Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Tammy Abraham

TAM TO GO? 

Leicester are eyeing a shock move for Chelsea’s on-loan goal machine Tammy Abraham

Striker has hit 24 goals on loan with Bristol City this season and has caught the eye of Foxes boss Craig Shakespeare

LEICESTER CITY are lining up a shock raid for Chelsea’s young goal machine Tammy Abraham.
Foxes boss Craig Shakespeare wants an extra forward in his squad next term and would buy the Stamford Bridge starlet or borrow him for the season.

Leicester will move for Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham

Abraham has hit 24 goals on loan with Bristol City — including a double in the 3-1 win over Wolves yesterday — and could step up to the Premier League next time round.

Shakespeare sent pal David Flitcroft to spy on Abraham last week.

The Foxes would have a chance with a loan — but could also try their luck with a bid starting at £15million and rising.
Abraham, 19, is on £25,000-a-week wages that Bristol City cover in full.
He would cost a rental fee on top to go to a Premier League club — so even a loan is an expensive option.

Transfer market is insane - £15 million for a youngster with one season's experience at a lower level. That said, the lad is promising and I imagine would be a good fit for the squad so I'd be pleasantly pleased if it happened and try and ignore the fee! 

Hoping Ulloa (although I appreciate his contributions here) makes way then and we receive a good fee for him.

With Vardy not going to keep up his speed in perhaps in a few years' time, this guy has certainly got strong potential as the best replacement for Vardy long-term.

Plus, as he's English, it would also mean he is unlikely to play for England considering many in our current squad haven't played for them as they play for ''little Leicester'', despite being deserved call-ups in the past but had got ignored (such as Albrighton, Drinkwater and Gray).

59 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Hoping Ulloa (although I appreciate his contributions here) makes way then and we receive a good fee for him.

With Vardy not going to keep up his speed in perhaps in a few years' time, this guy has certainly got strong potential as the best replacement for Vardy long-term.

Plus, as he's English, it would also mean he is unlikely to play for England considering many in our current squad haven't played for them as they play for ''little Leicester'', despite being deserved call-ups in the past but had got ignored (such as Albrighton, Drinkwater and Gray).

Drinkwater has been called up, and has only missed out due to injuries. Gray while he has potential hasn't done anything to warrant an England call up yet and is a regular with u21s.

Albrighton is the only player who has been unlucky not to receive a call up.

4 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I know he's bagged a few this season, but is he that good? £15m can still get top class players if you're looking in the right places. 

Hmmmmm....... Musa? Think we could get 15m for him?

18 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I know he's bagged a few this season, but is he that good? £15m can still get top class players if you're looking in the right places. 

He's

Young

English

Scored a shite load in the championship.

Oh and his club are not desperate for the cash.

Plus with all the sky money and our CL money we will have to pay premium prices for our players.

We've just signed Josh Gordon and people moaning at that. What do people want.

Chelsea wont send him here on loan unless slimani an ulloa are both sold. How much game time would he get? And would he want to come in that context anyway. He is young and he should just want to play every week - especially after doing so this season. So even if we tried to buy him, he would likely have other offfers from top half championship where he would be first choice striker or bottom end prem where he would be second at worst. 

if this gains momentum it means that the kid has supreme confidence in his ability to  force his way into our starting eleven/ standard subs. (Or that slim is going )

12 minutes ago, sylofox said:

He's

Young

English

Scored a shite load in the championship.

Oh and his club are not desperate for the cash.

Plus with all the sky money and our CL money we will have to pay premium prices for our players.

We've just signed Josh Gordon and people moaning at that. What do people want.

I'm not moaning, I just don't know whether he's good enough yet and he'd surely only be back-up initially- maybe a long term successor for Vardy in a couple of years? Would he be happy to take that role? 

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

I'm not moaning, I just don't know whether he's good enough yet and he'd surely only be back-up initially- maybe a long term successor for Vardy in a couple of years? Would he be happy to take that role? 

We will only ever know if he's good enough once we've bought him. If he is a direct replacement for Vardy that's good. Put Vardy on then bring the lad on as Vardy tires plus injury cover.

Who knows Vardy may only have a season left playing as he does.

Archived