Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Vape kit advice

8 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

I heard you can only get 10mg in the UK now?

Still can technically get 24 or 36 mg/ml until May, but the TPD places an upper limit on nicotine concentration of 20mg/ml for liquids on the market, we're in the 6 month grace period where non-compliant liquids manufactured before November 20th can be sold. The maximum refill bottle size will be 10ml beyond mid-may when non-complaint stock must be taken off market.

22 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

I vape. I started with a simple pen style one, enjoyed it and progressed to one that i can adjust the volts etc.

I'd suggest doing that, just to see if it will work for you and then spending a bit more money on an adjustable one.

I use 12mg oils and it gives you a good whack. I heard you can only get 10mg in the UK now? That would do the job. 

Make sure you change your coils regularly. It really does help.

Cheers mate, I had a vape pen, it was shite so I went full on with the mod set up. started on 18mg nicotine, that was blowing my head off, i haven't been a heavy smoker since the last time i quit (without vaping that time, just patches etc). using o.6% nicotine now, its fine for me, I'm really enjoying it. And yeah, refilled the tank with the same flavour, lost some taste. I feel like the vape is "spitting" im getting warm particles dotting my tongue when i inhale, whats causing that. , got about a quarter of a tank left currenty

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Cheers mate, I had a vape pen, it was shite so I went full on with the mod set up. started on 18mg nicotine, that was blowing my head off, i haven't been a heavy smoker since the last time i quit (without vaping that time, just patches etc). using o.6% nicotine now, its fine for me, I'm really enjoying it. And yeah, refilled the tank with the same flavour, lost some taste. I feel like the vape is "spitting" im getting warm particles dotting my tongue when i inhale, whats causing that. , got about a quarter of a tank left currenty

What watts are you running at now? You should keep your tank topped up really. No less than half a tank in it at any time. 

If youre vaping at too low a wattage then you will flood your coils and that's why it'll start spitting, because there is too much juice inside the coil for it to burn off. 

if you've still got your 0.25 ohm coil in you want to be at least at 50w mate. 

49 minutes ago, stix said:

What watts are you running at now? You should keep your tank topped up really. No less than half a tank in it at any time. 

If youre vaping at too low a wattage then you will flood your coils and that's why it'll start spitting, because there is too much juice inside the coil for it to burn off. 

if you've still got your 0.25 ohm coil in you want to be at least at 50w mate. 

I'm using a 0.5 ohm coil at 30w right now. so i should just bin half a tank of juice when i want to change the flavour?

4 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Alright, sorry for sounding stupid, but if i cant use the vape below half way, how do i run it out?

You can use it until it's empty if you want but you might burn your coil out. You'll probably be fine. 

DO NOT put coffee eliquid in your vape. **** me. Not only is it rancid, its stench permeated my entire tank to the point i had to change the coil and wash is 4 or 5 times to get the smell off, and it kept me awake all night.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sk3since03 said:

Just bought an istick power 80w mod with an aspire tank! 

So much better than my Kangertech! The extra money really is worth it over buying cheapish bits of kit 

Did you get the mini nautilus tank?Been using that and different batterys for a few years now...can't fault it as coils are easily available.Just watch you don't drop the tank!

2 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Did you get the mini nautilus tank?Been using that and different batterys for a few years now...can't fault it as coils are easily available.Just watch you don't drop the tank!

https://www.ecigwizard.com/eleaf-istick-power-80w-mod.html

link to the mod! Ecig wizard shop in Wigston! Stock tons of liquids and equipment, great shop ! 

https://www.ecigwizard.com/aspire-cleito.html

The Tank

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Think I will get one of these 

I can't fault this so far!

I recommend 

19 hours ago, Beliall said:

These tanks good? My crown tank is stuck together at the top , cant open that section so cant top fill anymore. looking to replace it

Rubber gloves and a Leatherman - ronseal equipment for gripping stuck tanks!

17 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Rubber gloves and a Leatherman - ronseal equipment for gripping stuck tanks!

