Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Id feel more confident in west brom staying up than stoke, just on the basis they have more grinding ability.

Swansea's lack of goals is a big issue for them.

I think southampton will have enough to stay up.

As it stands now, id go Swansea, Stoke and Newcastle to go down.

Brighton just about ok, huddersfield by the skin of their teeth

Huddersfield need 5 wins from 16 games....quite achievable, can’t see Baggies slipping up, Brighton Swansea and either Stoke or Bournemouth for me...massive game for Stoke v Huddersfield, if they go a goal behind the fans will be on their backs....if it’s an away win Stoke are 7 points behind Huddersfield and an abysmal goal difference......

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

What an uninspiring appoint by Stoke, they go from Mark Hughes to Paul Lambert. Who last two jobs he failed at Championship level. Worked in the premier league before of course with Norwich and Villa. Villa job was hard in his defence had no money, shit squad and received no support from board through out probably did well to keep them up. But his overall record recently is terrible. Prepare for life back in championship Stoke fans. Bet now they wished they stuck with Hughes! 

I'd take Lambert over Hughes. Not even joking.

Stoke and Hughes clearly became one of those scenarios where the manager is effectively doing more damage than anything. To the point I think literally anyone could have improved them for a while.

I can see Lambert keeping them up.

It's a shame the new manager bounce is so effective. It sums up the short-termism of the Premier League.

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

what was the points difference that Utd closed down on Newcastle all those years ago? 

Newcastle United 1996

Led from 19 August-23 March

Biggest lead 12pts

Points from last 10 games 17

Finished Second

To go down - Swansea, Newcastle, Southampton

Have this feeling West Brom will go on a run under Pardew, his teams are either brilliant or terrible, Brighton have enough about them to win their home games. Huddersfield look to be in danger but somehow I think they'll scrape survival. Stoke surely just need a fresh start and their players to be a little bit motivated.

Southampton's a weird one, they are too good to be down going on their squad there but their manager is truly out of his depth and they don't seem to want to get rid. The atmosphere is a weird mixture of toxic and apathetic which is not going to help them win crucial matches at St Marys. I think they'll drop in 18th spot.

Walcott having a medical at Everton... Wilshire still not signed a new contract which runs out in the summer, Sanchez on his way out, Ozil nowhere to be seen since last year.... They've made themselves weaker year on year, and are now profoundly unattractive to top players.

We are only 8 points off Arsenal. I desperately want us to finish above them again this year. Please, this has to happen.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Everton fans want Walsh out .

We need to get him back  

No we don't. The people who did the legwork are still here ;)

We do need a new DOF though... just not our old scout.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

....Is the ability to sprint to a fax machine in 100m record time a requirement of the job because at lcfc it should be... 

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

37 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

....Is the ability to sprint to a fax machine in 100m record time a requirement of the job because at lcfc it should be... 

Sounds like we've finally found a position for Musa. Running fast to fax machine - check. Knows how to run a chain of petrol stations, so probably got more business acumen than Rudkin. Can he negotiate? The man has 2 wives, and he is still alive and in good health. 'Nuff said. lol

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Koke said:

How much are Everton paying for Walcott?

He's on £140k a week at Arsenal so Everton will probably match that. 

£20m, apparently.

Think he's quite over-rated now, but he would've been a great purchase around 5-7 years back.

20 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

About £20 million and they seem to have plenty of cash so don't think they'll be bothered about wages. That's £47 million down for them already this window on top of their summer spree. Mad.

Mad innit. What are they going to achieve in signing Walcott?

Walcott has a bit to prove and provides pace which is something everton need.

I think he will do well with consistent game time.

20 million is a lot though.

Find it staggering that Walcott presumably has a bit to run on his deal ar Arsenal yet Ozil and Sanchez are free agents in 6 months.

With the exits of Sanchez and Walcott likely to happen for Arsenal I'm expecting a huge incoming surprising deal for them. Hate to say this but once they've cashed in for these two they might throw the kitchen sink to get Mahrez or someone like that. Here's one that wouldn't surprise me Sturridge to Arsenal?

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

With the exits of Sanchez and Walcott likely to happen for Arsenal I'm expecting a huge incoming surprising deal for them. Hate to say this but once they've cashed in for these two they might throw the kitchen sink to get Mahrez or someone like that. Here's one that wouldn't surprise me Sturridge to Arsenal?

Malcom and Aubameyang linked. 

Both excellent.

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

1 hour ago, Donut said:

Malcom and Aubameyang linked. 

Both excellent.

I sincerely hope not. Arsenal are finished as a "top" club. Any player wanting to go there needs their head checked out.

• Like 1