Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
polarbear

17/18 season tickets

My brother got an email and a text saying he was unsuccessful. I got one saying successful (we linked our application) then we went online were both able to buy them. If you've had an email saying no but applied jointly it's probably worth checking.

Well got both season tickets sorted today, I hope the new membership works better for those that were unsuccessful, the worst bit was having to log-on at 9am to buy the tickets each game, hopefully now it'll reward those that go/have gone to most games, remember after next season you'll be wanting a ST for the champions league season 18/19:scarf:

18 hours ago, smr said:

I got the text this morning saying id been unsuccessful as i was having a dump. Great start to the day that was. As if i needed reminding.

Just to clarify - the club denied you a ticket because you were having a dump? That's harsh man...

From what I understand,  the new scheme is going to be based on loyalty. Points awared for being a member and hopefully for attending games (home and away). I also assume that all last seasons gold members won't necessarily have first dibs at tickets next season - due to this rule. 

1 hour ago, Chiltern Fox said:

From what I understand,  the new scheme is going to be based on loyalty. Points awared for being a member and hopefully for attending games (home and away). I also assume that all last seasons gold members won't necessarily have first dibs at tickets next season - due to this rule. 

If based on a points system, I would assume gold members would be given more points than silver members for having a gold membership, but then points for attending games would be given on equal measure.

If it is based on points, this will be a nightmare for people like me who travel hundreds of miles to games as it is obvious we simply can't attend the number of games some people can who live in Leicester. To be honest I'm seriously considering not bothering with a membership next year, but I will wait for the announcement next week before making a decision.

16 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

If based on a points system, I would assume gold members would be given more points than silver members for having a gold membership, but then points for attending games would be given on equal measure.

If it is based on points, this will be a nightmare for people like me who travel hundreds of miles to games as it is obvious we simply can't attend the number of games some people can who live in Leicester. To be honest I'm seriously considering not bothering with a membership next year, but I will wait for the announcement next week before making a decision.

I can understand people like you who have to travel a long way, but I can't see how they can do a loyalty scheme without it being based on matches attended.

An option you'll have is to join the likes of ramboacdc and sell-on the tickets to games you can't attend.

Let's see what the club announce next week.:unsure:

7 minutes ago, red5 said:

I can understand people like you who have to travel a long way, but I can't see how they can do a loyalty scheme without it being based on matches attended.

An option you'll have is to join the likes of ramboacdc and sell-on the tickets to games you can't attend.

Yeah we will have to wait and see, and I know the club will never be able to please everyone....I'm just worried that despite attending 10 games a season for the last few years (which incurs cost and a lot of travelling for each game) that I will find myself right down the pecking order for tickets. 

To be honest I can see a lot of re-selling happening among members, a bit like what happens with ST holders and away tickets-so I hope they have thought about this. 

9 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Yeah we will have to wait and see, and I know the club will never be able to please everyone....I'm just worried that despite attending 10 games a season for the last few years (which incurs cost and a lot of travelling for each game) that I will find myself right down the pecking order for tickets. 

To be honest I can see a lot of re-selling happening among members, a bit like what happens with ST holders and away tickets-so I hope they have thought about this. 

I am in the same boat, travelling to home matches is a 6 hour round trip, and really worried about this new scheme that rewards loyalty. It's a heck of a lot easier to be 'loyal' and attend matches if you live off the Narborough Road. Driving up and down from London and back for midweek matches is a test of loyalty! I know however they do it will 'punish' some people over others. It might well be those that live the furthest away. 
If I manage to have enough loyalty this time to get a membership, I don't really want to have to buy tickets each week and sell them on in order to keep up the pecking order. 

1 hour ago, razh said:

Me too, 250 mile round trip, I have been to all bar 1 home game this season but the evening games are a bit difficult (got lucky this season with work so manged them all )

Yeah I do most Saturday games but evening games are just not possible for me. I made an exception this season with the champions league, but I took days off work for each of the CL games and stayed over in Leicester. 

Can't afford to do that going forward but the champions league was unmissable for me. 

8 hours ago, red5 said:

8 hours ago, rn9013 said:

it is the only way to keep your loyalty up and until they close the loophole my facebook group will keep going and so far no one has had an issue with any members (apart from with me when i sent one set of away tickets to a guy and 2 to another and one guy lost them and the club cancelled the wrong tickets but that was sorted through here) 

with memberships the club may reward loyalty but i cant see them really giving a shit about members and loyalty while the money is coming in. Now they don't have to limit the amount of members with this system unlike the gold/silver/city level. 

The more I think about it, I don't think the club will award loyalty points for games attended in previous seasons (this would be a logistical nightmare for every single member/fan with a booking history), particularly given the capabilities of our TO. 

Personally i think all members for 17/18 will be awarded a certain amount of points dependent upon their 16/17 membership level, and then points will be awarded for each game attended going forward. 

For example a gold member in 16/17 will receive 30 points as a 17/18 member, where as a silver member in 16/17 will begin on 20 points. They may go back further than the last season to register membership points I suppose. 

Would make sense too and keep things simple I think. 

18 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

The more I think about it, I don't think the club will award loyalty points for games attended in previous seasons (this would be a logistical nightmare for every single member/fan with a booking history), particularly given the capabilities of our TO. 

Personally i think all members for 17/18 will be awarded a certain amount of points dependent upon their 16/17 membership level, and then points will be awarded for each game attended going forward. 

For example a gold member in 16/17 will receive 30 points as a 17/18 member, where as a silver member in 16/17 will begin on 20 points. They may go back further than the last season to register membership points I suppose. 

Would make sense too and keep things simple I think. 

Yeah the previous season points has potential to be discriminatory against younger people perhaps?

I don't think points will be used at all

i have already posted this on here once but my thinking about this is that there will be a single price point but with different tiers 

i think we will still have gold,silver and city fox tiers 

Current members will stay on the relevant new tiers 

any new members will start on the city fox tier and it will be one in one out on the higher tiers 

48 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I don't think points will be used at all

i have already posted this on here once but my thinking about this is that there will be a single price point but with different tiers 

i think we will still have gold,silver and city fox tiers 

Current members will stay on the relevant new tiers 

any new members will start on the city fox tier and it will be one in one out on the higher tiers 

Kind of like a waiting list model, i.e. Length of memberships? Can't see it myself, at Chelsea they award 5 points a cup game ticket, 3 a normal league game and 1 point for league game against the big clubs.

35 minutes ago, josh_baskin said:

Kind of like a waiting list model, i.e. Length of memberships? Can't see it myself, at Chelsea they award 5 points a cup game ticket, 3 a normal league game and 1 point for league game against the big clubs.

Yeah based on time, its the fairest way for me as it's the only thing you can't cheat 

On 6/10/2017 at 14:40, Chiltern Fox said:

I'm doing about 200 miles round trip too just to get to home games and if I don't get any loyalty points for that, I'll be p*ssed off.

I know what you are saying but it can't be based on the travel you make. Otherwise, people who live in Oz or Canada (sure i've seen some on here) would get tickets to every game they can attend. SO if they turn up for Man United and Chelsea at home then they get tickets over those who have been all 17 other games.

As said, can't please everyone but basing it on games attended in a season is the fairest, no matter where you live. If you attend 8-10 games then it's probably still more than even a lot of "locals".

Just browsing the new website and found this stating there was less then 400 season tickets available 

https://beta.lcfc.com/season-tickets

With renewal prices frozen for a third consecutive year, a stunning 97.6 per cent of 2016/17 Season Ticket Holders secured their seats once more for the new capaign, meaning less than 400 were made available for Gold Members to purchase.

Archived