Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

26 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I'm sorry you'll have to explain that last paragraph. I've had a couple of beers but that hasn't helped!!

Most afc fans I know think Wenger should've gone 8 years ago. 

Doesnt make it right...I know my wife and kids, who told me 8 yrs ago I am weird, but I am still hanging in...

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

Apparently the Stoke shortlist is down to 3...Steve McClaren, Paul Lambert and Gary Megson!

If anyone wants a laugh, the oatcake forum is in meltdown at the moment!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh my days my Stoke to go down bet is actually on its way in!!!

Of those three I'd go for Lambert.

13 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Just shows what a great achievement Arsenals 2003/2004 season was.

For some reason that team and achievement is still my favourite Premier League "non foxes" moment.  Really liked that team and can;t see another doing it for many years. X

BBC need to get rid of the public vote for Goal of the month. That Salah goal against Everton was decent, but it was probably the worst of the 8 on the shortlist. Just let the pundits decide, a public vote just means it goes to a player from a team with most people arsed to vote. So when it's on motd2 when Bournemouth and Liverpool both won it isn't a surprise that the top three were made of Liverpool and Bournemouth goals.

You've just got to feel sorry for the whinging younger Arsenal fans that have only lived to see their team win cup trophies or were still little ones when the Invincibles were active, now going through all that misery.

They never thought about that any series could come to an end at any given time.

It's as if football's all about winning - cherish the dour experience, because it'll make you stronger again.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

BBC need to get rid of the public vote for Goal of the month. That Salah goal against Everton was decent, but it was probably the worst of the 8 on the shortlist. Just let the pundits decide, a public vote just means it goes to a player from a team with most people arsed to vote. So when it's on motd2 when Bournemouth and Liverpool both won it isn't a surprise that the top three were made of Liverpool and Bournemouth goals.

Agreed. I think they only started this after that phone-in competition scandal about 10 years ago? Look at old MOTDs from the 90s etc and it was a call in competition and if the goal you thought was best was picked by the MOTD pundits you won some tickets or something.

Now it's part of their #getsocial crap which just makes it a popularity contest unless it's an absolute worldie, meaning people can suspend their pathetic club bias for a few seconds.

RIP Cyril Regis

I think the problem for wenger and Arsenal is that he knew he needed quality to establish a top four spot. But with arsenal underachieving it would be difficult to compete with the likes of the manchester clubs chelsea and even liverpool to do this in the same market for players.

With 2 extremely good players signed when the club was healthier, even though they wanted away they pinned their hopes on those two getting them back into the top 4 and each giving 100% to do so. Perhaps showcase themselves to pick most world top clubs to move to.

This might also attract some decent european players to come in.

Instead they havent been as effective and their heads arent in it. So they lose the money AND players.

I kind of get it though. Arsenal wouldnt be able to attract an özil or sanchez to the club to replace them. They already had players of tgat quality ... so hoped theyd stay and rejuvenate the club.

Its a watershed now because no way wenger can take arsenal forward. He isnt respected (he should be) and i think we have to accept arsenal will be mediocre for 5 or so years and look to bring their own through and look at european bargains much like us.

16 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Just been confirmed!.. 

Bye bye Stoke.. Enjoy The Championship! 

Going down accompanied by Lambert's monotone musings would not be fun.

Very good player, uninspiring manager right out of the Moyes mould.

For the rest of us, he'll be a very minor improvement on listening to Hughes ;blame everyone else' rantings.

Personally, I pleased to see any manager with Ferguson influences removed from the Prem, it can only enhance my enjoyment.

Edited by Max Wall