Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Zieler frustrated

Zieler isn't very good. But I think Kasper improved his game this season by taking the few good bits off Zieler's game, namely coming out of his box more and catching rather than punching. Think the added competition rattled Kasper and dropped his form/confidence at the start of the season though.

It's a no-brainer as to why he's not been more involved.

It's a combination of Schmeichel playing the best of his career currently and Zieler not being effective enough in the opportunities he had whilst Schmeichel was temporarily injured earlier on in the season.

If Schmeichel makes a terrible mistake soon, though I can see that happening personally, then that may only be the time he could return to the team.

I've actually been surprised at how bad he has been for us considering his pedigree. He looks a poor goalkeeper, not just a goalkeeper who hasn't played well. If Kaspar leaves in the summer he would not be the player to replace him. I was quite surprised when we signed him as a 27 year old World Cup winner with 7 caps for Germany. I didn't think he was replacing Kaspar but looked far too good to be a No2 for Leicester on the face of it.

Reserve goalkeepers are a strange one, it's a position that isn't rotated unless it's an early cup round and goalkeepers don't get as many injuries as outfield players as they don't run as much. He must have come here thinking he could dislodge Schmeichel but he's light years away from doing that, it's a no contest between the two.

56 minutes ago, Tuna said:

He can take his threats and shove them as far as I'm concerned. 

He's had more games including in the champions league than he should have expected when joining as cover and competition for kasper and when he's had his opportunities I've found him unconvincing. 

He'll never earn more money than what he's on here. If I were him i'd reconsider his ill judged comments because he'll regret it when he's earning a quarter of what he's on now at a mid table bundesliga outfit. 

And people slag players off for money grabbing.

Cant win can they? He wants games, its refreshing not something to beat up about.

Also, stop being reeled in by tinpot news outlets who twist the truth, you are better than that.

If this was the Sun saying Schmeichel looks set to leave we'd be dismissing it saying its only the Sun lol

There's nothing quotewise in that article that makes him come across as a twat, infact its probably just bits from an interview he did about a month ago. Any bit part player we have will have the same thoughts he is having. Its just a shame for him that the games he played was mainly infront of the defence that we were slating at that part of the season, and Schmeichel has easily gone up a level this season. Perhaps that is as a result of having our best #2 for donkeys years.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Silly negatives...again trying to demean a player..

He was in the team when the guys in front were offering pathetic cover...They were at the time poor to the man

Zieler made some great saves at the time, but also made mistakes...

Hes 28, he came here believing, he would see even more game time, nothing wrong in him he would reaccess

his position in the summer...

plus he hasnt said anything negative or laid blame towards team, or club..

He was the keeper at Hannover when they got relegated....says it all really

Apart from that, he is completely inept. Against Bournemouth away he kicked the ball straight at the back of an opposition forward and if the forward had been any good he would have scored a freebie

I really don't know what he expected when he came here. Kasper is one of the best keepers in the world at the moment and it's not as if Zeiler hasn't had a chance. He didn't do a massive amount wrong when he was in but clear that defence didn't have a massive amount of confidence in him. 

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Already mentioned here a week ago:

And in best Sun fashion, Zieler's original statements in German are either taken out of context or misinterpreted. At no point did he "threaten to quit" the team. lol

The dumb, knee-jerk reactions are getting ridiculous on here. I guess folks are back to believing what The f***ing Sun has to say about our players.

Close thread.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

He can take his threats and shove them as far as I'm concerned. 

He's had more games including in the champions league than he should have expected when joining as cover and competition for kasper and when he's had his opportunities I've found him unconvincing. 

He'll never earn more money than what he's on here. If I were him i'd reconsider his ill judged comments because he'll regret it when he's earning a quarter of what he's on now at a mid table bundesliga outfit. 

This is just sad.

Ffs ignore that sun article, don't even need to read it to know it's based on an interview he gave weeks ago saying he was frustrated but ready to be called upon, understanding why he's not getting minutes due to kaspers form.

He's shown good attitude in my opinion, he always supports the boys on social media even when he's not playing.

Lets not turn this into a witch hunt just because not many rate him.

Not surprised to hear this, he'll go back to Germany with the right team and do well probably - a decent keeper for the mid-table over there, proven that already.

Won't be fun if we have to replace two keepers this summer though, but if we lost Kasper i'd have been inclined to replace him with a new number 1 like Joe Hart anyway rather than promote Zieler to the top spot - so yeah good luck to him in the future.

I've been frustrated... with his dire performances.

Can't kick further than the halfway line, no communication, can barely remember him making a save in all honesty.

We'd do well to get rid of as many of last season's summer signings as possible. Re-coup as much money as we can, put it together with the Champions League money and try again!

3 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Threatening to leave?!? Somebody do something! ....Like order him a taxi.

I will drop him off if we can get through to play Dortmund in the semi's.

Woeful and looked garbage from Day One - watched him in Germany and thought he was awful then so I was surprised when we signed him.

Archived