Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Rudkin

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

If you can't trust owners who have spent tens of millions on us, brought us out of the championship and won us our only worthwhile trophy who can you trust?

a supporter of the club, like that little fat lad up at newcastle?

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

On Walsh you may well have a valid points. On Rudkin however, you need a reality check as to where ‘we’ (not Everton) are right now.

Then decide if it is a ‘band wagon’ based upon facts or assumptions.  Where we are    now is factual. Why we are there is fundamentally due to decisions made by Club employees. I for one do not believe this is solely down to CS.   But how any one can absolve the DOF completely from this shambles, is beyond the bounds of reality.

Yet the tipping point for a lot of people was this Silva transfer. That was where people decided that rudkin needs sacking yet since it has been proved that we couldn't have done anything more as it was all above board on our part and it's not even solely down to him it's the recruitment that put the transfer through, it's rudkin and/or Whelan who signs it off

There's many more people at the top who are in the same boat as him yet it's only rudkin people see as the demon at the top. It's very bizarre 

Just now, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Yet the tipping point for a lot of people was this Silva transfer. That was where people decided that rudkin needs sacking yet since it has been proved that we couldn't have done anything more as it was all above board on our part and it's not even solely down to him it's the recruitment that put the transfer through, it's rudkin and/or Whelan who signs it off

There's many more people at the top who are in the same boat as him yet it's only rudkin people see as the demon at the top. It's very bizarre 

He's the bottom Demon

2 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Are you Jon Rudkin by any chance?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Walsh hasn't been picking the players at Everton, Koeman has. Walsh was appointed over his head by the Owners and they don't get along.

Koeman wanted to pick his own players. The Owners had to pull them together recently to sort it out and Koeman agreed to leave signings to Walsh in future. Walsh being the gentleman that he is kept his silence at all times. You only have to look at his demeanor in the Everton stands compared to him here.

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Walsh hasn't been picking the players at Everton, Koeman has. Walsh was appointed over his head by the Owners and they don't get along.

Koeman wanted to pick his own players. The Owners had to pull them together recently to sort it out and Koeman agreed to leave signings to Walsh in future. Walsh being the gentleman that he is kept his silence at all times. You only have to look at his demeanor in the Everton stands compared to him here.

Is this the Everton forum?

6 hours ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

This. 

Not sure how anyone can think he should keep his job given the shambles we've been in since winning the league.  They can't sack two managers yet excuse the guy directly above them, especially given his transfer remit.

For the good of the club we need a clean sweep.

Totally agree with you 

1 minute ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

That joke gets funnier every time I see it, do it more

Just curious as you’re staunchly defending the fellow when all evidence points to him being a bit crap. 

Directors should be held accountable and this bloke seems to manage to get away with everything despite the past 12+ months of constant failings on the Football side of things. He gets paid and probably very healthily to ensure the football side of things runs well and 3 failed transfer windows, time spent in the relegation zone, the Silva debacle, being notoriously slow on transfer deals and 2 manager sackings suggest things aren’t running well and overall its his responsibility.

These guys were happy to take the plaudits when the team won the league so they should stand up and be counted when things go to pot.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ealingfox said:

He's the director of football ffs people aren't making this stuff up. We've all seen it with our own eyes.

Three failed transfer windows, no discernable strategy or positive evolution of the team. Managers hung out to dry. Adrien Silva. Molla Wague. Its a joke, the blokes a mug.

I don't know where Rudkin sits in the hierarchy at the club, but I very much doubt it was above Walsh in the summer of 2016 when Walsh bought in his targets like Musa, Hernandez, Slimani et al. Really can't see how Rudkin can be to blame for Walsh along with Ranieri dropping a bollock that summer.

How he's to blame for Molla Wague getting injured I'd love to know.

Since Macia came in, in my opinion the signings have been reasonably decent. Maguire, Ndidi, Iheanacho etc are all players who have a long term future at the top level. I don't see anyone crediting Rudkin for the good signings.

I don't know enough about the club hierarchy to know how much influence Rudkin has on managerial appointments, but I can't see the owners relinquishing control of that. I think the manager changes have been the correct decisions at the time. Ranier had to go because he was taking us down. Shakey had to be given a chance after rescuing us from relegation but ultimately had to go because he was obviously out of his depth. Correct decisions at the time, they just didn't work out as managerial appointments so often don't in top level football.

It's not like we're going through a real disaster anyway. We failed to take that opportunity to build on the league win and that's disappointing. But it was never going to be easy. We only had that opportunity in the first place because we massively overperformed. Lots of factors went into us reverting to mean last year, relatively poor signings by Walsh, proper big name players still not wanting to come here anyway, loss of Kante, injuries, aging players a year older, others losing a little bit of hunger, Ranieri having a difficult second season (like he usually does). Rudkin might have made mistakes as well, though I've seen no evidence of what mistakes he made exactly, but he's obviously not to blame for everything. 

We're in what the history books will describe as a golden age for Leicester City and yet we've got what's fast becoming a lynch mob among our fans trying to hound a bloke out of his job despite there not being any publicly available evidence of him having done anything especially wrong. Is it just me or is it not a bit Lord of the Flies?

Edited by Rogstanley
  • Like 3

The anti-Rudkin attitude is weird. It extends over to signings, which I believe is Eduardo Macia (not that I think he has done a poor job). As for the Silva situation, sure, I suppose we can blame Rudkin, but realistically, the deal was held up bc Sporting's head is a **** and DD badly wanted to go to Chelsea, and we got screwed by a few seconds. 

