Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2017

4 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I don't like Murphy at all, bit of a sneak, remember him snitching to the ref (allegedly) on Maguire so his opponent got docked a frame. 

I feel as though everyone went to school with a Murphy.

Bit of a cocky twat. Like you say, a snitch and a goody two shoes.

3 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I don't like Murphy at all, bit of a sneak, remember him snitching to the ref (allegedly) on Maguire so his opponent got docked a frame. 

Murphy has always denied this Used to see him in Wigston quite often seemed a very nice guy

20 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Murphy has always denied this Used to see him in Wigston quite often seemed a very nice guy

You wouldn't admit it would you?, but the evidence is there that's why Maquire hasn't forgave him, the ref gave him permission to leave and it wasn't until Murphy went to the ref (after Maquire had left) that the tournament director was called, and there's other incidents of him snitching to teacher too, as well as stories of what a spoilt brat attitude he had even as a kid coming through the ranks.

38 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

There's an article on BBC summing up the first week, and assessing the contenders- world number 1 and defending champion barely mentioned, bizarrely.

The sports news on 5Live yesterday reported O'Sullivan's progression as "remained on course of a 6th world title". Which I found really weird wording as it made it sound a forgone conclusion when we're only at the quarter final stage and he's in the same half as the defending champion and world number 1, and last years losing finalist. Even that article talks like he'll brush aside Ding whilst the only mention Selby gets makes it sound like his second round opponent is really difficult. The Ronnie love in pisses me off at times. Yes he's a fantastically gifted player, and on his day he's the best there is, but he's not always on it. The ways he spoken about is like he wins everything every year, which he doesn't so he's clearly not as dominant as the media make out.

20 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The sports news on 5Live yesterday reported O'Sullivan's progression as "remained on course of a 6th world title". Which I found really weird wording as it made it sound a forgone conclusion when we're only at the quarter final stage and he's in the same half as the defending champion and world number 1, and last years losing finalist. Even that article talks like he'll brush aside Ding whilst the only mention Selby gets makes it sound like his second round opponent is really difficult. The Ronnie love in pisses me off at times. Yes he's a fantastically gifted player, and on his day he's the best there is, but he's not always on it. The ways he spoken about is like he wins everything every year, which he doesn't so he's clearly not as dominant as the media make out.

It's really strange, he's a double world champion and current world number 1! Not to mention his win in the UK championship over O'Sullivan. Oh well, we're pretty used to it, as City fans. Just makes it even better when he beats him.

Looking forward to hearing Kingfox's update on the Selby game today even though he was watching the other table. Selby would've been very disappointed with anything less than 6-2 after his flying start. Gives him a great cushion. 

Archived