Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

The only manager I respect the most is Eddie Howe and possibly Pochettino and of course Puel. Still not sure whether to like Sean Dyche or not.

Howe has took his club - that shouldn't really be there in terms of the infrastructure compared to other PL, Championship and perhais even some League One clubs - from the fourth to the PL which like Graham Taylor did at Watford, is such a rare achievement in the game.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's a great chart to show the ludicrousness of the managerial merry go round. I kind of suspect Puel will end up being in this list in the future, as he's securing a reputation for solid if unspectacular results. I hope he can help LCFC progress, but it given that the club recently stated that our current position is "satisfactory" it shows that Top and co are hungry to push onward and upward so I think next season we will be expecting to push on again.

It's interesting that none of the newer breed of former player - turned managers like Giggs, Campbell, and Gerrard have got anywhere close to a Premier League job. I wonder which one of these will be the first? My prediction is that Patrick Vieria will be the next Arsenal manager alongside Thierry Henry.

Tbf though, I do think it helps highlight as well why these managers are picked. Hodgson's only real failure, at clubs of this stature was with Blackburn in the 90s. Big Sam's failure with Newcastle, although like the West Ham job seemed harsh with hindsight. Hughes' only real failure being with QPR, which was quite disastrous. Moyes is one that you'd imagine should be off the merry go round after West Ham, his second chance of redemption has ended up flat on its face. Same kind of goes for Pardew & Pulis only having one real failure with West Brom.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I don’t know how. They are playing PL opposition and they can’t be faulted for running roughshod over teams. 

Their players numbers are inflated (mainly Raheem and Sane). i'm not blaming them for it, i'm just pointing out the facts.

They have a very good team and system but they lack the feeling a helplessness that teams like barca and real madrid and players like messi and ronaldo emit.

9 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Stat padding is my least favourite development in football terminology of the last 5/10 years or probably ever.

I have no idea what it even means and I don't think I can even be arsed to Google it. 

3 hours ago, the fox said:

Fellas, there are only 4 games in this game week so for the guys who play FPL, go change your team. I just played my free hit to have 11 active players for this game week.

Just done the same!

It felt a bit like putting a bet on actually as I had to pick the winner of each game in my head and then fill my team with their players lol 

Edited by AjcW
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Just done the same! Felt a bit like putting a bet on actually as I had to pick the winner of each game in my head and then fill my team with their players lol 

When you see those goalkeeper options that you have to pick from.....

QLR3J_s-200x150.gif

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The only manager I respect the most is Eddie Howe and possibly Pochettino and of course Puel. Still not sure whether to like Sean Dyche or not.

Howe has took his club - that shouldn't really be there in terms of the infrastructure compared to other PL, Championship and perhais even some League One clubs - from the fourth to the PL which like Graham Taylor did at Watford, is such a rare achievement in the game.

Howe has spent a small fortune though which often gets overlooked. Money doesn't make the team, we know that. But he's spent a lot to go through the leagues.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Howe has spent a small fortune though which often gets overlooked. Money doesn't make the team, we know that. But he's spent a lot to go through the leagues.

Spends no more than other managers now he's in the PL. While in the football league I know Wilson was £3mill but not sure about other spendings. He got automatically promoted from league two while in admin. 

He's done a superb job at Bournemouth.

Edited by Fox92

19 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I don't mind Dyche. He was annoying while we were both going for promotion but you can't overlook the job he's done, given Burnley were favourites for relegation from the Championship when they finished runners-up behind us.

Edited by Fox92

56 minutes ago, the fox said:

Like Michael Jordan said not too long ago, numbers and stats mean nothing without a title. until they win the CL and KO barca or real madrid they are just another overhyped team from the PL.

there’s been one trophy won so far this season and guess who won it. they’ll win the league in about 3 weeks. they’re favourites for the champions league. the EXACT napoli team who you claimed were better got dicked on twice by man city in the champions league and arent going to win anything. i’ve got no idea what your point is but it’s a really bad one. 

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

there’s been one trophy won so far this season and guess who won it. they’ll win the league in about 3 weeks. they’re favourites for the champions league.

By whom? Barca and Real Madrid are favourites. they won the carabao cup and bottled the FA cup.

Man city managed to avoid barca and real madrid in the CL and now they are facing pool with klopp the pashon merchant. 

My point is, they are a very good team but people are acting like they are the best team in the world and the season isn't even finished yet.

4 hours ago, the fox said:

Fellas, there are only 4 games in this game week so for the guys who play FPL, go change your team. I just played my free hit to have 11 active players for this game week.

You do know the missing games will be played in later game week don't you, so you'll double up then. Perfect week to treble your captain if he's playing twice.

1 minute ago, the fox said:

By whom? Barca and Real Madrid are favourites. they won the carabao cup and bottled the FA cup.

Man city managed to avoid barca and real madrid in the CL and now they are facing pool with klopp the pashon merchant. 

My point is, they are a very good team but people are acting like they are the best team in the world and the season isn't even finished yet.

The season isn't finished yet so you can't say they're not either. 

But the point stands that on a domestic level, they're going to be breaking some records this season so if some people feel they're the best club side we've seen in England they have plenty of support for their argument.

• Like 1