Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

The Foxestalk Food Association (FA) Cup Ro16 Pt2

Ro16 Pt2  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Match 5 : Full English Breakfast vs Ploughmans

• Full English Breakfast
    • Ploughmans
  2. 2. Match 6 : Welsh Rarebit vs Bangers and Mash

3. 3. Match 7 : Chicken Tikka Masala vs Haggis

4. 4. Match 8 : Shepherds Pie vs Steak Pie

After the first round of the competition it seems that the favourites went through comfortably at the weekend. Roast Chicken absolutely trounced Irish Stew 63 votes to 6 and world champions Fish and Chips sailed through against it's coastal friend the Cornish Pasty. This round includes a Pie Derby and dark horse Full English Breakfast against the humble Ploughman's.

Match 1 : Roast Chicken w/ stuffing vs Irish Stew

Match 2 : Devonshire Cream Tea vs Ham, Egg and Chips

Match 3 : Fish and Chips vs Cornish Pasty

Match 4 : Toad in the Hole vs Roast Beef w/ yorkies

Match 5 : Full English Breakfast vs Ploughmans

Match 6 : Welsh Rarebit vs Bangers and Mash

Match 7 : Chicken Tikka Masala vs Haggis

Match 8 : Shepherds Pie vs Steak Pie

The quarter finals begin on Thursday. Happy Voting.

This round'll be Full English, Bangers & Mash, Chicken Tikka Masala & a hard fought win for Shepherd's Pie. Full English will be going all the way in my opinion. Has everything.

Full English - Obviously. If this doesn't win the whole competition, i give up on food.

Bangers & Mash - Its pretty much up against a glorified cheese on toast,  almost anything would beat that.

Haggis - Chicken Tikka is probably one of the blandest, most pointless curries out there. If it was up against Welsh Rarebit, the cheese on toast would win!

Shepherds Pie - One of my favourite winter dishes. Love a good shepherds pie on a cold evening - It's also a vital ingredient in one of my favourite jokes - I had a Shepherds Pie for dinner last night, he wasn't happy!

10 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

I'm not a fan of chicken tikka masala but how has anyone voted for an offal flapjack?

I could drink 20 pints of Stella & if someone offered me haggis, I'd probably still say 'nah, you're alright'

Its alright... tastes a bit like mince.

Guest seanfox778
52 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

how is shepherds pie not winning 

Craig Pawson is reffing that one.

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Had to google Welsh Rarebit (thought it was some sort of rabbit stew) and it's just a posh Cheese on toast! What a random name.....

wtf. I did not know this and did start to question why people were randomly mentioning cheese on toast lollol 

why the fvck is it called Welsh Rarebit?!

I thought it was some kind of meat dish, typically mutton or lamb lol. ffs. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

wtf. I did not know this and did start to question why people were randomly mentioning cheese on toast lollol 

why the fvck is it called Welsh Rarebit?!

I thought it was some kind of meat dish, typically mutton or lamb lol. ffs. 

Did some googling and apparently it's because its was said Welsh people were too poor to have meat back in the day even something as cheap as Rabbit (Rarebit) and so Cheese on Toast was some sort of a replacement.

..... I don't get it either.

15 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Had to google Welsh Rarebit (thought it was some sort of rabbit stew) and it's just a posh Cheese on toast! What a random name.....

It's not even posh cheese on toast tbh it's just cheese on toast.

Scouse should love it, it's called Welsh because "Welsh" was considered synonymous with "povo" basically. Ie, it's a poor person's rarebit.

Archived