Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Must be the pedant in me but that means they shouldn't be mentioned in this thread ............

Just trying to track the development of the field for the 2017-2018 season as events happen that affect it's makeup.

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Of course we are. The top seven are well away from the rest this season, we're mid table and we've done it before, so we're obviously gonna been seen as the most likely outside the top seven.

• Like 1

Everton are one club I don't understand really.

Year upon year, they say they have 'ambitions' as a club, yet they have rarely featured in European competitions?... Hence don't understand the hype about the club? :unsure:

But under Koeman, it's a big season for him to try and close the gap on the top-six, something they've rarely done over the seasons.

It'll be another few seasons before even considering Man United as serious title contenders imo.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

25 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I feel like those odds for Tottenham, assuming they keep the band together, aren't so bad for bettors.

I think those odds are about right, with CL distractions and playing a whole season at Wembley I wouldn't bet on them finishing top 4

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Some other fans rate us a little more than we do. Saw some Stoke fans commenting on our game v Man City and they seemed impressed. If we make the correct signings the chase for Europa is on next season.

"Excellent game. Leicester still have a tremendous amount of talent in their ranks.. ManC are over-flowing with top quality players but they don't seem to take charge of matches and put them to bed.

"Very impressed by Leicester today. Thought the referee had a very good game too. All the major decisions were correct."

No chance United win it, they're nowhere near competing. What can they add this summer that they didn't last summer?

A world beating striker? One of the highest rated midfielders in the world? Oh no wait they already did that and were still shite.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

See nothing other than another comfortable Chelsea win. So much more quality in depth and have a great manager.....oh and Kante

What if Conte/Kante leaves?

If Manchester City sort their defence out they'll stand a great chance of winning it. Going forward they are absolutely superb, the likes of Sane are still only very young. The whole defence needs looking at though.

20 hours ago, Corky said:

Still in this market ;) 

We shop in our own market, although we'll have far more to spend this time, especially if we get £25-£30 million for Keane.

If we can get a decent winger we should be able to get a few more points away from home this time! :)

58 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

If Manchester City sort their defence out they'll stand a great chance of winning it. Going forward they are absolutely superb, the likes of Sane are still only very young. The whole defence needs looking at though.

If they get their defensive targets (Walker, Kasper, Bonucci and Sandro) then they're comfortably favourites for me.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

If they get their defensive targets (Walker, Kasper, Bonucci and Sandro) then they're comfortably favourites for me.

Too many new players at once usually means too many changes and mistakes. By the time they get used to each others game they'll have played a fair few matches.