Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2017

16 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Still amazed that the wider press seems to overlook Selby. He may not be a box-office genius nutjob like Ronnie but when he's on he's very, very good.

The press and quite a few commentators (especially Virgo) are so far up Ronnies arse it's unbelievable. 

Just noticed the guy who's always in the front row at Selby's matches in a blue t-shirt with 'Jester' on it is sat in the front row of the Ronnie-Ding match with a black 'Rocket' t-shirt in the same design.  Seems like he has a collection lol 

54 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Hope Ding goes on and wins the whole thing now.

Watching Selby this morning, I think he really is at the peak of his game and nobody will even come close to him.

Although if Mark doesn't win it'll be nice to see Ding finally do it.

33 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Watching Selby this morning, I think he really is at the peak of his game and nobody will even come close to him.

Although if Mark doesn't win it'll be nice to see Ding finally do it.

Selby has showed more consistency throughout his matches, today he was sensational, the century breaks he made were flawless.

Ding consistency wise has had his ups and downs especially against Liang, when he gets on a hot streak like he produced last year and at times this year he is amazing to watch. In the 13 frames he won against Ronnie he made a 50+ break in all of them, nine centuries throughout the tournament.

Selby will probably be too solid consistent wise, I'd love to see Ding come through though, too good not to be World Champion at some point, 3rd best player in the World behind Selby & Ronnie.

18 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Selby has showed more consistency throughout his matches, today he was sensational, the century breaks he made were flawless.

Ding consistency wise has had his ups and downs especially against Liang, when he gets on a hot streak like he produced last year and at times this year he is amazing to watch. In the 13 frames he won against Ronnie he made a 50+ break in all of them, nine centuries throughout the tournament.

Selby will probably be too solid consistent wise, I'd love to see Ding come through though, too good not to be World Champion at some point, 3rd best player in the World behind Selby & Ronnie.

I mean I don't follow it enough these days to have an accurate opinion on who is better than who  but to call Ronnie the 2nd best player on the tour is a massive statement isn't it? Can't knock his natural talent but his application means he struggles to be anything like his old self and seldom wins ranking tournaments, he hasn't won one this season has he?

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I mean I don't follow it enough these days to have an accurate opinion on who is better than who  but to call Ronnie the 2nd best player on the tour is a massive statement isn't it? Can't knock his natural talent but his application means he struggles to be anything like his old self and seldom wins ranking tournaments, he hasn't won one this season has he?

On their day Selby, Ronnie & Ding are ahead of everyone. Trump & Fu have had great seasons, Hawkins has been consistent for a while but even though Ronnie has had his ups and downs this season, he's still one of the best of course and only behind Selby as the best player in the World imo.

Might not of won any ranking tournaments this season; however he did win the Masters and was runner up at the UK, that's still good going.

Just now, kingfox said:

On their day Selby, Ronnie & Ding are ahead of everyone. Trump & Fu have had great seasons, Hawkins has been consistent for a while but even though Ronnie has had his ups and downs this season, he's still one of the best of course and only behind Selby as the best player in the World imo.

Might not of won any ranking tournaments this season; however he did win the Masters and was runner up at the UK, that's still good going.

On his day he's increadible just those days seem to be less and less frequent as he starts to take the sport less and less seriously 

45 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

On his day he's increadible just those days seem to be less and less frequent as he starts to take the sport less and less seriously 

Too many dips in concentration, his safety game was his biggest weakness this tournament.

His success at the Masters & UK tell you he still has it, those tournaments were only four months ago,

7 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

That 143 break was sheer class

Selby does have everything in my opinion, he can win when off his game because he is such a brilliant match play player but when on it there aren't many better ever, and he becomes very exciting to watch.

Ronnies flaw is his temperament and that was evident in that second session against ding which ended his tournament really, he became too loose and didn't put the thought in he had been. Selby never allows that to slip in, he keeps his cool all the time regardless of how he is playing or his opponent. Ronnie has improved on it a lot but he is still behind the likes of selby, Davis and hendry.

Hawkins responding well now...

22 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Selby does have everything in my opinion, he can win when off his game because he is such a brilliant match play player but when on it there aren't many better ever, and he becomes very exciting to watch.

Ronnies flaw is his temperament and that was evident in that second session against ding which ended his tournament really, he became too loose and didn't put the thought in he had been. Selby never allows that to slip in, he keeps his cool all the time regardless of how he is playing or his opponent. Ronnie has improved on it a lot but he is still behind the likes of selby, Davis and hendry.

I agree. There's an unseriousness about O'Sullivan sometimes. Not playing on with two snookers required and needlessly taking on attacking shots against Ding made it look like he wasn't interested in the workmanlike part of the game in that match.

Archived