Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

United Airlines...Barbaric???

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

The captain of the aircraft has full legal right to expel any passenger he wants while he is in control of it. Think of that plane as it's own little country with the pilot as it's totalitarian dictator, what he says goes.

I fully appreciate that is the case however you have to take into account each individual situation surely? If he is causing a nuisance on the flight then I'd understand him being kicked off. Many flights are diverted and many people are kicked off due to trouble and I get that.

This case is a lot different. United Airlines cocked up so they should have handled it  a lot better. Forcibly removing and bashing an old boys head to me strikes me as totally uncalled for, whether he refused or not. Other methods were available and have been spoken about in this thread.  

15 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

I fully appreciate that is the case however you have to take into account each individual situation surely? If he is causing a nuisance on the flight then I'd understand him being kicked off. Many flights are diverted and many people are kicked off due to trouble and I get that.

This case is a lot different. United Airlines cocked up so they should have handled it  a lot better. Forcibly removing and bashing an old boys head to me strikes me as totally uncalled for, whether he refused or not. Other methods were available and have been spoken about in this thread.  

I don't think the captain of the flight went "right lads, see that guy, I want him off in the next ten seconds - go stove his head in straight away."

The guy was asked to get off and resisted physically, even by all accounts resorting to trying to run back on.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I don't think the captain of the flight went "right lads, see that guy, I want him off in the next ten seconds - go stove his head in straight away."

The guy was asked to get off and resisted physically, even by all accounts resorting to trying to run back on.

C'mon now, the dude was knocked unconscious and concussed. Him running back on was the result of incompetence from the airline / police, and a reckless endangerment of his safety. It's not like he made some conscious decision "hey, I think i'll run up and down the aisles of the plane bleeding from my head, telling the passengers I want to go home, maybe they'll let me."

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No, I get that, but if the pilot has as much authority as previously explained to me, then perhaps he could have co-ordinated the whole process a lot better and it wouldn't have led to anyone being forcefully removed.

In similar circumstances I too would refuse to get off until they offered me the compensation that I wanted. Their cock up, their responsibility to sort it out.

I have seen the video of him running back on and he looks dazed, confused and bloodied. Furthermore proves United Airlines incompetence if he somehow managed to get back onto the plane without them knowing.

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

But for the seven billionth time, it's the local authorities not the airline who handle the removal.

This could literally be anyone.

This story is immensely depressing, you've actually just watched social media hysteria cause someone's business to lose an unbelievable amount in value.

Right, hence my use of the words 'rightly or wrongly'. It really should be the Chicago airport heavy mob getting it in the kidneys, but as it happened on a UA place people are drawing their own conclusions.

If they are guilty of nothing else, UA are guilty of underestimating the public response that an event like this would result in. PR and social media matter so much to any business today, I think that's well-known. As has been said on here before too, hopefully what happened here will mean that this doesn't happen again, so passengers don't get knocked about by American cops acting like...American cops, and airlines don't get to see their stock take an early bath worthy of Eric Cantona after he kicked that Palace guy in the face.

"Cops" were dead wrong and united are tits for how they handled the whole situation. Should never have removed him or any other passengers from the flight  after they have boarded to accomodate others. If you cocked up getting your crew somewhere than thats on you. 

Respect your   customers.

Airlines have way too much leeway and passengers dont.

Disgraceful the way they treated the passenger which was basically common assault and then having the boss of the airlines calling the customer names, disgusting behavior from the airline. there would have been an even bigger outcry if they had the audacity to do it to a women or a child. he had a ticket and had every right to stay on the plane and was the airlines fault for the crap practice of over booking. 

17 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Disgraceful the way they treated the passenger which was basically common assault and then having the boss of the airlines calling the customer names, disgusting behavior from the airline. there would have been an even bigger outcry if they had the audacity to do it to a women or a child. he had a ticket and had every right to stay on the plane and was the airlines fault for the crap practice of over booking. 

Apparently its not a right to be on the plane. If an airline wants you off well they can do what they like provided they compensate you according to law.

Whats more of a joke are these media types who are digging into the passengers history for stuff totally unrelated to this situation trying to tarnish his reputation with things he did in the past.  Shameful even if it is true.

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Apparently its not a right to be on the plane. If an airline wants you off well they can do what they like provided they compensate you according to law.

Whats more of a joke are these media types who are digging into the passengers history for stuff totally unrelated to this situation trying to tarnish his reputation with things he did in the past.  Shameful even if it is true.

Yup agree, trying to force opinion that whores have no rights..

9 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

x6vz84qtqbry.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39739737

Aaaand there's the settlement. Not really surprising.

lol this knob end lost my respect with this comment...

Lawyer Thomas Demetrio told journalists on Thursday: "He [Dr Dao] said that he left Vietnam in 1975 when Saigon fell and he was on a boat and he said he was terrified.

"He said that being dragged down the aisle was more horrifying and harrowing than what he experienced when leaving Vietnam."

Archived