Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
polarbear

17/18 season tickets

1 hour ago, LinekersApples said:

Without trawling this thread.... will ST's reach silver?

Is there a "silver" lining to my awful choice of membership?

No chance I would say only 700 tops would be made available which would go to a ballot again 

On 5/31/2017 at 09:50, LinekersApples said:

22 hours ago, Marmite said:

No chance I would say only 700 tops would be made available which would go to a ballot again 

at the moment there is no renewal rates out. last year only 130 odd season tickets were not renewed. 700 would not be ballot it would be fastest finger first. 

39 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

at the moment there is no renewal rates out. last year only 130 odd season tickets were not renewed. 700 would not be ballot it would be fastest finger first. 

Wasn't there 304 non renewals last year?

Just now, SydenhamFox said:

Anyone spot the new 'ticket exchange' feature that the club will be making available for sth next season?
I take that to mean you'll be able to sell your ticket on if you can't attend. 

I assume so, but details are yet to be released. It's a good idea but I'm not sure how successful it will be for people anyway, given that the only games where demand usually outstrips supply is for the 'top 6' games. I doubt the club will want to encourage re-sale of ST seats, for say Watford, when they will only receive £17.50 (after the other £17.50 has been passed back to the ST holder), when they can sell a non-ST seat for £35. 

52 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Wasn't there 304 non renewals last year?

No, the majority of the one's then went on sale to golds were due to bans after they got caught touting the Everton game.

5 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

No, the majority of the one's then went on sale to golds were due to bans after they got caught touting the Everton game.

well i know of at least 2 ST banned this season by Jim....should have asked for them when i bumped into him on sunday. 

6 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Ah-good point! That makes sense. I didn't realise the club had actually taken action on as many as that (I'm glad they did though)!

43 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Ah-good point! That makes sense. I didn't realise the club had actually taken action on as many as that (I'm glad they did though)!

Yep, I was told 200 had action taken against them, which included multi year bans and tickets revoked and as they had touted there was no appeal process. There are articles related to it in last years papers, but doesn't name a figure, but I was sent the official figure last year, but can't be arsed to trawl back through 12 months of what's app messages to find it lol 

18 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Yep, I was told 200 had action taken against them, which included multi year bans and tickets revoked and as they had touted there was no appeal process. There are articles related to it in last years papers, but doesn't name a figure, but I was sent the official figure last year, but can't be arsed to trawl back through 12 months of what's app messages to find it lol 

jims number on speed dial...nice! and yet you couldn't sort me out with a season ticket last year?! 

5 hours ago, Bayfox said:

I didn't know this but all I can say is Good. Well done to the club. Those who tried to profit by selling their ticket for that game and in doing so breaching the terms and conditions of their ticket have no grounds to complain about it. Tough shit

On 2017-5-30 at 13:17, Thracian said:

You're dead right about the East Stand. Anything that shows you're alive is frowned on and they mostly sit there more like a court tribunal than a partisan group of football fans. Only sit there now as an unavoidable last option. Not sure it's any more pleasant than an outside loo.   

Have 2 seats in block H east stand this season having moved from North Family stand.  Atmos fine where we are at SK1 end of the block and Union FS closeby.  Was thinking of moving to J block Monday for better view and these East stand dead posts worry me.  Cant be that bad 1 block along ? 

2 hours ago, Broxi-Bear said:

Have 2 seats in block H east stand this season having moved from North Family stand.  Atmos fine where we are at SK1 end of the block and Union FS closeby.  Was thinking of moving to J block Monday for better view and these East stand dead posts worry me.  Cant be that bad 1 block along ? 

Mate, I'm in H1 in a seat right next to J block. I go with my young son and daughter, so sit there because the view is fantastic. I'm about half way up, but even further back it is a great view. You do lose the atmosphere to some degree as you are caught between away fans/L1 and SK1, and obviously don't feel a part of that as much. It does occasionally warm up around me, but it's at big moments, which we've had a fair few of over the last couple of seasons. I really don't have a problem with it, but as always, the people who sit around you are all important. And there are mostly good people around me with no moaners or football bores!

I go to most aways with my son too, and the contrast can be quite marked in terms of home and away atmosphere, as would be expected. But again it depends on the people around you and your view. I guess it depends then on what is most important to you, but from my point of view the East Stand (J and H blocks)  are not as bad as lots of people make out.

On 31 May 2017 at 09:50, LinekersApples said:

I know silver members who got season tickets after our first year back for the championship winning season. I don't think they got any lower.

14 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Thanks, went to the stadium today to see availability and as of 3pm there were lots of people still to renew. I reckon more than 500. 

What do you mean you reckon more than 500? Did you ask?

Archived