Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Zieler frustrated

He is shocking. I remember Sunderland away earlier this year, you could see he was making no attempts to communicate with his back 4.

Bin

If we were to loose Kasper a goalkeeper would need to be a our immediate priority for replacement.

Shame as he had a decent rep when he came here. Claudio described him as his other number 1.

Clearly Kasper is miles ahead though. Maybe Claudio envisaged Zieler as Kasper's long-term replacement. It's a pity he's not shown anything to suggest he's worthy of it.

Silly negatives...again trying to demean a player..

He was in the team when the guys in front were offering pathetic cover...They were at the time poor to the man

Zieler made some great saves at the time, but also made mistakes...

Hes 28, he came here believing, he would see even more game time, nothing wrong in him he would reaccess

his position in the summer...

plus he hasnt said anything negative or laid blame towards team, or club..

He can take his threats and shove them as far as I'm concerned. 

He's had more games including in the champions league than he should have expected when joining as cover and competition for kasper and when he's had his opportunities I've found him unconvincing. 

He'll never earn more money than what he's on here. If I were him i'd reconsider his ill judged comments because he'll regret it when he's earning a quarter of what he's on now at a mid table bundesliga outfit. 

Being an understudy goalkeeper to someone like Kasper must be one of the most frustrating jobs in football but I don't think he's Zeiler's ever convinced anyone he's going to be a challenger for the job.

But. he'd have been paid well enough for having next-to-no front line responsibility so I'm sure his time here would have been reasonably rewarded.

Theoretically there's a lot he could have learned from Kasper in terms of motivational involvement, focus and determination but he'll never know how much he's benefitted until he moves on and I'd imagine that time will be right for both parties come the end of the season.   

Goalkeeper responds to questions about his current professional and isn't satisfied wasting his career on the bench so will weigh up options in the summer. 

Fair play. It's not worked out for him here and it's good to see some players with desires to play football rather than just make up the numbers.

Probably best to shift him on in the summer and look at options internally, I wonder how Iversen is developing? If none of the youths are close enough then we can get another keeper in.

Archived