Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Stoke post match 2-0.

Lets keep the same team for Sunderland, including Gray as I thought he was awesome today. Showed great attacking intent. Saw that both Gray and Mahrez tracked back too which was pleasing. If we beat them and move to 36 points, we can start thinking about the CL 1/4 final and rest key members of the team for the games against Athletico

22 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Looked like real champions for 60 minutes. Took Stoke apart time and again and it really should've been game over by the hour, it could quite easily have been 4.

Last 30 thought we looked quite poor though. We were dropping before Amartey came on and after we just stopped pushing forward and invited Stoke onto us. We never looked like losing because Stoke were shite but they had a few decent chances and it could easily have been a very nervous last 10/15. 

Now come on..!!   We wouldnt be Leicester if we didnt give the oppo the last c 10-15

44 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Ndidi is just incredible isn't he! Gray was superb as well. What a weapon he could be against Atletico whether it's from the start or off the bench.

Bring on Sunderland next! How many managers have won their first 5 PL games? Can Shakey join that group as well?

Shakey will be on his own if we beat Sunderland will be the only manager to win 5 in a row

45 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Fantastic! Ironically given where we were a few weeks ago to now possibly effectively relegating Sunderland on Tuesday

Hardly. Sure, we should beat Sunderland, but they will still have 24 points to play for.

17 minutes ago, car1os said:

Lets keep the same team for Sunderland, including Gray as I thought he was awesome today. Showed great attacking intent. Saw that both Gray and Mahrez tracked back too which was pleasing. If we beat them and move to 36 points, we can start thinking about the CL 1/4 final and rest key members of the team for the games against Athletico

This.

Gray really is turning into the complete player - a couple of his delicate tackles coming back were real class, as he really did deserve a goal. Or three!

Gray has gave Shakespeare a headache now when it comes to selecting the side for Sunderland. 

I think every player had a good game today. We were a bit slack for the last 20 minutes allowing them a few chances but before that they didn't look like they would get a sniff. 

4 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Gray has gave Shakespeare a headache now when it comes to selecting the side for Sunderland. 

I think every player had a good game today. We were a bit slack for the last 20 minutes allowing them a few chances but before that they didn't look like they would get a sniff. 

If Albrighton really came in this morning with the first signs of the flu, he'll still be out on Tuesday.

23 minutes ago, FLAN said:

How did Mahrez stay on?  Poor decisions all game and half hearted so many times. I know we get this from him to balance the brilliance but take him off when he plays like that. 

Mate you are dead right. 

He continues to disappoint. 

The last 5 games all but he has raised their game, whole  he continues to be massively below par. 

NB. no brilliance seen for a long long time

Just now, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

If Albrighton really came in this morning with the first signs of the flu, he'll still be out on Tuesday.

Sorry...I didn't hear the official confirmation as to why he missed the match. Only that he missed it through illness. I had no idea what illness though. 

Either way when he's better Shakespeare will have a headache if Gray plays like that again  against Sunderland!

24 minutes ago, FLAN said:

How did Mahrez stay on?  Poor decisions all game and half hearted so many times. I know we get this from him to balance the brilliance but take him off when he plays like that. 

Seems a bit harsh to me! He could easily have come off the pitch having scored or assisted 3 today. Demari Grey was just as wasteful for me if you look at the match as a whole.

I agree that overall you would have to rate him as below-par, but that's because we know what he can do. If he made the correct decisions in those situations he'd be back to being at the Player of the Year level he was last season.

He's still getting into dangerous positions and making things happen... it's not like he has given up on us. He's always got that languid / can't seem arsed look to him but if you look at his running stats, they are actually as good as if not slightly better than most other players in the team. His style looks deceptive!

43 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Shawcross proving once again that he is an absolute thug.

Not sending off players for tackles like that is why you end up with leg breaks like Seamus Coleman's the other day.

The absolute definition of "excessive force". 

Yep. Stoke's goal was wrongly adjudged offside but Shawcross was wrongly allowed to stay on the pitch, so all in all, fair result.

Though I take your point on the more serious issue of horror tackles.

1 hour ago, theessexfox said:

@Dan LCFC Did you ever put that bet on, that we wouldn't drop another point this season? :vardy:

Sky wouldn't have it!

I wish I'd had us to come top half though. We look unstoppable. I fully expect us to win all of our home games barring probably Spurs and maybe pinch another away win too.

A month and a bit ago I saw no way out. Today felt as routine as it gets.

Shakespeare's done fantastically well. He could well get it beyond this season.

Another solid win. Showed great quality especially in the first half, more open in the second with a few nervy moments but all in all a good performance.

Back five were excellent, Benalouane looked comfortable and read the game well, Simpson & Huth put in MOTM worthy performances. Ndidi & Gray were excellent too. Thought Drinky & Mahrez were pretty average though today.

On a nice little roll, bring on Sunderland!

1 hour ago, Kendal Fox said:

Well done the boys in blue!

Realise beggars can't be choosers but really want to see us keep the win/unbeaten streak going for as long as possible.

If we beat Sunderland on Tuesday night, survival almost looks like a foregone conclusion, then we can focus on the CL and finishing as respectfully as possible in the league. Especially since we are the defending champs.

I'm lazy but where would 60 points see us finish?

Last season that got you 8th.

Previous four seasons: 8th, 7th, 8th and 8th.

Fantastic result today against a poor Stoke. (Disallowed goal aside)

Two great goals for the memory bank

Okazaki was awesome today for 70 minutes - MOTM for me.

Benny and Huuuuuuth were excellent, very solid. Fuchs usual quality, Simpson untroubled defensively and got two assists.

DannyD and Ndidi won the midfield (two Double D's!) and Wilfs goal was awesome.

Gray was really positive going forward and caused problems all match...but set pieces were awful and he refused to pass so many times that he blew at least two very very good chances

Mahrez was poor today - walking pace most of the game, tried to take on too many players on his own,  created nothing a missed the chance to present Vardy with a sitter

Shinji immense for 70 mins, JV chased hard all game, caused problems and scored a great goal.

Amartey looked decent when he came on, Slim never got a sniff...

Crucial  win , and people are saying that Leicester can win the title if we add a month to the EPL , winning Leicester is back

I think gray should have a start next game in Tuesday   Mahrez and vardy get a rest , slimani and Albrighton ( if ok ) start and the preparation for the away match in the Calderon stadium will begin next Tuesday against Sunderland 

Benny and Amartey are giving choices for shakespeare 

Go  Leicester go the world is waiting 

10 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Sky wouldn't have it!

I wish I'd had us to come top half though. We look unstoppable. I fully expect us to win all of our home games barring probably Spurs and maybe pinch another away win too.

A month and a bit ago I saw no way out. Today felt as routine as it gets.

Shakespeare's done fantastically well. He could well get it beyond this season.

Couldn't you just have done an acca for us to win all our games?

Surely that's the same bet?

Archived