edited by stix

2 hours ago, stix said:

Is that what the guy said? What's the point of the USB connection then?!

II'm finding more and more that not only do most mods not include batteries, but a lot of the ones i looked at cant be charged like that. the USB is for software updates only. Anyway, I found an even better one I'll be ordering tomorrow, just ordered my tank today

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Beliall said:

II'm finding more and more that not only do most mods not include batteries, but a lot of the ones i looked at cant be charged like that. the USB is for software updates only. Anyway, I found an even better one I'll be ordering tomorrow, just ordered my tank today

To be fair it is better to charge your batteries in a dedicated charger. They seem to hold charge a lot better. 

35 minutes ago, stix said:

To be fair it is better to charge your batteries in a dedicated charger. They seem to hold charge a lot better. 

II'm not gonna fork out for another separate charger just yet, I'll pick one up with some spare batteries in a few weeks

Edited by Beliall

So my tank just got delivered with 10ml of juice, Ordered the mod today as well, that also comes with batteries and a free 10ml of juice, so I should have enough to get me started. Tanks a bit bigger than I was expecting!

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Has anyone any research re. The possible health risks of these things? It always seems to me like you're inhaling chemical vapour? What's the research on the long term effects on vapes?

I really don't know, but it cant be any worse than cigarettes

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Has anyone any research re. The possible health risks of these things? It always seems to me like you're inhaling chemical vapour? What's the research on the long term effects on vapes?

I keep hearing conflicting stories Col and I'm not really sure what the 'truth' is tbh. All I know is that I've vaped for 4 years and haven't touched a cigarette in that time. I mix my own juice and there's only 3 ingredients.

1. Flavour - menthol for me. No artificial colours or preservatives. Can't see any danger here..

2. Glycerin (Glycerol) - cough medicine base. Nothing else in it from what I can see..

3. Liquid nicotine - only 5% per 100ml. Highly addictive yes, but the other 95% is water and glycerin

So if there's any long term effects from vaping this then I'd like to know what they are too. My guess is that it can't contain the same damaging tar and toxins as tobacco so I'll carry on until someone tells me otherwise.

It's cheap, doesn't smell and I don't cough and wheeze anymore. It's the only thing that's helped me quit smoking so I can't see myself stopping anytime soon. I'm down to a relatively low nicotine level now but still get my 'hit' in the process.

I'm sure someone will come on this thread and provide some proper answers though :thumbup: 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I keep hearing conflicting stories Col and I'm not really sure what the 'truth' is tbh. All I know is that I've vaped for 4 years and haven't touched a cigarette in that time. I mix my own juice and there's only 3 ingredients.

1. Flavour - menthol for me. No artificial colours or preservatives. Can't see any danger here..

2. Glycerin (Glycerol) - cough medicine base. Nothing else in it from what I can see..

3. Liquid nicotine - only 5% per 100ml. Highly addictive yes, but the other 95% is water and glycerin

So if there's any long term effects from vaping this then I'd like to know what they are too. My guess is that it can't contain the same damaging tar and toxins as tobacco so I'll carry on until someone tells me otherwise.

It's cheap, doesn't smell and I don't cough and wheeze anymore. It's the only thing that's helped me quit smoking so I can't see myself stopping anytime soon. I'm down to a relatively low nicotine level now but still get my 'hit' in the process.

I'm sure someone will come on this thread and provide some proper answers though :thumbup: 

I think when you're mixing your own, not only is it much cheaper but you pretty much know what's going in it.

I was talking more mate about the ones you can buy in shops, pre mixed etc. I know that you can buy bottles of the thinner juice in shops like poundstretcher for about a quid! There can't be much of anything any good in that surely?

I don't get the 'it has to be better than fags surely...' argument either. Well, yes.... but are there still bad effects of vaping, especially when you just don't know what's in the juice?

Dont get me wrong, anything that helps people come off fags has to be a good thing I guess. I just wonder whether some research is gonna find that vaping has got real health risks. Then again, it seems like everything is a risk these days to be honest.

Edited by Col city fan

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think when you're mixing your own, not only is it much cheaper but you pretty much know what's going in it.

I was talking more mate about the ones you can buy in shops, pre mixed etc. I know that you can buy bottles of the thinner juice in shops like poundstretcher for about a quid! There can't be much of anything any good in that surely?

I don't get the 'it has to be better than fags surely...' argument either. Well, yes.... but are there still bad effects of vaping, especially when you just don't know what's in the juice?

Dont get me wrong, anything that helps people come off fags has to be a good thing I guess. I just wonder whether some research is gonna find that vaping has got real health risks. Then again, it seems like everything is a risk these days to be honest.

I never realised you could buy juice so cheap these days, but I imagine it tastes of shite and is probably full of all sorts of crap.

I used to buy what I thought was 'top end' juice at about £18 for 30ml but it was getting quite expensive so that's why I mix my own now.

The ingredients I use are still not cheap and I'm very wary of what's in them, but it's still much cheaper than smoking I guess...

So whatever the 'bad effects' of vaping are, I haven't experienced them yet. Maybe long term I'm still killing myself but I'm probably more likely to get blown up by a terrorist these days...

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If you're buying juice off Skeggy market then yeah, you don't know what they've made it with. But a lot of the big producers are ISO9001 accredited. We're talking lab standards some of them. 

Nobody will no no for sure how safe vaping is for another 10-20 years but I thinks it's pretty safe to say that it's safer than smoking 20 Marlboro a day. There are over 40 known carcinogens in your average cigarette. The most harmful thing in e liquid is probably the nicotine, and that's because of its dependency rate. The chemical flavourings that are used in e liquid are REALLY small amounts. Compared to even the chemical flavourings in cigarettes. 

So, nobody really knows how safe it is yet, but my lungs feel infinitely clearer for swapping to vaping. 

• Like 1