Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Time to name Shakes permanent manager?

Has he done enough to get the job on a permanent basis?

I say YES give the club some real stability and give him the job now.

what a massive lift it would give everyone before the Champions league game.

He obviously knows how to get the best out of this set of players and we are all but safe so give him the job now and let him start planning for next season 

Pointless, it's all about this season.

When the project turns to next season he'll be given a chance to present his vision to the owners and they'll review it then.

6 great games, but the probation ends after season has finished. 47 points would mean he achieved 2pts a game on his watch. That would deserve a proper offer and investment.

he needs to keep him and the players motivated for the remainder of the season, don't want to see them switching off after safety secured.

Guest seanfox778

That would definitely jinx it, let him just win every game this season then think about offering him a long deal in the summer :thumbup:

Agree we don't need to stir the pot right now.

But Stringer made a good point last night by saying that other clubs could be looking at him who may think of making an approach based on the fact that he's an assistant who's currently in temporary charge, and is absolutely smashing it.

The only way he won't get it now is if an "Elite" manager wants the job, e.g. Ancelotti, Enrique (easy to win things with Barcelona but still), Simeone, etc. I don't see that happening so think he will be given a one or two year contract in the summer. No need to announce it now, he will know himself that he's smashing it.

To go from 5 straight losses to 6 wins in a row, basically saving us from relegation AND getting to the quarter finals of the biggest club competition of them all...

Thank you Craig! You've saved our season.

Perhaps he was the unsung mastermind behind both Pearson's and Ranieri's respective successes they had here, and this sums it up?

100% give it to him.

Don't forget Mike Stowell, either; believe he's had a big part of this as well, regularly discussing with Shakespeare both on the training ground and in the dugout.

17 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Pointless, it's all about this season.

When the project turns to next season he'll be given a chance to present his vision to the owners and they'll review it then.

Hark at you and your la di da 'projects' and 'vision' :rolleyes:

But I do like you Tuna :P

9 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Agree we don't need to stir the pot right now.

But Stringer made a good point last night by saying that other clubs could be looking at him who may think of making an approach based on the fact that he's an assistant who's currently in temporary charge, and is absolutely smashing it.

Excellent point mate 

Are you a child? Absolutely no reason to shoot our load at this point. Things are going well, why rock the boat with an announcement like that at this stage?

No need to get involved. Try to stay level headed FFS.

A few players have mentioned in interviews that Shakey's chances of getting the job longer term are dependent on the results till the end of the season.

They are clearly playing for him, and his future. Why take away a source of motivation?

18 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Are you a child? Absolutely no reason to shoot our load at this point. Things are going well, why rock the boat with an announcement like that at this stage?

No need to get involved. Try to stay level headed FFS.

It was a question. Chilax 

57 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The only way he won't get it now is if an "Elite" manager wants the job, e.g. Ancelotti, Enrique (easy to win things with Barcelona but still), Simeone, etc. I don't see that happening so think he will be given a one or two year contract in the summer. No need to announce it now, he will know himself that he's smashing it.

To go from 5 straight losses to 6 wins in a row, basically saving us from relegation AND getting to the quarter finals of the biggest club competition of them all...

Thank you Craig! You've saved our season.

I think you're right. I reckon they'll give him a 12 month contract and will still be on the lookout for a big name manager. There's still that question mark about a number 2 taking the top job permanently. Will he be a Del Bosque or a Brian Kidd?

That said, I think he 100% deserves the job permanently.

Archived