Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxInTheBirstallBox

Rudkin

8 hours ago, ADAMSKI97 said:

How can you say that when you have no idea of what the guy does or is responsible for, if you have ever come across the guy he is a decent and approachable bloke,  he is just the owners' mouthpiece.  who is The poor sod who has his head above the parapet. 

come on Rudders if you are going to post on this forum at least get the grammar right!

21 hours ago, Fox Ulike said:

The truth is that none of us know how much responsibility either Rudkin or Shakespeare has had over our recent recruitment. Hopefully though most of us can see it's been dire.

What I do know though is that Rudkin became DoF in January 2015. The same month we signed Kramaric. Since then we've signed Musa, Slimani and Ihanacho. £80m on strikers who don't fit into our style of play.

Since Rudkin took over, we have just stock-piled expensive strikers who don't fit the style of the team. Maybe it's not his fault.  And let's be fair, we have made some very good signings in that period: Okasaki, Fuchs, Huth and Kante. Credit where it's due. If we're blaming Rudkin for Musa surely we have to credit him for Kante?

But since this strategy of spaffing millions on misfit strikers has now been seen under three different City managers, it's hard to see how the blame can be laid at anybody else's door than the DoFs.

More worryingly, if Rudkin is behind this weird strategy of filling the bench with multi-million pound strikers, then sacking Shakespeare isn't going to fix anything. In fact, it will probably make things worse.

Oka, Fuchs, Huth Musa Kante and Slimani were Steve Walsh picks - nothing to do with Rudkin.

20 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Ironically. Well known that Claudio didn't want Kante, had his eye on Mendy and eventually managed to convince those above to sign him, he was his only choice of player he got.

Claudio started work in his office at 8.00ish, from an ITK Shakey would daily stick his head round his door just after and say 'Morning' followed by 'Kante' in a some sort sentence, it became a standing joke until he signed.

May sound like balls but remember Shakey particularly as coach was a players mate, and mates talk, Think i'd let it known if i'd pushed for him.

Totally incorrect.

Swap Walsh for Shakey and you would be correct.

• Like 1

Rudkin is a quiet and inoffensive kind of guy.  He doesnt come across as a charismatic leader running a first class operation.  I have met him and i was surprised that he held the dof position.

Any manager coming in will want to maximise his chances of sucess by have an effective dof... 

Further,  as a club we need to have all the support structures in place independent of managerial changes  :  academy,  sports sciebce;  psychology diet, physio, scouting, negotiation and contracts, recruitment and retention etc .  This has been allowed to wither. We need a strong new broom to put it right. 

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

So literally no one is willing or able to back their opinions on Rudkin up with anything substantial? Is the purpose of the forum merely blind speculation?

And we read the same stuff time over.... 

C'mon people, who is in the know regarding what might be going on at the club with Rudkin, Whelan et al?

I have my suspicions that the senior management are probably both quite inept and too comfortable at the club. But I don't KNOW this. Who does?

And I don't mean yet another poster telling us all yet again how bad everything is, then not telling us exactly what Is, and why..

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

So literally no one is willing or able to back their opinions on Rudkin up with anything substantial? Is the purpose of the forum merely blind speculation?

C'mon people, who is in the know regarding what might be going on at the club with Rudkin, Whelan et al?

I have my suspicions that the senior management are probably both quite inept and too comfortable at the club. But I don't KNOW this. Who does?

And I don't mean yet another poster telling us all yet again how bad everything is, then not telling us exactly what Is, and why..

I'm more interested in the views of people outside the club about our upper management than the ramblings of people on here who have strong opinions  but little or no evidence to  ask it up.

If agents and managers think we're poorly run then we may struggle with recruitment.

Just now, hackneyfox said:

I'm more interested in the views of people outside the club about our upper management than the ramblings of people on here who have strong opinions  but little or no evidence to  ask it up.

If agents and managers think we're poorly run then we may struggle with recruitment.

Yes same here. It does seem interesting that relatively few managers seem to want the Leicester job. Steve Walsh' reputation across the footballing community appears impressive. Ive not heard of anyone who doesn't respect him. Since he left the club I reckon our stock has gone down. But it's merely my opinion. A lot of people on here talk like they KNOW all this stuff.

57 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yes same here. It does seem interesting that relatively few managers seem to want the Leicester job. Steve Walsh' reputation across the footballing community appears impressive. Ive not heard of anyone who doesn't respect him. Since he left the club I reckon our stock has gone down. But it's merely my opinion. A lot of people on here talk like they KNOW all this stuff.

I would have thought the evidence is in who he actually appoints as manager, i'm assuming that's his job. If shakey, pearson and raneiri  all ended up getting the boot because of their failings as a manager, surely its down to whoever employed them in the first place, they're the ones who are basically recommending them as a manager.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Theres lots of conjecture of course Col ...    but isn't that what forums are all about.

No one really  knows what Rudkin gets up to but from piecing together evidence what can we strongly assume ...   