I tried the rubber gloves, also tried cooling it in the freezer. this thing is stuck tight. i guess i didnt clean that part enough and it got all gummed up. just ordered a smok TFV8 tank. i tell ya if i hadnt quit smoking i would never be able to afford vaping lol 

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

I tried the rubber gloves, also tried cooling it in the freezer. this thing is stuck tight. i guess i didnt clean that part enough and it got all gummed up. just ordered a smok TFV8 tank. i tell ya if i hadnt quit smoking i would never be able to afford vaping lol 

I bought a Smok AL85 last week at Wellesbourne market for £50 - with battery & 20ml of liquid.  It has the TFV8 tank.  It's taken me about a week of pissing about with the set-up to get it about right.  The first time I tried to open the tank - it was stuck solid.  A pair of pliers sorted that.  I like how easy it is to refill.

The e-liquid I got with it was cheap shit, so ordered some decent stuff & some new coils (0.4 ohms).  Ordered 60ml of that Dinner Lady Lemon Tart & 60ml Chalie's Chalk Dust CCD3.  I haven't tried the CCD3 yet but it smells like maple syrup.  The lemon tart smells amazing but it's sickly as fvck & it stinks the house out.  To be fair, it does taste exactly like lemon meringue, but tasting it all day is a bit much.  Might have to avoid the pudding flavours in future.

Not a question for you specifically, but the 0.4 ohm coils is "best run at 55-65W".  If I use it at that wattage the flavour seems stronger, but I can't handle the heat.  Am I doing something wrong?  I primed the coil, etc, but I'm running it at 40W & even that's a bit on the warm side.

Also, I don't know if this normal & something you just have to get used to.  If it's been standing for a little while, the first few hits are wispy & make me choke.  I'll usually warm it up a bit by blowing down the mouthpiece a few times first & it's better.  Am I doing something wrong?

I never realised vaping could be so complicated & I've shelled out £100 already.

19 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

I bought a Smok AL85 last week at Wellesbourne market for £50 - with battery & 20ml of liquid.  It has the TFV8 tank.  It's taken me about a week of pissing about with the set-up to get it about right.  The first time I tried to open the tank - it was stuck solid.  A pair of pliers sorted that.  I like how easy it is to refill.

The e-liquid I got with it was cheap shit, so ordered some decent stuff & some new coils (0.4 ohms).  Ordered 60ml of that Dinner Lady Lemon Tart & 60ml Chalie's Chalk Dust CCD3.  I haven't tried the CCD3 yet but it smells like maple syrup.  The lemon tart smells amazing but it's sickly as fvck & it stinks the house out.  To be fair, it does taste exactly like lemon meringue, but tasting it all day is a bit much.  Might have to avoid the pudding flavours in future.

Not a question for you specifically, but the 0.4 ohm coils is "best run at 55-65W".  If I use it at that wattage the flavour seems stronger, but I can't handle the heat.  Am I doing something wrong?  I primed the coil, etc, but I'm running it at 40W & even that's a bit on the warm side.

Also, I don't know if this normal & something you just have to get used to.  If it's been standing for a little while, the first few hits are wispy & make me choke.  I'll usually warm it up a bit by blowing down the mouthpiece a few times first & it's better.  Am I doing something wrong?

I never realised vaping could be so complicated & I've shelled out £100 already.

2016-05-19-17_55_246312.jpg?12654553512316252989

https://www.vapeshopbrighton.co.uk/products/smok-tfv8-tank

I didn't order from here, almost twice as expensive but a good guide i used when choosing the tank. I read a review that said it was hot and they changed the mouthpiece, so will probably take the drip tip off my crown tank and use that on he Smok if its warm. I ordered some extra V8-Q4 coils with it.

