Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Zieler frustrated

A bit of a non-story. I would not expect any player to be happy to be a bench warmer, the fact is did he ever expect to knock PS out out the starting line up and if he did he had his chance and was average. I am afraid he will have to go (even if we lose PS) but with my best wishes.

13 minutes ago, Mease said:

A bit of a non-story. I would not expect any player to be happy to be a bench warmer, the fact is did he ever expect to knock PS out out the starting line up and if he did he had his chance and was average. I am afraid he will have to go (even if we lose PS) but with my best wishes.

PS? I'd be pissed off of Peter was starting ahead of me, now Kasper I could understand. lol 

6 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Shame as he had a decent rep when he came here. Claudio described him as his other number 1.

Clearly Kasper is miles ahead though. Maybe Claudio envisaged Zieler as Kasper's long-term replacement. It's a pity he's not shown anything to suggest he's worthy of it.

Probably CR getting confused what he should of said is I have signed a goaly as good as my number twos

6 hours ago, Thracian said:

Being an understudy goalkeeper to someone like Kasper must be one of the most frustrating jobs in football but I don't think he's Zeiler's ever convinced anyone he's going to be a challenger for the job.

But. he'd have been paid well enough for having next-to-no front line responsibility so I'm sure his time here would have been reasonably rewarded.

Theoretically there's a lot he could have learned from Kasper in terms of motivational involvement, focus and determination but he'll never know how much he's benefitted until he moves on and I'd imagine that time will be right for both parties come the end of the season.   

Pegguy made a career out of it!

Made a grand total of 39 appearances in his entire career. And won 7 trophies (or at least got the medals)

30 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

The Sun can fvck off, he's not said anything of the sort.

This won't earn them any plaudits either.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39601728

While we might live in a society that will happily blow a thoughtless throw-away comment up into something akin to a planet-sized threat to the Earth, I'm amazed this venomous diatribe ever got past a sub-editor and into print, notwithstanding any reason Barkley might have caused offence.   

5 hours ago, filthyfox said:

He was the keeper at Hannover when they got relegated....says it all really

Apart from that, he is completely inept. Against Bournemouth away he kicked the ball straight at the back of an opposition forward and if the forward had been any good he would have scored a freebie

Banks, Shilton, Wallington..did the same.Even let posies go through their legs....

Maybe - like with possibly with Amartey and Musa, as well - he'll learn from his mishaps from this season, have all of pre-season to start from fresh and feel more prepared for when next season comes?

Not sure we could sell any of these three quite easily in the summer as some think, too.

He has for the majority of the time been left exposed by an under performing back four.

However, he has absolutely no presence as a goalkeeper whatsoever and whenever he plays he only makes you appreciate Kasper more.

Also the goal he let in at Bournemouth I could have saved and I was eating a pie at the time.

5 minutes ago, Mease said:

Would be great, I suspect big boys will get him though.

He needs to either stay put or move to a club that's going to make him number one. No point in going to a big club and not playing at his age. If we lose Kasper then it'd be a great move for him to come here. Other than that teams like Watford, or West Ham would be a good move. Probably Everton are the biggest club where I could see him getting in a number one straight away, but I imagine they'll be aiming bigger than Pickford.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He needs to either stay put or move to a club that's going to make him number one. No point in going to a big club and not playing at his age. If we lose Kasper then it'd be a great move for him to come here. Other than that teams like Watford, or West Ham would be a good move. Probably Everton are the biggest club where I could see him getting in a number one straight away, but I imagine they'll be aiming bigger than Pickford.

But when they come knocking....? What about Liverpool?

If Kasper goes would love him here.

1 minute ago, Mease said:

But when they come knocking....? What about Liverpool?

If Kasper goes would love him here.

Oh yeah he'll probably join a big team and ruin his career. Hopefully Jack Rodwell has had a chat with him and pointed out the downside of joining a team where you're just making up the numbers.

Archived