Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Trouble in Madrid

13 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

We all know what the Police are like abroad and the Spanish are brutal.

There are always a few that cause the trouble and I expect these are the ones that DIDNT get a baton in the head.Easy pickings for the police to have their fun with the innocents.Hope those causing it feel absolutely ashamed that other innocent supporters got a beating,but I very much doubt it.

Stay safe.

Even the Spanish don't like the police national, they have a rep for being ruthless with their own countrymen.

3 types of police in Spain, police local, quite alright, will be sociable, but don't piss them off, Gaudia civil, basically military, doing a police role, quite ruthless, and then the police nacional, which are the ones who are the ones controlling crowds of leicester, they are known also as the secret police, and are basically ruthless and a law to themselves.

Best advise, steer well clear of them, and if they order you to do something, do it straight away, they are not know for patience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Firegrande said:

Only themselves to blame

The police do not just go around hitting people for no reason 

Yes they do. I've heard stories tonight of people sitting around having a coffee and getting batoned around the legs for no other reason than they had a King Power shirt on. Hundreds of fans across the years will tell you similar stories. Our fans will tell you similar from Seville. Ask the 17 year old girl who was headlocked and turned purple before they let her go. Spanish policing is almost a law unto itself.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Worthington said:

That's very true Matt........Fookin Dutch police used to 'wade in' at the ferry terminal, irrespective of the behaviour of any one group.

In my experience, the German  "Bundespolizei" are by far the best. They at least try to establish some sort of rapport.  Hard and uncompromising when things go 'tits' though !

I once got a smack from a copper in Munich although totally deserved as I was trying to jump up and sit on the police horse with him.

Just got here and I fully intend on staying on the outskirts tomorrow. The Policia here as Monsell said are like a law to temselves. They will wait for a flashpoint and then wade in, take no prisoners. They actively enjoy it and it's all about using your own commonsense.

Considering most posting on this thread are male football fans some of you sound like you have lived very sheltered lives.

Did none of you go to away games as  young lads with your mates and behave in a questionable manner?

Had many free beers and those little bottles of wine on trains in this country back in the day, we used to know exactly where they stored them on certain trains. I wouldn't do it now I'm in my thirties and have grown up considerably but come on boys will be boys.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

don't fvcking blame the police for getting angry then.

what a dumbass thing to do. 

Very similar to when a fan threw a glass bottle at them in sevilla and then people moan that they are heavy handed.

Like it or not, police operate differently in Spain. If you don't like it, don't travel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Even the Spanish don't like the police national, they have a rep for being ruthless with their own countrymen.

3 types of police in Spain, police local, quite alright, will be sociable, but don't piss them off, Gaudia civil, basically military, doing a police role, quite ruthless, and then the police nacional, which are the ones who are the ones controlling crowds of leicester, they are known also as the secret police, and are basically ruthless and a law to themselves.

Best advise, steer well clear of them, and if they order you to do something, do it straight away, they are not know for patience. 

Cheers Pedro.

Winksy and all his 18yr old followers trying to make a name for themselves as the Leicester City Ultras in the square. Aggravating the police and waiting for a response which they got.

Everywhere else has been fine. Majority of locals are Real Madrid fans and wishing us all the best 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Albert said:

Winksy and all his 18yr old followers trying to make a name for themselves as the Leicester City Ultras in the square. Aggravating the police and waiting for a response which they got.

Everywhere else has been fine. Majority of locals are Real Madrid fans and wishing us all the best 

There's always those so called city fans that think they are hard men but they are just idiots. These people are  not city fans they go for trouble and when the police jump in they moan. They spoil it for the genuine city fans that go away so everyone gets tarred with the same brush. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Aprinational youth, right there.

"What do you want to be when you grow up, Johnny?"

"A knobhead, Miss. Or any kind of embarrassment to the city really."

"Well done, Johnny. Never set the bar too high for yourself."

• Like 4

As I've said a thousand times to many a different person. You see a Spanish policeman in riot gear you keep 10 meteres away from him unless he tells you otherwise.

All good about debating who's fault it was, who caused it, who was reasonable etc etc your the one who's going to be telling the story from the POV of the person having the shit beaten out of them and their the ones laughing about it over a espresso and some chorizo ladien crusty bread the next morning. Just keep well away tomorrow will be even worse.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

As I've said a thousand times to many a different person. You see a Spanish policeman in riot gear you keep 10 meteres away from him unless he tells you otherwise.

All good about debating who's fault it was, who caused it, who was reasonable etc etc your the one who's going to be telling the story from the POV of the person having the shit beaten out of them and their the ones laughing about it over a espresso and some chorizo ladien crusty bread the next morning. Just keep well away tomorrow will be even worse.

Basically, this...

Just use your fookin loaf 

6 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Considering most posting on this thread are male football fans some of you sound like you have lived very sheltered lives.

Did none of you go to away games as  young lads with your mates and behave in a questionable manner?

Had many free beers and those little bottles of wine on trains in this country back in the day, we used to know exactly where they stored them on certain trains. I wouldn't do it now I'm in my thirties and have grown up considerably but come on boys will be boys.

Really ? 

Its called robbing and 99% of posters on here never would have carried on like that 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Albert said:

Must be practicing a new scene for his new movie 

4 hours ago, Albert said:

Am I supposed to know who Winsky is?

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Aprinational youth, right there.

"What do you want to be when you grow up, Johnny?"

"A knobhead, Miss. Or any kind of embarrassment to the city really."

"Well done, Johnny. Never set the bar too high for yourself."

Apparently a model and actor is the latest "turn your life around" path 

Johnny might just be appearing in eastEnders selling apples to Danny dyer lol 

7 hours ago, MattP said:

I once got a smack from a copper in Munich although totally deserved as I was trying to jump up and sit on the police horse with him.

Me too,well I thought it was a copper.Bloody no touch policy in Dollhouse in the Reeperbahn.You hire tables and one of my mates gave her a grope and turned at me shaking his head and wagging his finger.Me calling her officer dribble just before hadn't cement relations.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Walked into my newsagents this morning and took all the confectionary. Their fault for not having a security guard manning the entrance. Twats.
I mean what's a lad to do?

Why did you have to take all of it? Surely the decent thing to do would have been to just take one Mars bar? Still defo their fault though

• Like 2