The Silva situation definitely sucks, but if you think that is the sort of offense that should cost people their job and possibly their career, well, then Sporting's ownership isn't the only bag of d1cks around here. Things happen. You fix your process and move fwd. If you have quality people who make a mistake, you work on making sure that doesn't happen again. You invest in your people. Folks should think about all the times they have f'd up something at work and didn't get canned. Let's not be fools and blame Rudkin for things we have no clue whether he is to blame for.

• Like 2

I love the fact that people are blaming him for all the rubbish signings and wasted money yet turn a blind eye to the players who have served us well and signed  since he has been DOF .  Players like Huth, Simpson , Shinji , Albrighton , Gray(ok jury is still out )    not forgetting the world class Kante and recently Harry and Iborra even Ian not really been proven to be a poor signing yet . Add to that without any real evidence that the whole Silver fiasco is his fault . Which we still don’t know if it’s even Leicester’s cock up or the FA . Yes the Silver situation is a complete cock up but I don’t believe it’s down to Rudkin to personally handle all the paperwork and if you are a boss and you employ someone to do a job and the cock it up is it your fault or the persons who cocked it up . Plus I’ve never met a person yet who hasn’t made a mistake.  

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

Apparently John Rudkin is the cause of global warming ....  some people on here would have you believe .

I Knew it! also the melting of the ice caps! I'm not even being sarcastic. the guy is a c++t

3 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I love the fact that people are blaming him for all the rubbish signings and wasted money yet turn a blind eye to the players who have served us well and signed  since he has been DOF .  Players like Huth, Simpson , Shinji , Albrighton , Gray(ok jury is still out )    not forgetting the world class Kante and recently Harry and Iborra even Ian not really been proven to be a poor signing yet . Add to that without any real evidence that the whole Silver fiasco is his fault . Which we still don’t know if it’s even Leicester’s cock up or the FA . Yes the Silver situation is a complete cock up but I don’t believe it’s down to Rudkin to personally handle all the paperwork and if you are a boss and you employ someone to do a job and the cock it up is it your fault or the persons who cocked it up . Plus I’ve never met a person yet who hasn’t made a mistake.  

I think we're all disappointed (read: f'ing pissed) at the team's performance to start the season, and it is very human to look for a scapegoat. Just seems deeply unfair. 

As for the signings this season, they are for the most part capable footballers the lot of them, all able to contribute at the Prem level. Iborra is improving every game, Maguire is terrific though I still think he needs to slow the F down and be a bit more mindful of his defending, Dragovic looked great the one match he was able to play, isn't his fault we got injured and never moved to a back 3 like Shakey planned, we all know Iheanacho can play in the Prem, but apparently nobody on the planet can play with Vardy except Shinji, f'd if I get that. We also snagged that kid George Thomas who balls out and may have a real future, I mean, IDK. I think we actually had a terrific offseason, infinitely better than last season, we signed 5 players who may legitimately start for the first team this season (fifth being Silva). 

When you sign five players who are good enough to play for your first team in one window, you are doing an epic job. Kudos to Macia and his team, kudos to Rudkin for that Maguire negotiation, was straight-up robbery that, Dragovic was shrewd depth and I think he will wind up playing a big role this season if Morgan picks up a knock, and I'm very curious to see Iheanacho and Slimani paired up top this week, we have some world-class depth this season. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Just curious as you’re staunchly defending the fellow when all evidence points to him being a bit crap. 

Directors should be held accountable and this bloke seems to manage to get away with everything despite the past 12+ months of constant failings on the Football side of things. He gets paid and probably very healthily to ensure the football side of things runs well and 3 failed transfer windows, time spent in the relegation zone, the Silva debacle, being notoriously slow on transfer deals and 2 manager sackings suggest things aren’t running well and overall its his responsibility.

These guys were happy to take the plaudits when the team won the league so they should stand up and be counted when things go to pot.

Pretending for a moment it is Rudkin's responsibility to ensure a good transfer window -- how can you possibly believe this season was a failed transfer window? We added FIVE players who are good enough to start for our first team, and that isn't including the Hull keeper who has had his moments at the Prem level.

What were you expecting that five players of first-team quality constitutes a failure?

2 hours ago, vanity said:

The anti-Rudkin attitude is weird. It extends over to signings, which I believe is Eduardo Macia (not that I think he has done a poor job). As for the Silva situation, sure, I suppose we can blame Rudkin, but realistically, the deal was held up bc Sporting's head is a **** and DD badly wanted to go to Chelsea, and we got screwed by a few seconds. 

The Silva situation definitely sucks, but if you think that is the sort of offense that should cost people their job and possibly their career, well, then Sporting's ownership isn't the only bag of d1cks around here. Things happen. You fix your process and move fwd. If you have quality people who make a mistake, you work on making sure that doesn't happen again. You invest in your people. Folks should think about all the times they have f'd up something at work and didn't get canned. Let's not be fools and blame Rudkin for things we have no clue whether he is to blame for.

You're acting like Silva is the first mistake.

• Like 2

There are people on here who claim to know that Rudkin is a bit of an arse 

ive been around the block a few times and  all the people I meet in positions of high responsibility have generally walked over a few people and ruffled quite a few feathers on the way.  Therefore sorting the unbiased rational opinions from those who have been wronged is sometimes going to be tricky. 

Does anyone here really know if the man is simply a mouthpiece for the owners with little actual accountability??

without knowing this it could simply be a man over promoted and out of his depth but with full trust of the owners or our version of a ‘mike Ashley patsy’. 

Should have kept terry ............