Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Man City to win it I think.

Then again I say this nearly every year. I think they're gradually improving after a mid-season blip and Chelsea are going a bit the other way.

Be surprised if Man Utd win it. They'll spend massive again, and end up with an imbalanced squad, again.

As long as Bournemouth and Southampton aren't relegated, this will be the first time three clubs from the South Coast are in the top flight at the same time. Pretty sure when Bournemouth were promoted, it was the first time 2 clubs were (or maybe that was just the first time two South Coast clubs were in the PL at the same time).

8 minutes ago, FireFox said:

As long as Bournemouth and Southampton aren't relegated, this will be the first time three clubs from the South Coast are in the top flight at the same time. Pretty sure when Bournemouth were promoted, it was the first time 2 clubs were (or maybe that was just the first time two South Coast clubs were in the PL at the same time).

Assuming Portsmouth still counts as south coast, they are Southampton were in the Premier League at one point.

• Like 2

Guest CityFan 06

I'd like us to challenge for Europa League qualification next season (17-18). I think it's a reasonable ambition, and doable. 

We need a good summer in terms of recruitment.

Who we get in the first few fixtures will determine how it goes.

Avoiding nearly all the top clubs for the first 10/11 games in 2015/16 was massive.

The scenario isn't likely to happen next season but if the first 3 out of 5 or 6 games were won we might fancy another strong season again. Teams in the champions league might have to face us before or after which if we're in form they won't be looking forward to. Hopefully Leicester will be a different animal compared to the start of this season.

I think many of us at the beginning of the year predicted an 8-9th  / 10-12th place finish - and it looks like we might well achieve that.

Seems to me like we should be aiming for the Europa League. We might be able to squeeze 2 more years out of the core crop of players we've got now.

Edited by UPinCarolina

On 18/04/2017 at 12:30, Dan LCFC said:

Man City to win it I think.

Then again I say this nearly every year. I think they're gradually improving after a mid-season blip and Chelsea are going a bit the other way.

Be surprised if Man Utd win it. They'll spend massive again, and end up with an imbalanced squad, again.

Man City's squad is a bit unbalanced currently but when they get a decent keeper and some new defenders they'll have an amazing squad.

Jesus, Sane (who I think has the potential to be one of the best in the world), Sterling, Silva, Aguero, De Bruyne and Gundogan, crikey.

I see Palace chairman Steve Parish will be one of the new 'dragons' on Dragons Den.

Maybe we could send Rudkin on there and try and get him to buy Musa and Mendy :ph34r:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

I see Palace chairman Steve Parish will be one of the new 'dragons' on Dragons Den.

Maybe we could send Rudkin on there and try and get him to buy Musa and Mendy :ph34r:

Ahh, so that's what they call 'Shark Tank' in the UK.

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

I would like us to be competing with Everton for 7th/8th spot and also having 2 good cup runs, hopefully going all the way in one. 

Breaking the top 6 will be a tall order I think 

Agreed. But want us to still ask the question of the top 6 and push them all the way. As long as we're competing at that end of the table and not the dropzone 

On 18/04/2017 at 12:16, TheUltimateWinner said:

Oh god I don't like this, I know its very slim we still go down but talk about tempting fate...

When was that season we defied all the odds? lol 

Crazy,  fate tempting thread.. 

We're not safe in the slightest yet! 

36 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Newcastle United return to the PL one season after relegation.

With the team they have they are going back down lmao, major investment needed. they've lost 10 times this season and to many of their players can't play at home(the pressure and all). Too many bottlers in that side. Their home form needs to be solid if they want to have a chance of staying up.