Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

5th April 2014 - Promotion to the Top Flight

• 3 weeks later...

So many stand out games in that season and freaky stuff too.

The lights going out v's Reading and the lights inside the stadium remaining off.

Boltons dayglo readybrek kit in that 5-3 game.

The squirrel.

The freaky storm that hit just before a game outside the stadium that was strong enough to blow some of those heavy fences over in front of the main stand and chucked it down in a very short burst.

The amount of games we scored three goals in just romping to the title after Xmas often in beautiful but not hot sunny weather.

Some bloke so smashed at a game with free beer that he had two bottles in one hand, a burger and a bottle in the other so that when he was eating his beer was spilling out too:giggle:

Guest CityFan 06
1 hour ago, Wrighty22 said:

The atmosphere at that game was amazing. 

I remember. That was when the Kop had that ongoing chant where folk actually stood up singing it. 

This was when Nigel Pearson's construction of a new successful foundation for seasons to come proved successful.

The club had him at he right time and we've reaped the rewards of it.

Guest CityFan 06
10 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

This was when Nigel Pearson's construction of a new successful foundation for seasons to come proved successful.

The club had him at he right time and we've reaped the rewards of it.

And hopefully (if Shakespeare does get the job next season and beyond) he will build a foundation similar to that of Pearson's. 

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 17:47, murphy said:

There's no need to swear.  In England we try not to use words like 'Nottingham' and 'Forest' thank you. 

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 18:04, KFS said:

Shut up you Nottingham Forest

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 18:16, murphy said:

Now you've gone too far you stinking pile of absolute Derby County!

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 18:23, KFS said:

Don't make me say it. I'll say it.

You... Coventry City

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 18:25, murphy said:

What's a Coventry City?

You both deserve a slapping and life ban for typing those words in full.

If we had minus rep points you would have got one for every post.

The mods deserve a slap as well for not deleting the posts.

44 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Ahaha love the retrospective likes and replies we're getting off this lol

23 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

I remember. That was when the Kop had that ongoing chant where folk actually stood up singing it. 

We're 4-0 down,

Who gives a ****?

We're Leicester boys and we're going up...

Ulloa was incredible, that game. 

On 23/04/2017 at 11:42, CityFan 06 said:

And hopefully (if Shakespeare does get the job next season and beyond) he will build a foundation similar to that of Pearson's. 

Big worry is recruitment still, with Walsh gone the more time that passes the more likely it will be he's had nothing to do with signings. We know now N'didi was another one of his, as they said we got him because we made contact a long time ago and he / his family etc remembered that.

I'm hopeful though that Shakespeare will go for the Values that made us successful. Hungry players and a good mixture, young, old, foreign and quite importantly a "British" core (by that I mean people who know our leagues and have been in the country a while.)

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Big worry is recruitment still, with Walsh gone the more time that passes the more likely it will be he's had nothing to do with signings. We know now N'didi was another one of his, as they said we got him because we made contact a long time ago and he / his family etc remembered that.

I'm hopeful though that Shakespeare will go for the Values that made us successful. Hungry players and a good mixture, young, old, foreign and quite importantly a "British" core (by that I mean people who know our leagues and have been in the country a while.)

Let's get walsh back, I think he would come back if we chucked the cash at him.

Guest CityFan 06
10 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I think we could, or at least now we have the biggest chance to do it with Shakespeare in charge. Unlikely but you never know, Shakespeare and Walsh had a good connection.

26 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Would love to, but with them doing quite well at the moment I think he'd fancy having a crack at making Everton relevant at the top end of the table again. We've seen what he can do with smart recruitment and a good manager.

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Would love to, but with them doing quite well at the moment I think he'd fancy having a crack at making Everton relevant at the top end of the table again. We've seen what he can do with smart recruitment and a good manager.

Yeah it's looking good at Everton, I'm not sure him and Koeman are seeing eye to eye though, definitely worth a phone call.

If we promise to kill John Rudkin I think we could get him.

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 09:55, Wrighty22 said:

The atmosphere at that game was amazing. 

I seem to remember a lot of fans leaving very early when Brighton's 4th went in, strange considering we'd just been promoted but I do remember just before kick off and the start of the game being a great atmosphere - but not a patch on some of the CL games this season and most of last season though. 

7 hours ago, sylofox said:

And you sir, deserve a kick in the Tottenhams!

Archived