Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

lol The internet isn't for you pal. 

It shouldn't be for the likes of you, that's for sure. Save patronising me, I know what you were suggesting, and it's a disgrace. Just because it's on the internet, that's a most pathetic attempt at justification. 

£20mil, £120k (at least) a week on a three and a half deal for an injury prone, 28 (soon 29) year old winger with dodgy end product and a reliance on pace, funding Arsenal's move for Malcom in the process.

That's a poor signing for me.

Everton talk about catching the top sides, yet play right into the hands of the most catchable one.

Does anyone else find it baffling that only 7 teams in the whole Premier League have a positive goal difference? Us being one of the 7.

I might just never of noticed it before but us, along with only the top 6, have a positive goal difference.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adster said:

Does anyone else find it baffling that only 7 teams in the whole Premier League have a positive goal difference? Us being one of the 7.

I might just never of noticed it before but us, along with only the top 6, have a positive goal difference.

Probably down to the amount of goals Liverpool and Man City have scored against teams this season lol 

31 minutes ago, Adster said:

I remember hearing a stat in 15/16 that that was the first time since 98/99 or something that West Ham finished the season with a positive GD in the Premier League. I initially thought it was made up but it isn't. Mad ting. 

Edited by Koke

25 minutes ago, Adster said:

When Sunbury predicted this, I was as surprised as you ... but it's how things seem to work out given a fairly dominant top six.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 08:50, Sunbury Fox said:

with the increasing dominance of the Big 6, the team finishing 8th will probably have a negative goal difference and lose quite a few more than they win.

That said I am very optimistic we can finish 7th, with a winning record and positive goal diff.  Cannot see Burnley or Everton finishing with a positive diff though.

6 hours ago, Adster said:

Wondering how spuds fans will use this fact.

I know this is very belated, but have I just read that Andy Carroll could be out for ANOTHER four months?

lol

He has to be the biggest, overpaid, sick note ever surely? 

For a bloke who owns half of the outskirts of Newcastle, he's hardly ever played the fookin game!

They were after Llorente in late summer weren't they, Chelsea?

Seems bizarre it seemingly has to be someone with Prem experience and the last two links of Crouch & Carroll suggest it now has to be homegrown too. Shame cause they could have Ulloa off us, even Rondon would be an intelligent acquisition. Next they'll probably be after Connor Wickham and that big lad who was at Leeds and Oldham a few years ago. Give Steve Howard a call aswell Conte!

andy carroll would be a great signing but crouch is taking the piss a bit. carroll is the best in the world at what he does, maybe the best ever. crouch is just a bit taller than everyone else. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I know this is very belated, but have I just read that Andy Carroll could be out for ANOTHER four months?

lol

He has to be the biggest, overpaid, sick note ever surely? 

For a bloke who owns half of the outskirts of Newcastle, he's hardly ever played the fookin game!

Would he rather own half the outskirts

Or Would he Just  like a High %  on all soccer forums....Guarrantee run out on the green turf..

I cant dislike someone so much I can laugh at their situ, of not being able to practice their chosen short career.

On 17/01/2018 at 22:48, Sol thewall Bamba said:

lol The internet isn't for you pal. 

When you said liverpool fans dont take responsibility for their actions was it something other than hillsbrough you meant?

No banter or offense just wondered if thats what you meant

10 hours ago, Adster said:

Helps not getting battered by anyone. Our biggest loss was to Palace lol