Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

2 hours ago, ajthefox said:

They were pretty good when we won the league though weren't they. It's just gone to pot since. 

Not sure there is any one thing you can isolate as the main cause but moving to the stadium clearly hasn't helped.

They weren't, Payet was. Statistically they were average at best but Payet kept scoring free kicks and worldies. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lildave3 said:

They weren't, Payet was. Statistically they were average at best but Payet kept scoring free kicks and worldies. 

Unfair - there were several other players performing very well ; Noble, Antonio, Cresswell, Reid off the top of my head. They were a good team.

As we've seen, losing one player can cause a domino effect and things can spiral out of control pretty quickly.

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Thank God the Prem returns this weekend. I cannot believe the amount of 'breaks' we've had already!

This - Not the Premier League per se, football as a whole.

Although what I will say is the amount of 'breaks' (International ones anyway, can't think of any others you might be talking about? :dunno:) there have been is the same as other seasons in recent years I think?

It has seemed more noticeable, annoying and even more of an inconvenience in the last 2 seasons for some reason, really frustrating and wish they'd just fuck off!

The last two seasons due to start, stop, start, stop thanks to silly internationals I feel like we've never been able to get into a run of games or a 'rhythm' if you like. It's the same for everyone, I'm not disputing or making excuses for ourselves, I'm making the point for league football as a whole.

Anyway, has international football and pointless friendlies maybe helped us out ahead of the weekend? I didn't watch the borefest that is England last night but i'm told Jesus went of injured - Out for the weekend? Then I read a mixtures of Aguero fainting/not fainting/feeling unwell at half time in their game - bearing in mind Guardiola decides whether he plays Aguero or not based on how the wind blows might he rest him at the weekend? :dunno:

Edited by Matt

2 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Unfair - there were several other players performing very well ; Noble, Antonio, Cresswell, Reid off the top of my head. They were a good team.

As we've seen, losing one player can cause a domino effect and things can spiral out of control pretty quickly.

23 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Not unfair, I liked all those players, I still do, but without Payet doing what he did which *should* not be happening every week they'd have been mid table at best... 

• Like 1

What on earth are Everton doing? Still got the caretaker in charge, a half hearted attempt to get Silva, talks with Fat Sam that developed into nothing - it's nearly a month since Koeman was sacked. 

Feel it's a massive game for Arsenal today, for the sake of Wenger's future.

Should they lose, a gap will be starting to form; and, considering the majority of the fan's already feel uneasy about Wenger, further tension would build.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, the fox said:

do you know how much i want spurs to lose, i will actually give up some quality arsenal fan tv entertainment for that.

and somebody from arsenal, please feel free to two-foot dele or at least slap the smug out of his face, thanks!:thumbup:

Happy now Foxy ...    :thumbup:

• Haha 1