Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

Shinji

49 minutes ago, the fox said:

okazaki has 2 goals and 0 assists in 1309 minutes of PL football, that's a goal every 654,5 minutes. And people wonder why some don't rate him, and don't even say "but..but he is not a striker", he isn't playing as a DM or something, he is playing in an attacking role and 2 goals is not enough. 

I suspect you want to push Slims case for a starting berth. Whilst the goals/assists statistics could obviously be improved, we are at our best with Shinji in the side.

8 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I suspect you want to push Slims case for a starting berth. Whilst the goals/assists statistics could obviously be improved, we are at our best with Shinji in the side.

But Slim has not had a run in the team post Ranieri.

I gotta say it, I just don't get the Shinji love in.  He was half decent against Stoke but overall, just frustrating and lightweight.

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

I gotta say it, I just don't get the Shinji love in.  He was half decent against Stoke but overall, just frustrating and lightweight.

I'm not saying Shinji is a better footballer than Slimani (opinion on that would probably be divided). I'm saying we are better with him in the team. He is absolutely essential to our style of play when we are playing at our best. That's my opinion anyway.

9 hours ago, Max Wall said:

I'm not saying Shinji is a better footballer than Slimani (opinion on that would probably be divided). I'm saying we are better with him in the team. He is absolutely essential to our style of play when we are playing at our best. That's my opinion anyway.

There is no possible contest.

When we talk purely about position (striker) and efficiency, Slim is superior in possible every way. In the current formation and style of play, Shinji is almost irreplacable because of his phenomenal work rate.

6 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

When we talk purely about position (striker) and efficiency, Slim is superior in possible every way. In the current formation and style of play, Shinji is almost irreplacable because of his phenomenal work rate.

That's the point I was making............................................................

Read the thread and replies.

16 hours ago, Max Wall said:

16 hours ago, murphy said:

15 hours ago, Max Wall said:

6 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

I was making the point that Shinji is essential to us playing our best. Our Algerian friend @thefox was decrying Shinji's record as a striker, presumably because he wants Slimani to start but it's not as simple as that.

Archived