Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

If we don't make decent signings in the summer, then I worry for us. I know we can turn it on when needed, but our starting CB's have a combined age of 65, and we still only seem to be able to play one way and that is heavily reliant on Jamie Vardy being fit and available. (and scoring!) 

Get our transfer window right, with splashing serious cash on 3-4 top players, and we can really kick on and push for a comfortable top 10 and higher. I don't want to go back to the stress of being in relegation battles. Spend the cash Vichai and get us Sigurdsson, Trippier, Gibson and Adrien Silva. Four starters, that could really make a huge difference to us. 

Edited by STUHILL
  • Like 4

I predict that in 17/18 Tottenham will chase down the leaders like a pack of lions, sorry, liars, and come 3rd.

Some years there's a theme of new managers at the big clubs whereas at the moment you feel it's more settled and it's a case of work in progress at some but how patient will the boards be? With Chelsea back in Europe the impact of additional games should reduce the gap between themselves and Man City whilst Liverpool try to beat Utd in getting into the top four alongside Spurs.

Arsenal depends on the Wenger situation, one last glory, a last chance saloon or a new start / new look under someone else? I predict a transitional year with a new assistant (Bergkamp?) who will become manager at the end of next season.

Wenger will move "upstairs", not as a director of football but to open a cremerie and produce fine Cheeses whilst learning the accordian in an unused store room. Anything he does not see clearly will now be down to the several litres of Bordeaux guzzled as he works accompanied by only a crackly gramaphone record of a warbling chanteuse (Sorry, just a broad generalisation of what frenchmen do when they retire). Everton with their current progress and Bolasie fit could nail 7th and then we can make eighth our own, preferabley all season, not flirt with relegation for a while first. 

1-Man City

2-Chelsea

3-Spurs

4-Liverpool

5-Utd

6-Arsenal 

7-Everton

8-The King Power Fosse Foxes (Did I not mention the controversial name change with compromised resolution)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, STUHILL said:

If we don't make decent signings in the summer, then I worry for us. I know we can turn it on when needed, but our starting CB's have a combined age of 75, and we still only seem to be able to play one way and that is heavily reliant on Jamie Vardy being fit and available. (and scoring!) 

Get our transfer window right, with splashing serious cash on 3-4 top players, and we can really kick on and push for a comfortable top 10 and higher. I don't want to go back to the stress of being in relegation battles. Spend the cash Vichai and get us Sigurdsson, Trippier, Gibson and Adrien Silva. Four starters, that could really make a huge difference to us. 

33 + 32 = 65

We simply have to address the CB issue this summer, it should have been addressed last summer. 

I also think we need a quality CM signing to really push the group. 

We also obviously need to replace those that leave (I fear Kasper will). 

7 hours ago, Strokes said:

40 point target anyone?

I said at the start of this season, an I'd say it for next season 50 points please, the owners are ambitious, splash a bit of cash an aim for 8th-10th next season. It's realistic but pushes on an builds from the previous 3 seasons.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Relegations a cert now but at least we have a scapegoat if we do. UPinCarolina hang your head in shame. Starting this before we are safe.

Maybe he could go and start a "Championship 2017-2018" thread on the Forest forum.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

Relegations a cert now but at least we have a scapegoat if we do. UPinCarolina hang your head in shame. Starting this before we are safe.

Didn't even consider the possibility when making the thread. Oversight on my part. Oh well. You have your quarry now, potential angry mob leader.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

Didn't even consider the possibility when making the thread. Oversight on my part. Oh well. You have your quarry now, potential angry mob leader.

I was joking but if your happy to carry the can lollol I don't think we are in danger now.