Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Rudkin

21 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Agreed. Does anyone on here really know what goes on behind the scenes or is it just guesswork? Does anyone really know what Rudkin does, I suspect not. I would guess that he conducts negotiations for players, about which I doubt many people on here realise the complexities, but I doubt he actually picks the targets. Susan Whelan has been with our owners for over 20yrs and is highly trusted by them, she is an impressive business woman but does anyone actually know what she does?

The whole anti-Rudkin thing seems to have snowballed out of nothing but rumour. I've no inside info and no smoke without fire I guess but it looks like a textbook case of scapegoating to me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

The whole anti-Rudkin thing seems to have snowballed out of nothing but rumour. I've no inside info and no smoke without fire I guess but it looks like a textbook case of scapegoating to me.

7 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Am thinking this Rudkin out could be a long running saga. But hopefully our owners will start to see him for the useless cvnt he is.

You pays your money and you takes your choice

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

He's the director of football ffs people aren't making this stuff up. We've all seen it with our own eyes.

Three failed transfer windows, no discernable strategy or positive evolution of the team. Managers hung out to dry. Adrien Silva. Molla Wague. Its a joke, the blokes a mug.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

He's the director of football ffs people aren't making this stuff up. We've all seen it with our own eyes.

Three failed transfer windows, no discernable strategy or positive evolution of the team. Managers hung out to dry. Adrien Silva. Molla Wague. Its a joke, the blokes a mug.

It would be a joke if it was not so serious. Millions wasted and our survival in his fvcking hands.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rogstanley said:

I daren't say anything further about it, as know some employees from the often sometimes read the thread - but this isn't the case it sounds..

57 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

This. 

Not sure how anyone can think he should keep his job given the shambles we've been in since winning the league.  They can't sack two managers yet excuse the guy directly above them, especially given his transfer remit.

For the good of the club we need a clean sweep.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Well, mainly, I just don't understand why anyone would 'fully trust' some rich businessmen they've never met, especially football club owners in general. They aren't Leicester through and through like us and they never will be. We really don't know if they're bored of us now and their motivations will always be largely to do with finances, which is different to us as fans. By nature they can't be trusted because they don't necessarily want the same things as us. And it's too simple to say we all want to win football matches.

They've not been without their faults. Changing our colours for one thing (honestly don't get why this isn't a bigger deal to some people). I still think non season ticket holders are being shafted with ticket prices and Union FS have been screwed around a lot. We've not backed safe standing despite clear factual evidence that the fans are backing it. The owners are responsible for these things, even if only because they are hiring the people who are directly involved in the decision making.

The football club appeared to be being managed in a thoroughly professional way but now we've been encouraged to look at things a bit more closely it was perhaps somewhat of an illusion. I actually mentioned on another thread the strange process of selecting managers under their stewardship - the apparent reasoning for their appointments being very basic and seemingly without real thought being put into it. Big names, popular with the fans, said they wanted the job in the press, been here before, been here for 8 years. Some worked out great, some were a bit of a disaster. Even their sackings are a bit of a mish mash, the timings of them, rehiring them 2 hours later etc.

So really, it's nonsensical to have complete trust in them, a bit of analysis and common sense would tell you that. That doesn't mean they haven't made some correct decisions and done some really good things, it means sound reasoning says they can't be blindly trusted. Hey, I don't know them as people, I'm not saying they're villains, but that's the point, I don't know them.

The original comment I replied to was completely bizarre. Clearly many mistakes have been made in the last 2 years at least and their faith in Rudkin is obviously one of them. It's just odd that someone would actually go as far as to say that an obvious bad decision (i.e. giving Rudkin such an influential role for so long) is a good decision, just because they like the people who made that decision. Even if they were perfect with everything else, anyone can have howlers now and then.

If you can't trust owners who have spent tens of millions on us, brought us out of the championship and won us our only worthwhile trophy who can you trust?

• Like 3

I find it strange that people are so anti rudkin on no actual proof of what's going on behind the scenes and jump on the rudkin out bandwagon without actually knowing what he does, yet seen so admimant that Steve Walsh is right for the job yet they have had a far far far worse transfer strategy and managerial appointment

And before you all say keoman is better what has he does which Shakespeare hasn't? They have spent 20m more on a young English defender which is shite, 45m on siggy which everyone agreed anything even near 30 is too much. Sold their striker and not replaced.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

I find it strange that people are so anti rudkin on no actual proof of what's going on behind the scenes and jump on the rudkin out bandwagon without actually knowing what he does, yet seen so admimant that Steve Walsh is right for the job yet they have had a far far far worse transfer strategy and managerial appointment

And before you all say keoman is better what has he does which Shakespeare hasn't? They have spent 20m more on a young English defender which is shite, 45m on siggy which everyone agreed anything even near 30 is too much. Sold their striker and not replaced.

On Walsh you may well have a valid points. On Rudkin however, you need a reality check as to where ‘we’ (not Everton) are right now.

Then decide if it is a ‘band wagon’ based upon facts or assumptions.  Where we are    now is factual. Why we are there is fundamentally due to decisions made by Club employees. I for one do not believe this is solely down to CS.   But how any one can absolve the DOF completely from this shambles, is beyond the bounds of reality.

Edited by mozartfox
why not
  • Like 1