Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
polarbear

17/18 season tickets

32 minutes ago, dan_fox said:

If anyone is looking for a single seat, I'm looking at selling my season ticket for next season. It's in the East stand, half way up and exactly on the half way line. Amazing seat and view. Second baby forces reluctant sale. If anyone is interested please message me. 

Man up and sell the kid ffs, priorities.

10 hours ago, dan_fox said:

If anyone is looking for a single seat, I'm looking at selling my season ticket for next season. It's in the East stand, half way up and exactly on the half way line. Amazing seat and view. Second baby forces reluctant sale. If anyone is interested please message me. 

Not sure you can actually do that lol

As it would have to be kept on in your name if you intend to renew then sell.

Wouldn't your best bet be. Get on the DD scheme if not already. Costs just above the matchday price for 1 game.

Then attend every other home game and sell for the 2nd game each month. Meaning it basically hasn't cost you anything.

12 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Not sure you can actually do that lol

As it would have to be kept on in your name if you intend to renew then sell.

Wouldn't your best bet be. Get on the DD scheme if not already. Costs just above the matchday price for 1 game.

Then attend every other home game and sell for the 2nd game each month. Meaning it basically hasn't cost you anything.

It's not just the cost of the ticket but having some time on a Saturday to help out with the kids. My season ticket is already on direct debit and my thoughts were to renew in my name and just sell the games so when one season I want to go, I can. 

33 minutes ago, dan_fox said:

It's not just the cost of the ticket but having some time on a Saturday to help out with the kids. My season ticket is already on direct debit and my thoughts were to renew in my name and just sell the games so when one season I want to go, I can. 

In that case, your best bet is too accept the continuing cost and sell on here on a game by game basis, sure you won't find it too difficult, or find someone you trust and sit down once the fixtures come out and discuss which games you want to do, be that the bigger matches, or one's over Holiday periods such as Christmas, I'd be very reluctant to hand over my season card for a prolonged period of time to a stranger, and they charge for reprints onto paper so the cost goes up by a fiver each game if you do that every week.

I know a ticket exchange service was discussed at the last FCC from the minutes I saw, maybe worth seeing if details on that are announced once details for next season are released.

I'd be wary of a buyer taking your ticket for a prolonged period as they could report you to the club, they would not have a lot to lose if they did it with a few games left, but you could find yourself with a ban and your right to buy again revoked.

Alternatively, I don't know where you would stand, but you could approach the club and ask for the ticket to be regraded, to an under 8 meaning it costs about 5 quid a month, and then just pay the upgrade as and when you wanted to use it.

I have 2 tickets for my kids, both on the DD and my girl never goes, so a mate just pays for it to be upgraded every game.

Some really good advice there thanks. I've had it for a number of years now and so I've become friends with all the people who sit around me, therefore I'd only really sell it to people who I'd trust and are respectful.

19 hours ago, Filbert_Ross said:

My uncle is hanging up his season ticket at the Grand age of 83, it's all getting too much for him at his age. 

Is it possible to transfer his season ticket into another family members name? 

1 hour ago, Monk said:

Can anyone confirm if season tickets can be transferred to someone else? I would certainly be interested in taking one of these offers up if it's actually doable. 

I don't know the club's policy but would be interesting to find out.

I know some years ago there was an estimation that around 2,000 Manchester United STH were in fact dead, but their relatives had continued to pay for the ST in the original person's name in order to not "lose" it.

I've asked the question on @lcfchelp so I'll let you know what they say.

Although it would suit those of us who want to maybe transfer it to someone else, it really does mean "closing the shop" even more for those trying to get hold of a ST. 

1 hour ago, red5 said:

I would guess it's pretty obvious they couldn't be transferred. 

Someone near me gave his up and his mates girlfriend took it on in her name, this is since we have been back in the premier league, he said something about getting his mates written permission to transfer it, no idea if true but it's now in her name.

22 hours ago, Filbert_Ross said:

My uncle is hanging up his season ticket at the Grand age of 83, it's all getting too much for him at his age. 

Is it possible to transfer his season ticket into another family members name? 

Not quite the same but I do know of two people who got the ST transferred due to the holder passing away, and both during this season.  Father to son.

1 hour ago, promised land said:

Someone near me gave his up and his mates girlfriend took it on in her name, this is since we have been back in the premier league, he said something about getting his mates written permission to transfer it, no idea if true but it's now in her name.

1 hour ago, Lestagirl said:

Not quite the same but I do know of two people who got the ST transferred due to the holder passing away, and both during this season.  Father to son.

With the possible exception of Father to Son(though I still don't think it should), no way should this be possible and await for stripeyfox's reply.

13 hours ago, red5 said:

With the possible exception of Father to Son(though I still don't think it should), no way should this be possible and await for stripeyfox's reply.

When someone passes away I think it is a good gesture to pass that season ticket on to a family member (should they want it) so I wouldn't personally have a problem with that.

However, transferring a season ticket just because that person no longer wants it should not be possible. It should be opened to people who have waited in line for an opportunity (i.e. Members etc).

On 4/24/2017 at 14:34, stripeyfox said:

I don't know the club's policy but would be interesting to find out.

I know some years ago there was an estimation that around 2,000 Manchester United STH were in fact dead, but their relatives had continued to pay for the ST in the original person's name in order to not "lose" it.

I've asked the question on @lcfchelp so I'll let you know what they say.

Although it would suit those of us who want to maybe transfer it to someone else, it really does mean "closing the shop" even more for those trying to get hold of a ST. 

Did lcfchelp get back to you?

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

I would assume so, but no announcement on renewals has been made yet (as far as I know).

I think it depends on numbers returned (STH non-renewals). If there are large amounts they may just do a sale, first come first served.

6,000 Gold members (am I right?) of which probably maximum half would be willing to pay/commit to a ST. Still a large demand. Can't remember how many applied for the 300 odd tickets last season.

18 minutes ago, red5 said:

Did lcfchelp get back to you?

Not yet, although I just checked and found out that I actually addressed my tweet to myself, rather then them! What a bellend I am!

Have sent a new question now, will let you know!

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think it depends on numbers returned (STH non-renewals). If there are large amounts they may just do a sale, first come first served.

6,000 Gold members (am I right?) of which probably maximum half would be willing to pay/commit to a ST. Still a large demand. Can't remember how many applied for the 300 odd tickets last season.

OK just checked, there are 4,000 Gold Members. Two seasons ago, 3,000 STH did not renew. I would expect at least 1,000 to not renew this year (now things are back to "normal").

So I think on that basis (all guess work) they will just have a sale to Gold members, not ballot.

We will find out in about a month.

Archived