Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

17 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I think arsenals invincibles were better personally. Along with a couple of the Utd squads over the years. Mostly the champions league winning squad of 08

The Man Utd team of 2007-09 was a beast. 3 straight league titles and a CL. Plus 2 other CL finals lost to a peak Barca aide. These MCFC lot are exceptional though. 

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I expect Huddersfield to take their place in the bottom 3 soon, and stay there.

Swansea looked doomed.

Our approach to the Huddersfield game was so cowardly. We acted League One team in a cup tie away to a PL side.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

Our approach to the Huddersfield game was so cowardly. We acted League One team in a cup tie away to a PL side.

I absolutely agree with this. For me personally, it was the time I realised shakey wasn’t the man for us. The way we went up against Huddersfield was nothing short of embarrassing. We treated them as though they were strides ahead of us in quality terms. 

I just hope at the end of the season points dropped like that don’t haunt us. 

Talksport are the worse!

They hate Arsenal it's untrue whilst Spurs are the media darlings.

Even just now on MOTD Shearer pretty much said it was a rare good performance by Arsenal and Tottenham just had a off day.

There is a reason why they have not won anything for 11 years..

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Not a fan of either team really but the nonsense spoken before the North London game was incredible. You'd think Tottenham were serial title winners and Arsenal were languishing in mid-table the way things were going. "One Arsenal player would get in the Tottenham team", "the balance of power has shifted", "Pochettino is streets ahead of Wenger". 

Yet the table shows a one point difference and Arsenal have won three trophies in four seasons. No doubt Tottenham are a very good side but the narrative needs to calm down a bit.

I just don’t get the whole media love in with Tottenham and their players,  whether  it be for Tottenham or England they all love them but they have done nothing  except come close a few times . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Koke said:

The Man Utd team of 2007-09 was a beast. 3 straight league titles and a CL. Plus 2 other CL finals lost to a peak Barca aide. These MCFC lot are exceptional though. 

Think they only lost one final to Barca in that period man (2009 I think - the other was further down the line when they weren't as good - Wembley in 2011?) but they were ridiculous 07-09. The front three of Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez was incredible to watch at times.

5 hours ago, Koke said:

That side was ridiculous. Lighting going forward and scored goals for fun. They really were a joy to watch. Even if it was Utd. The defence was about as solid as the premier league has seen too

West Brom are absolutely shocking. MOTD up to their usual tricks again "what do they expect" etc... they've been in the league for about 8 years and their aim, as a decentish sized club, should still be survival?

Clubs like Burnley and Watford have overtaken them. That isn't good enough. WBA should be in a position now to be going for 7th, not playing for 40 points.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tuna said:

I expect Huddersfield to take their place in the bottom 3 soon, and stay there.

Swansea looked doomed.

I can see West Ham staying down there now, what a daft appointment going to a manager that suffered relegation in the previous season. Imagine that the Olympic stadium hosting championship football.

27 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

West Brom are absolutely shocking. MOTD up to their usual tricks again "what do they expect" etc... they've been in the league for about 8 years and their aim, as a decentish sized club, should still be survival?

Clubs like Burnley and Watford have overtaken them. That isn't good enough. WBA should be in a position now to be going for 7th, not playing for 40 points.

"What do they expect?" 

"Do West Brom  expect top 4?"

Or my favourite:

"Be careful what you wish for"

Any club outside top 6/7 aren't allowed to have ambitions. Despite being a cvnt, Adrian Durham is one of the few people in the media who rightly call out clubs like WBA who stink up the place aiming for 40 points. He was one of the few who said our owners did the right thing by sacking Ranieri, while the rest of pundits and journos were having a mental breakdown over it.

Can't wait til WBA sack Pulis and hire a 40 year old from Rayo Vallecano or Torino. The press meltdown will hilarious.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Being careful what they wish for, apparently. Having won 3 and lost 14 of their last 23 matches, not winning in 10 and playing utterly turgid football, they need to be careful what they wish for as the next man might be even worse.

Why want to watch decent football when you can watch this again and again?

I can understand the owners wanting survival because of the money involved but the fans don't see any of that, they pay to watch negative, hideous football and are bored out of their minds.

• Like 1