Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Swansea have been hurt badly by the injuries (mostly against us). They are in danger of going down after all. I think West Brom have gone and looking at Stoke today they'll be down too.

Just now, FIF said:

Swansea have been hurt badly by the injuries (mostly against us). They are in danger of going down after all. I think West Brom have gone and looking at Stoke today they'll be down too.

I would be happy enough with those three going down.

25 minutes ago, Anorak said:

It'd be a great achievement for them to get in the Europa but it has the potential to really mess them up next season.

True but if a team like Burnley cant enjoy the ride if they made Europe then whats the point?

The league is a shit, if not more so than when we won the league.

We won the league because we were the best team, we were really good, take absolutely nothing away from our achievement, it's the same this season, obviously Man City are by far and away the best team they are very, very good and they'd win it most seasons.

But as for everyone else? Dogshit.

The quality and standard is absolute shite. Poor.

We could have made alot more of this season ourselves, beyond 7th but we seem to be happy to make up the dogshit as do everyone else for that matter.

You could argue it makes it more competitive but I can't really see it.

Edited by Matt

Nice one Southampton. I rather moodily went to check the final score there, not expecting them to have equalised. Just need Watford to pull something off now and then there will have been no harm done.

How we are still in contention for 7th after the last few matches though is beyond me. 

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

The league is a shit, if not more so than when we won the league.

We won the league because we were the best team, we were really good, take absolutely nothing away from our achievement, it's the same this season, obviously Man City are by far and away the best team and they are they are very, very good but as for everyone else? Dogshit.

We could have made alot more of this season ourselves, beyond 7th but we seem to be happy to make up the dogshit.

Well, when Mahrez goes in the Summer, I'll be furious if it indeed filters out of the club that his behaviour had much to do with the downturn in fortunes for our season.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Southampton have a poor fixture list. I reckon they are going down. 

I know its all part and parcel of being annoyed at a shite result, but i swear every time I watch a game between teams that could challenge our position in the league, it seems that they just play with much more one touch play, intensity and belief than us from minute one.

• Like 1

Okaka really gives Watford something not alot of teams have, a big confident striker who has alright speed and huge strength. Like how Leo was effective for the first two years, just creates issues and really helps push the team to the pitch.

League's really starting to bunch up now. Top 6 are really far away whilst ourselves and Burnley have gone off the boil at the same time.

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

The game is very reminiscent of ours. 

Not one of Sky/BT's classic live matches I guess.

But then I doubt anyone expected Watford v a Big Sam side to be really.

Okaka is a strange one - is very powerful and has a good touch but doesn't seem to stay fit for very long and clearly fell out with Silva.

Mind you Deeney has been pretty average but got the vital goal which was much needed really in a drab game.

You were miles better than Everton in attack for example - they seemed happy to settle for 0-0.

Got West Brom next week - well bound to lose that one!

(Arsenal and Liverpool away after that too..)