Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Rudkin

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

Was there any chants/banners last night?

Only in/from the Directors' seating area.   Mainly from Rudkin singing 'I'm simply the best, better than all the rest"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 24/10/2017 at 18:04, mozartfox said:

This thread needs to be closed. There are two opposite views and neither side is prepared to give ground.  The Owners are clever business people, so we must hope they see what is really going on and act accordingly in the best interests of LCFC, which in fairness to them, they always have done this, even if some on here do not agree with their decisions.

How dare you come on here and be reasoned and articulate!

17 hours ago, chapero82 said:

Yeah it was a let down but if things go sour I think it could turn quite quickly 

May be a minutes applause 14 seconds after Kick-off in recognition of his Teams' outstanding paper-work skills. 

20 hours ago, Matt said:

For the record, according to Sky and a few reporters three people were involved in bringing Puel in, no-one else, Vichai, Aiyawatt and Jon Rudkin.

Two of whom have no football background, brilliant

Edited by CockneyFox

54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

And if it shows you anything about our stature then the fact that allardyce would take the Everton job after publically stating it's the wrong time to manage LCFC for him ..........

All that shows is Allardyce's lack of judgement ( something not uncommon with him of late).

This claim by Sky about who made the decision. Is it to be believed? Surely our owners have other advisors with extensive football knowledge that they would turn to. The media rarely demonstrate true knowledge about what goes on inside football clubs.

• 6 months later...

The club needs a proper shake up imo. If it doesn’t happen this spiral will just continue.

Puel AND Rudkin need to go, to be replaced by two new men at the helm. Two blokes who can stamp some authority and take us in a different direction.

• Like 2

On 27/04/2018 at 18:02, st albans fox said:

rudders ain't going anywhere. the owners won't sack him - end of.

On 27/04/2018 at 14:02, st albans fox said:

no chance - they trust him implicitly.

The one thing I and a majority of others don’t understand is the owners trust in Rudkin, if the above is true and let’s be honest he’s got away with much it seems to be.

Who are owners to have to answer and justify their reasoning to me but from the outside looking in it’s just defies belief so many players and managers come and go yet he is still here.

Even if Rudkin answered some questions to stand up for himself he might get a little more respect.

I know a lot of people don’t like Stringer (Radio Leicester) but I’ve heard he has tried to get interviews with him without any luck.

It's as if people think recruitment is his only main job, and no-one else apart from him decides on such matters.

He does other things as well, and other individuals assist him on recruitment etc.

1 minute ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

He’s an easy scapegoat. The way people go on you’d think we were bottom half off the Championship again #pespective 

This talk is dangerous. If we continue how we have been over the past two or three months, bottom half of the Championship is exactly where we will end up again.

Concerns need to be aired and discussed. There’s clearly something wrong at the club.

A post like yours reminds me of this forum during Holloway’s reign. Some of us kept saying don’t just look at our points total, look at how we are actually playing. But we were put down by the usual suspects who tried to stamp on any such talk and maintained that we ‘were way to good to get relegated’.

Of course, we did and the rest was history. It was ironically satisfying actually, seeing Stoke suffer the same indignation on Saturday. The day we got relegated at their place, the Stoke fans danced around us in glee at our upset. Now they’ve got their cummupence. And I’m pretty sure they were all saying they’d be fine, a few months ago.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It's as if people think recruitment is his only main job, and no-one else apart from him decides on such matters.

He does other things as well, and other individuals assist him on recruitment etc.

That’s why I’ve started saying ‘him and his team’.

As admittedly perhaps I have been harsh on him in the past, even so he is the head of that team if you like and he is the one who in my eyes needs to front up, answers questions and be accountable for.

At the end of the day the mess we’re in on the pitch I’d guess isn’t all due to Puel and Puel only but he’s the main one we’re all (most of us) are asking questions of and the buck stops with him. So should we not blame him as others are also at fault under his leadership?

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

The one thing I and a majority of others don’t understand is the owners trust in Rudkin, if the above is true and let’s be honest he’s got away with much it seems to be.

It's amazing what winning the league, finishing top 10 and 12th can do for your faith in someone.