Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Stoke post match 2-0.

Dominant performance marked by two excellent goals, the first one a sublime, clean hit, the second a controlled volley from a perfect cross. Their keeper made three outstanding saves and we wasted other chances but looked in control, especially at the back, although I felt we sat back a little too much in the last 30 minutes.

The transformation in the team in the past month has been remarkable- they look confident and expressive and crucially are supporting each other again. We can still improve aspects of the performances but the results have spoken for themselves. Need another win on Tuesday now.

Today, very good display and victory. Well done to all.

1 hour ago, sdb said:

Love this team. If we can keep them together and playing like this we can be top 6 next season. 

Ndidi, Vardy, Gray all outstanding. Shinji too first half. 

It's amazing how quickly opinions change, 6 weeks ago a lot of people wanted a clear out after impending relegation ( not saying it was u personally). I believe this team is strong but the par level of this team is 8th-12th for me, an a few wins can get people carried away the other way. If we bought 2 CBs a RB an a striker however then yes, we would definitely be top 6 contenders, have to have quality cover in all areas in case of injuries/suspensions.

Just now, Callabinho said:

Possibly the worst team we've had down to the KP all season...bloody shite...we were awesome though, really top performance and THAT Ndidi goal was a peach...

Two seasons on the spin! Honking both times. 

35 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

It's amazing how quickly opinions change, 6 weeks ago a lot of people wanted a clear out after impending relegation ( not saying it was u personally). I believe this team is strong but the par level of this team is 8th-12th for me, an a few wins can get people carried away the other way. If we bought 2 CBs a RB an a striker however then yes, we would definitely be top 6 contenders, have to have quality cover in all areas in case of injuries/suspensions.

Need a cb but otherwise we look good. This team won the league last year!

5 hours ago, ttfn said:

Shawcross proving once again that he is an absolute thug.

Not sending off players for tackles like that is why you end up with leg breaks like Seamus Coleman's the other day.

The absolute definition of "excessive force". 

It was a dreadful tackle, there is taking one for the team and there is flying in to stop someone recklessly and by any means. Fortunately Gray was able to carry on because he looked in some pain.

Great game, great atmosphere (although a bit flat in the second half).

Stoke hardly ever threatened, you could count their shots on goal on one hand. Arnautovic was their biggest threat but way too moody and pestulant (nothing new on that front), Allen had his moments, but apart from them, the rest of the team just couldn't be bothered to play football. That we only won by two was also down to Grant having a blinder in goal - but so was Schmeichel, who kept that clean sheet with a fantastic reaction in the dying seconds of the match.

We had the game under control for almost the entire duration, little to no complaints from me about how we played as a collective or how our players performed.

That ball from Simpson to Vardy, leading to our second... Sexy.

Ndidi's long shot... Orgasmic. One of the most beautiful and most precise long-range goals I've seen at the King Power in years.

My only few moments of frustration were caused by Gray and Mahrez - both were guilty of overcomplicating things on their respective wing and failed to score from a couple of decent positions. And our dead-ball situations are still laughably weak. Corners, free-kicks... Got to work on those.

Very much looking forward to Sunderland. The way Drinkwater ran his socks off and how Fuchs went into challenges against his mate Arnautovic and how Okazaki and Vardy pressed, it wouldn't surprise me to see more changes for Tuesday's home game.

Great performance... from the team 

To the 1000s of fans who left before the final whistle whose lives are so busy that they can't stay behind to clap the greatest team in our history off the pitch, bugger off. 

Let us only hope in 10 years time - or whenever it is - and we are languishing at the bottom of the championship u might still bother turning up...   I doubt it though 

I actually don't think we were that good. Stoke were extremely poor... no pressing and no end quality all game from them and in our current form we should've tonked them four or five nil. Instead we really stopped playing after the second goal. Complacency at crucial times and we just sat back allowing Stoke to get into it. Even first half we created very little and relied on a wonder strike to break the deadlock. It seemed like the players were tired/conserved energy for the CL for the majority of the game.

But I cannot complain at a comfortable 2-0 win, especially not considering how shit we were but a month ago. Long may this run continue!

4 minutes ago, shen said:

I actually don't think we were that good. Stoke were extremely poor... no pressing and no end quality all game from them and in our current form we should've tonked them four or five nil. Instead we really stopped playing after the second goal. Complacency at crucial times and we just sat back allowing Stoke to get into it. Even first half we created very little and relied on a wonder strike to break the deadlock. It seemed like the players were tired/conserved energy for the CL for the majority of the game.

But I cannot complain at a comfortable 2-0 win, especially not considering how shit we were but a month ago. Long may this run continue!

We've got 8 games this month. Score 2 sit back and don't get injuries.

Just rewatching on MOTD - bloody hell if I was JV I'd be pissed off with Mahrez. Also - Benny having a go at Ndidi for not picking up Arnautavic.

That said - it was a pretty damn decent performance all round.

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I also would like to extend my thanks to Mark Hughes who provided me with tons of happy moments during the match, making gestures like a berserk.

He was properly stropping about lol. I thought he was gonna have a right moan post-match but he was quite gracious tbf. 

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Fantastic performance, should have been much more than 2 really. Don't think any of the starting 11 had a bad game. Credit to Grey and Benny for coming in and looking good.

MOTM was Okazaki for me. Whilst he was on the pitch he was everywhere and helping to link play between everyone.

Shame Hull won, but if we play like this you'd think we will beat Sunderland and pass the 40 point barrier fairley easily. Incredible to think compared to early February. Well done Shakespeare - it is hard to believe we could reel of a sequence like we just have!

More than anything it's great to watch games with a smile on your face again. That attitude of always being up for it and being able to give anyone a good game is the thing I like about this team the most.

True that, and like Gray said on MOTD, not many teams can handle us at our best, especially at home! 

37 minutes ago, shen said:

Outrageous comments. Was a very good performance against a decent Stoke team, and yes we could have scored a few more goals, but we were miles better than them and Hughes even admitted that. If you are finding fault with a 2-0 win against 9th in the league (bearing in mind our form post Shakespeare) you should maybe manage your own expectations a little better!!!

Archived