1. There is a problem at the moment that is more than just 'we need a new manager'.

2. Our recruitment has gone from very good to very poor.

3. The players appear to have more influence than they should (Ranieri out Shakey in). 

4. Shakey was probably dismissed too early ? ...    why ?? ..  someone thought he could do the job (FACT ..  or they wouldn't have offered him the job) ?? ...   why did that person(s) change their mind so quickly when it was patently obvious that he had an incredibly unlucky start ...   only towards the end did he really started to mess up and maybe, just maybe, enormous pressure built up and no one gave him any assurances (maybe they could see what was happening and were already sharpening their knives to stab the scapegoat and thus cover their own failings ???).   Remember Shakey didn't want DD to be allowed to go and the one new recruit he busted his balls to get on board (having meetings with him and his parents) was Maguire ...   he played absolutely no part in the Silva fvck up.  Would things have been different with DD and Silva ..   of course they fookin would !   I'm not saying that Shakey was the right man but SOMEONE thought he was !  

5. Walsh wanted some recognition/promotion for what he did ...   he found that at Everton ..   why couldn't he find it here ???  How is Macia coming along ???  Couldn't we call him DOF (Recruitment) and put him on the same level as Rudkin ??

I'd say there was enough there to AT LEAST conclude that there MAY be a problem with the person that has overall control ...    imo the owners (BOTH of them) need to spend time here (not in Thailand) and get to the bottom of it ...   asap !  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Col I know for facts that the club isn’t run the best believe me! And quite amateurish! I’m not allowed to go into detail but trust me the ones higher up definitely need replacing if we want go forward as a club! 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Theres lots of conjecture of course Col ...    but isn't that what forums are all about.

No one really  knows what Rudkin gets up to but from piecing together evidence what can we strongly assume ...   

1. There is a problem at the moment that is more than just 'we need a new manager'.

3. The players appear to have more influence than they should (Ranieri out Shakey in). 

4. Shakey was probably dismissed too early ? ...    why ?? ..  someone thought he could do the job (FACT ..  or they wouldn't have offered him the job) ?? ...   why did that person(s) change their mind so quickly when it was patently obvious that he had an incredibly unlucky start ...   only towards the end did he really started to mess up and maybe, just maybe, enormous pressure built up and no one gave him any assurances (maybe they could see what was happening and were already sharpening their knives to stab the scapegoat and thus cover their own failings ???).   Remember Shakey didn't want DD to be allowed to go and the one new recruit he busted his balls to get on board (having meetings with him and his parents) was Maguire ...   he played absolutely no part in the Silva fvck up.  Would things have been different with DD and Silva ..   of course they fookin would !   I'm not saying that Shakey was the right man but SOMEONE thought he was !  

5. Walsh wanted some recognition/promotion for what he did ...   he found that at Everton ..   why couldn't he find it here ???  How is Macia coming along ???  Couldn't we call him DOF (Recruitment) and put him on the same level as Rudkin ??

I'd say there was enough there to AT LEAST conclude that there MAY be a problem with the person that has overall control ...    imo the owners (BOTH of them) need to spend time here (not in Thailand) and get to the bottom of it ...   asap !  

Excellent summary.

27 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Spot on

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Again...is this more idle speculation. Or do you know this for a fact?

The forum, once again, is speaking like it knows what is wrong behind the scenes...Rudkin.... but based on what?

You can piece this together pretty simply from the bits that do come out from behind the scenes i.e. the shifting of responsibility for the Silva debacle coupled with the fact that all senior management left Shakespeare to field all the questions on it when it is known it wasn’t his choice or his responsibilty. The DoF should have at least attended a presser and said we will be taking no questions on Silva as it is an on going and complicated process instead they left Shakespeare to fumble and basically say i don’t know. For all his faults as a manager that wasn’t in his remit and was totally unfair to let him deal with it with absolutely no support. That gives you an idea of what type of character he is and all of us have come across a similar type in the work place.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Col, unless you're expecting us all to be in the know and work with Rudkin then a lot of this is going to be conjecture. However look at what should fall under his remit and the continual failure of getting players to sign, obscene new contracts dished out for mediocre players, the Silva debacle which is outrageous, no real plan when we need a new manager, the list goes on. He also was the one who wanted Pearson gone after the McCarthur incident and caused a lot of trouble which has been told to me and various others. 

His performance as a DOF just doesn't appear to be under scrutiny by our owners nor measured or quantified during a period of poor results both on and off the pitch. Any business worth its salt and any football club worth its salt would do this but he gets a free ride as what Bert alluded to earlier seems worryingly true. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His performance as a DOF just doesn't appear to be under scrutiny by our owners nor measured or quantified during a period of poor results both on and off the pitch. Any business worth its salt and any football club worth its salt would do this but he gets a free ride as what Bert alluded to earlier seems worryingly true. 

If the owners felt that Rudkin was holding the club back surely they'd pay him a couple of mill extra to keep his trap shut after they'd sacked him.

Better that than allowing him to waste tens of millions every transfer window.

I don't believe they keep him in a job because he has dirt on them or the club.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

If the owners felt that Rudkin was holding the club back surely they'd pay him a couple of mill extra to keep his trap shut after they'd sacked him.

Better that than allowing him to waste tens of millions every transfer window.

I don't believe they keep him in a job because he has dirt on them or the club.

They certainly place " faith " and " loyalty " ahead of performance with Rudkin and the other executives.