Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Lingard I'll give you. Pogba no. They sold him and resigned him for a world record fee, that's hardly bringing through your own player and developing him lol 

Haha true, but it's another player they've produced capable of playing at the top level. Well I say that, I'm not sure when he joined their academy.

Overpriced but we dicked around last season and went cheap with Hernandez and it got us nowhere. The club like an English / British core and whoever we sign needs to be a good communicator. Could do a lot worse than this lad given insane prices in the market at the moment. 

Just now, filbertway said:

Haha true, but it's another player they've produced capable of playing at the top level. Well I say that, I'm not sure when he joined their academy.

They signed him 2009, aged 17 from La Havre.

It'd be great for us to get hold of a highly regarded British prospect for a change; especially seeing as Man City or Chelsea are likely to price Michael Keane right out of everyone's budget this summer. Only thing is are we likely to go and spend £30mil + for a (at this time probably) relegated centre back?

Why not use Jeff and Slims price tag for comparison purposes because that's where the market is at wether we like it or not

30 mill for a top class English LEFT footed centre half is at least the going rate if not more

he is different class to Maguire

Not very often John Percy is far off the mark 

would think there will be a few cheaper and younger centre halves from lower league clubs being looked at as well 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Lingard I'll give you. Pogba no. They sold him and resigned him for a world record fee, that's hardly bringing through your own player and developing him lol 

Darren Fletcher. John O'Shea. Wes Btown. 

Granted they're not great players but they've won multiple league titles and  CL trophy.

We could have had Maguire for 2 Million 2 seasons ago before Hull nicked him. We made the same mistake with Robertson and Alli. Now how much are they worth. You've got to grab the Talent when you see it otherwise you lose out.

I thought we learned our lesson when we grabbed Gray from Birmingham but it seems not.

While it would probably prove a good move in the long run, I reckon there might be better options available to us this window. Maguire for one looks like a better defender and fits the Huth mould rather seamlessly. Shawcross is currently linked with a move to Newcastle and I certainly wouldn't mind him here - he's 29, has around 300 games of premier league experience and would probably fit our system well. Personally, now Wasyl is probably at the end of his time here, I'd like us to sign a complete psychopath from Eastern Europe to maintain that fear factor in our side. Long live Tunchev. 

I personally really really rate him.

Would love us to sign him and Maguire and for us to be set at centre half for years. Trouble is i'd have said 30m for the pair, not 30m for one of them.

I see a lot of Jan Vertonghen in Gibson.

40 minutes ago, Koke said:

Darren Fletcher. John O'Shea. Wes Btown. 

Granted they're not great players but they've won multiple league titles and  CL trophy.

So since 92, their strike rate is too dissimilar to ours, a few players making it at the top level but not a whole team. Granted the quality may be better but they are a huge club. So setting the benchmark at the class of 92 is ridiculous, it's a once in a generation thing for a league let alone a club.

33 minutes ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

While it would probably prove a good move in the long run, I reckon there might be better options available to us this window. Maguire for one looks like a better defender and fits the Huth mould rather seamlessly. Shawcross is currently linked with a move to Newcastle and I certainly wouldn't mind him here - he's 29, has around 300 games of premier league experience and would probably fit our system well. Personally, now Wasyl is probably at the end of his time here, I'd like us to sign a complete psychopath from Eastern Europe to maintain that fear factor in our side. Long live Tunchev. 

I presume the Shawcross comment is some sort of joke ?

12 hours ago, Wookie said:

Keane isn't going to join us, he'll have much better offers.

Unfortunately you're right, that ship has long since sailed.

Out of the three young English centre backs who get constantly mentioned Keane looks by far the best out of him, Gibson and Maguire. 

27 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Unfortunately you're right, that ship has long since sailed.

Out of the three young English centre backs who get constantly mentioned Keane looks by far the best out of him, Gibson and Maguire. 

Agreed, I've not really seen a lot of Gibson but he's played in part of a tight Boro defence so he must be alright. Maguire's looked promising every time I've seen him however. 

Why are people still dismissing Keane? He won't get anywhere near Chelsea's, Man Utd's, Arsenal's or Tottenham's first 11, Man city need to sign a world class CB as do Liverpool.

Literally the only teams competing for Keane's signature are the likes of Everton & West Brom. We can compete with those teams for signings & we have the advantage of Keane knowing our players & Shakespeare.

Archived