I have a pre heat function on my mod, if yours has it too i would try it out. currently, using my crown tank with 0.5ohm coils, thee mod runs at 40w for 1.5 seconds then drops to 30w. Usually I'm puffing for a bout 4-5 seconds and its nice and smooth, not hot, with the vent wide open. Obviously this will change with the new tank but test it out you might avoid the dry, harsh hit. Also consider a higher VG mix (70-30 VG PG) if its too harsh. high VG is very smooth, but has less hit on the back of the throat, so if you just made the switch from fags you might not feel like its giving you a good enough hit 

It is really complicated, far more expensive at the moment than i expected as well, and such a huge array of flavours, I have vanilla custard and chocolate sauce on he way lol 

Good luck with it, and ask others on here too, I have only been vaping a couple of weeks so my knowledge is limited and I'm learning more everyday 

Edited by Beliall
added text in blue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

I use Smok stuff.

10 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I have a pre heat function on my mod, if yours has it too i would try it out. currently, using my crown tank with 0.5ohm coils, thee mod runs at 40w for 1.5 seconds ten drops to 30w. Usually I'm puffing for a bout 4-5 seconds and its nice and smooth, not hot, with the vent wide open. Obviously this will change with the new tank but test it out you might avoid the dry, harsh hit.

It is really complicated, far more expensive at the moment than i expected as well, and such a huge array of flavours, I have vanilla custard and chocolate sauce on he way lol 

Good luck with it, and ask others on here too, I have only been vaping a couple of weeks so my knowledge is limited and I'm learning more everyday 

I'm not sure it has a pre-heat function, but it does have a soft/normal/hard option which I think relates to heat build up - slow build up of heat, normal or hard.  I've put it on hard & it does seem better.

Thanks for the tip on the drip tip.  I had to google what a drip tip is & whether my mod had a preheat function lol  I'll be ordering a new drip tip, as the one that came with the TFV8 doesn't seem to stay put particularly well anyway.

I smoke cigars usually, so I'm used to a hard hit but I'm dragging for about 2.5 seconds at the moment. If I did 5 seconds I think I might die.

I'm off to Amsterdam in a few weeks, so I wasn't planning on giving up smoking just yet - more preparing myself for when I get back.  It's double outlay at the moment.

10 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

I'm not sure it has a pre-heat function, but it does have a soft/normal/hard option which I think relates to heat build up - slow build up of heat, normal or hard.  I've put it on hard & it does seem better.

Thanks for the tip on the drip tip.  I had to google what a drip tip is & whether my mod had a preheat function lol  I'll be ordering a new drip tip, as the one that came with the TFV8 doesn't seem to stay put particularly well anyway.

I smoke cigars usually, so I'm used to a hard hit but I'm dragging for about 2.5 seconds at the moment. If I did 5 seconds I think I might die.

I'm off to Amsterdam in a few weeks, so I wasn't planning on giving up smoking just yet - more preparing myself for when I get back.  It's double outlay at the moment.

I have a low nicotine mix and high vg so its smoother anyway. High nicotine is harsh. My mrs is a heavy smoker and I cant use her vape. High nicotine kills me .

10 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

I tried a 3 second drag on 43w and it blew my head off haha

Don't think i have the lung capacity for 5 seconds 

1 minute ago, Beliall said:

I have a low nicotine mix and high vg so its smoother anyway. High nicotine is harsh. My mrs is a heavy smoker and I cant use her vape. High nicotine kills me .

I thought I would need a high nicotine being a quite heavy smoker, until I read your earlier experiences. 

I've gone for 6mg & a 70/30 mix.  It seems about right.  Like I say, I'm smoking cigars as well at the moment.  If I have a few hits with the vape & then go outside for a regular smoke it feels like I'm not getting anything from the cigar.  My nicotine levels are through the roof.

1 hour ago, pSinatra said:

I thought I would need a high nicotine being a quite heavy smoker, until I read your earlier experiences. 

I've gone for 6mg & a 70/30 mix.  It seems about right.  Like I say, I'm smoking cigars as well at the moment.  If I have a few hits with the vape & then go outside for a regular smoke it feels like I'm not getting anything from the cigar.  My nicotine levels are through the roof.

for a direct lung device, and you being a cigar smoker, if you want too make thee switch for real i would up the nic to about 8