Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

59 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Nice to see most realise how impressive it is that we knocked Sevilla out rather than laughing at United for going out to them. What is it now, we're the only team to beat them in European knockout competition for 4/5 years is it? 

Incredible. 

Can I just add this:

Who were the last English club to win the home leg of a Champions League knockout tie?

Yes. that's right. 'Little' Leicester City.

Five Prem clubs in this round of 16. No home wins (D2 L3). Not the league it's cracked up to be.

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Man U seemed to think they’d got the job done drawing away but It just proves if you’re the Home side in the first leg a 0-0 draw is a pretty good result, 

Playing Matic and Fellaini at home. Pogdab is shit, Lingard a waste of space, Rashford is sacrified to let Sanchez plays on the left. The latter shows all the signs of a flop. Hoof it to Lukaku and hope something happens. Bought expensive stars and can't even get them to play together. Why Mata doesn't start is beyond me.

Worst ManU team I've seen in years.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Playing Matic and Fellaini at home. Pogdab is shit, Lingard a waste of space, Rashford is sacrified to let Sanchez plays on the left. The latter shows all the signs of a flop. Hoof it to Lukaku and hope something happens. Bought expensive stars and can't even get them to play together. Why Mata doesn't start is beyond me.

Worst ManU team I've seen in years.

It's better than it has been since Fergie left. Infact it's better than the team Fergie had assembled in his last 2 season, but the man was a genius. He's had incredible teams over his time but he had some bad ones too. Again fegie was just incredible.

He really was the best manager of all time. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It's better than it has been since Fergie left. Infact it's better than the team Fergie had assembled in his last 2 season, but the man was a genius. He's had incredible teams over his time but he had some bad ones too. Again fegie was just incredible.

Other than Brian Clough and a few others

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Yes he still had to build a squad and as we proved money is not everything.

But really Fergie must have broken more transfer records than any other single manager ever.Yes he did a great job but until Roman appeared no club could compete with him.

15 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Yes he still had to build a squad and as we proved money is not everything.

But really Fergie must have broken more transfer records than any other single manager ever.Yes he did a great job but until Roman appeared no club could compete with him.

True. Didn't mean so much as the money but if you think of the squad he left at United it was really quite poor. By untied standards at the very least. He still managed to get them to win the league. As far as managers go he was a genius. He had the ability to make average players good players and good players sensational. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

In your opinion. 

Well, obviously (do we all have to write that every time?).

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, FIF said:

Well, obviously (do we all have to write that every time?).

I was hoping not, but it seems as though me not writing made you respond with someone else as though it were fact. I do assume I've got it wrong though. I hope I did.

Edited by ARTY_FOX

11 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Madrid or Bayern would be the worst draws for Man City. Let's hope they only meet in the final. Real have nothing else but the CL to save their season and they'll focus only on that. Don't let their Liga form fool you, they have enough quality and experience, above everthing else, to dispatch on the counter a great but very inexperienced Man City. Bayern are flying under everyone's radar but they're firing on all cylinders since Heynckes too over (again). Solid contenders for the CL win.

Oh I know they’ve treated the Champions League with a great deal more respect and intensity than La Liga, but I’d still say in comparison to other seasons, there certainly seems to be a more quantifiable weakness about Madrid this year. I am not saying Man City will win, but I think that if they did play Madrid, this season will be as good as any to potentially beat Madrid. 

Yes, Bayern under Heynckes look quite formidable yet again. I think Man City would have their hands full. Hopefully we’ll get to find out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turbogre said:

When will this continuous carousel of washed up mediocre managers stop being given so many top tier opportunities?

don't forget though, it's the foreign managers preventing younger British managers from opportunities in this league!!

40 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Carragher suspended until end of season..from BBC site:

"Former Liverpool and England defender Jamie Carragher has been suspended by Sky until the end of the football season after he spat at a car. Carragher was filmed spitting from his car towards a girl in another vehicle after Liverpool's 2-1 Premier League loss at Manchester United on Saturday. He has apologised over the incident.

The broadcaster says the 40-year-old, a Sky Sports pundit, will "get the help he needs to guarantee something like this never happens again".

Hopefully, he's having his mouth sewn up....

Silence of the Lambs.jpg

44 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

"Former Liverpool and England defender Jamie Carragher has been suspended by Sky until the end of the football season after he spat at a car. Carragher was filmed spitting from his car towards a girl in another vehicle after Liverpool's 2-1 Premier League loss at Manchester United on Saturday. He has apologised over the incident.

The broadcaster says the 40-year-old, a Sky Sports pundit, will "get the help he needs to guarantee something like this never happens again".

lol

Edited by Tuna

3 hours ago, Turbogre said:

When will this continuous carousel of washed up mediocre managers stop being given so many top tier opportunities?

I think that but ultimately it stops a lot of clubs who have similar potential to us from progressing, ergo making it easier for us to do so. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

2 hours ago, norwichfox said:

I hate this 'get help' bullshit, it's the same line all those Hollywood sexual harrasment shitcunts use. It takes the blame off themselves and makes it about an 'illness'.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

I hate this 'get help' bullshit, it's the same line all those Hollywood sexual harrasment shitcunts use. It takes the blame off themselves and makes it about an 'illness'.

I've got an incurable illness... It's called Ifvckinghatethespudsitis... 

Can I get any professional help? 

2 hours ago, z-layrex said:

For Sky to publicly state that Carragher needs to get 'help' simply adds to the humiliation, I'd have thought.

4 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Extra time and a really long penalty shoot out that maybe lasts an hour or so  tonight for Chelsea and then big delays on the flights back ready for Sunday's game ?

Would have been nice, Chelsea are rubbish their defence is SOOOO bad.. Think i said in the other thread i'm actually hopeful for Sunday.